Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I had to Google it. Xyzal? I’ve never seen it anywhere. When Allegra stopped working as well, they bumped me to the bigger Kahuna: Xyrtec. Then they start adding Rx nose sprays. Yuck. I’m now back down to Allegra plus nose sprays.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. (Actually, mine are 365 but this season is the worst.)

They’re publishing “How to tell the difference between Covid-19 and allergies” all over the place.
    Xyrtec = cetirizine.
    If that isn't working, I would suggest Xyzal (levocetirizine) over Allegra. Xyzal is chemically identical to Xyrtex, but just the mirror image of it.
    It's on the shelf, but hasn't been widely advertised at all. It has been a game changer for me.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Xyrtec = cetirizine.
    If that isn't working, I would suggest Xyzal (levocetirizine) over Allegra. Xyzal is chemically identical to Xyrtex, but just the mirror image of it.
    It's on the shelf, but hasn't been widely advertised at all. It has been a game changer for me.
    Did Zyrtec, for years. There has been some evidence of drugs that make you tired (Benedryl, Zyrtec) making post-nasal drip worse. I had a sore throat pretty much all the time, then tonsillitis, from p-n drip. I got tonsillitis just as the stay-at-home order started, and I didn’t want to start the whole doctor-trips thing, PLUS I have asthma, so I started back up on the Allegra (being cooped up with dust mites and cat dander is not helping), plus I got religious with my Flonase (TWICE / day per Rx). I have Rx Azelastine (worst tasting stuff ever) and if it’s REALLY bad I have Rx Ipratroprium Bromide (also tastes terrible).

The tonsil inflammation went away within 4 days of being back on the Allegra and serious Flonase. It also stopped my sleeping all day, which is a hallmark sign of my allergies hitting a high point. While I was in college in the winter, I’d go out to my car and sleep in my damned car. A cop woke me up, once, because a neighbor thought I was dead. My doc said it’s just a hallmark symptom of my allergies.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-07-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Xyrtec = cetirizine.
    Yeah, xyzal in conjunction with allergy shots has finally gotten my body to stop from feeling like it's trying to escape itself. Might not be the cheapest thing out there, but Rite-Aid here usually has some kind of a discount on the 80-count box.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, xyzal in conjunction with allergy shots has finally gotten my body to stop from feeling like it's trying to escape itself. Might not be the cheapest thing out there, but Rite-Aid here usually has some kind of a discount on the 80-count box.
    I was getting generic cetirizine on Amazon for really cheap. I can’t get generic fexofenadine (Allegra) for nearly as cheap, which is surprising. Generic Flonase is still so expensive, some stores are locking it up. I looked up levocetirizine at Walgreens and wow, yeah, that’s pretty expensive, too.

Chris Cuomo is really sick with Covid-19 right now and his wife says that his first days were “allergy like symptoms” so it’s no wonder so many news reports are going out on how and when to know the difference.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-07-2020 at 09:42 AM.