Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah ive been side missions but i wonder how deep in i am because i havent seen those bail missions yet. I actually really like the heists i was just hoping wed see them more frequently and maybe in a different context.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    amazing game. i cant help but laugh when the word that i think best describes it is 'polished' and im referring to a gta game. about 20% of the way into it and I think i like trevor the most so far. rockstar got it beyond right this time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Yeah ive been side missions but i wonder how deep in i am because i havent seen those bail missions yet. I actually really like the heists i was just hoping wed see them more frequently and maybe in a different context.
    Bail is Trevor only, it's marked as a ? on the map for him, kinda middle of nowhere. There's not a lot of them but they require skill. You can replay the heists/missions and don't forget you can rob convenience stores etc if the mood takes you. Plus, with the random events and diving stuff, the fact there's not a million heists isn't the end of the world to me.

And don't forget: GTA Online has wayyyyy more heists than that

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Also, anyone who got the deluxe edition: if you have a UV/Blacklight, you might want to check the blueprint map again...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Also, anyone who got the deluxe edition: if you have a UV/Blacklight, you might want to check the blueprint map again...
    Dude, what's on that map opens up a crazy aspect of the game. I don want to spoil, pm if you want to chat
    Last edited by ericy210; 09-22-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I like that they like to show off but finding 50-100 items (I'm not just talking GTA here) in a tireless grind is just boring to me. Always has been always will be. PS1, PS2, Xbox 360/PS3. Never been a fan of it. Assassin's Creed and the Arkham games are the worst.

The Arkham games actually do collectibles well and are really the only games I could be bothered with them in. I have no idea who enjoys them in AssCreed though...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You can use the tags "[spoiler ][/spoiler ]" on ETS if you want to discuss things like that in the thread, I reckon a few more people on here might have the map (or not have it and want to know what to do!)

I wonder if there's anything else hidden on it, anyone tried using invisible ink revealer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally got the game. After playing so much Last of Us recently it's insane seeing how totally average the character models, animations and voice are in this... Guess that comes with the genre though.

The game's good fun but driving feels way too snoppy, I didn't think i'd miss the heavier/more realistic feel of GTA IV but here we are. The writing is annoying too, the amount of fuck's just doesn't flow and feels so forced and douchey.

It'll be cool when I get used to the controls too. I keep changing weapons instead of sprinting, sprinting instead of jumping and pushing circle to get in/out of cars.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Dude, what's on that map opens up a crazy aspect of the game. I don want to spoil, pm if you want to chat
    you should [/spoiler] that shit! i'm mega interested

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    My absolute favourite thing in the game so far is the missions assigned by the pot activist.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Also, spoiler discussion inbound: Spoiler: The level of alien prescence in the game is fucking awesome, from the easter egg of the frozen one in the prequel level to the alien abduction that michael maybe has, I'm really loving how much they're embracing the more kooky side of GTA but maintaining the realism that the HD era has had.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Also, spoiler discussion inbound: Spoiler: The level of alien prescence in the game is fucking awesome, from the easter egg of the frozen one in the prequel level to the alien abduction that michael maybe has, I'm really loving how much they're embracing the more kooky side of GTA but maintaining the realism that the HD era has had.
    Spoiler: I'm not knocking GTA or talking shit but this whole aliens thing in the game reminds me so much that they want to venture to Saints Row territory.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Spoiler: It felt more like an homage to San Andreas, what with (late game spoiler) Spoiler: bigfoot finally being in it, it's still realistic and the Spoiler: aliens aren't even cartoonised, unlike the Spoiler: clowns from trevor's nightmare trip

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: It felt more like an homage to San Andreas, what with (late game spoiler) Spoiler: bigfoot finally being in it, it's still realistic and the Spoiler: aliens aren't even cartoonised, unlike the Spoiler: clowns from trevor's nightmare trip
    Spoiler: The aliens look like Xenomorphs from the Aliens franchise - just bulkier and more humanoid. I loved the clown mission. I thought it was hilarious that the music played in the background was the same music score that was used during Pee Wee Herman's bad dream in PW's Big Adventure when the clowns operated on his bike:

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I haven't done the threeway pot activist mission yet, I'm really hoping Spoiler: Franklin has something too, I was disappointed he just got driving missions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    reading a few spoiler posts of in a row and then looking back on how they look makes this thread kind of hilarious.

I've been playing the game, when I can, for the last few days at a friend's house. I have to wait until November until I can get a console since I am spending a few hundred on some NIN shows.
    The only thing that bothers me about it is the camera angle movement. It seems that when I am in a shootout with the cops, its really hard to instant pan/angle myself towards each individual one for targeting. Maybe I'm just rusty. I always have to turn the default aiming/driving sensitivity down. I thought the driving was really good with that setting adjusted. The default setting is absolutely ridiculously sensitive.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I haven't done the threeway pot activist mission yet, I'm really hoping Spoiler: Franklin has something too, I was disappointed he just got driving missions
    Franklin still has the Spoiler: assassination missions, too! Also, Spoiler: quick-save before starting the assassination missions, after Lester tells you which companies stocks are going to be affected re-load the quick-save and invest all of each characters money in the beneficial one. I missed out on that tip but some people claimed that by waiting until the end of the main story to do it they made about 100 mil per character by investing that way

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just got Trevor. He's a lot of fun!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Has anybody else beat the main story already? I don't know if it's just because I've had nothing else to do this last week but it seemed a lot shorter and easier than the previous games, but on the other hand I was so into the story that I didn't really stop to do too many side missions or explore too much except for a few times when friends came over and we just screwed around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Has anybody else beat the main story already? I don't know if it's just because I've had nothing else to do this last week but it seemed a lot shorter and easier than the previous games, but on the other hand I was so into the story that I didn't really stop to do too many side missions or explore too much except for a few times when friends came over and we just screwed around.
    Ive finished it, and almost all of the side missions. I'm sad it's over...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Main story IS shorter: only 69 missions. But the replay ability for gold, plus the amount of time some heists take (the sea approach for the second heist took me an AGE) does balance it - plus of course all those side missions.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Main story IS shorter: only 69 missions. But the replay ability for gold, plus the amount of time some heists take (the sea approach for the second heist took me an AGE) does balance it - plus of course all those side missions.
    I meant time-wise. A lot of missions do seem to take longer in this one, especially if you have to travel, but it seems like the older games just had more play time on them before I beat them... maybe I'll play through San Andreas again and just do the story to see how long it takes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Whoever thought the third mission with Dom was a good idea is a fucking moron. Landing on that truck was way more difficult than it should have been. It also didn't help that the driver was driving like an idiotic prick. Hell, there were times when I even landed on the back on the truck, but because the driver was crashing into someone, it'd throw me off and not count the landing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just reached the ending of the game and I have to say that, along with LA Noire, this is Rockstars finest acheivement. A really great game. It's very long, very epic, very big, and I could have kept going through missions without getting tired of it for quite a bit longer. In the past I had struggled to complete or even motivate myself to push through, rockstar games like GTA 4 and others. This really nailed it. What it lacked in terms of depth and significance that Bioshock has, it often made up for in detail and sheer craftsman ship. It's an excellent and ambitious game that exceeds it's own daunting hype. Good stuff.

I still have a shitload of collectables to find and GTA Online doesn't start for another week. So color me impressed with the main plot done with.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just finished it. Trevor might be one of the most entertaining characters I've ever played. Seriously. Some of the things in this game that he does, like the train heist, is amazingly badass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm finally getting into the flow of things. Just played for like 6 hours, getting through all the initial Trevor missions+sidequests and the reunion at Mike's place. Hopefully be the end of tomorrow I'll have finished the second heist

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trevor reminds me of Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. GTAV has awesome writing and performances (voice and mocap) all around, but Trevor in particular stands completely on his own. I'm deeply impressed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Trevor reminds me of Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. GTAV has awesome writing and performances (voice and mocap) all around, but Trevor in particular stands completely on his own. I'm deeply impressed.
    He reminds me of Jack Nicholson in the Shining, not just in the actions and dialogue but looks too. I wonder if it was an inspiration.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    He reminds me of Jack Nicholson in the Shining, not just in the actions and dialogue but looks too. I wonder if it was an inspiration.
    Actually the characters were all modeled after their voice actors, and they did their motion-capture performances while they did their dialogue so the body language translated perfectly through their characters

I kind of wish they had a couple of celebrity cameos though. This game has been on EVERYONES radar for so long, I think they could have afforded to take a few million out of their advertising budget and cast a few recognizable people just for shits and giggles. Vice City and San Andreas were LOADED with guest appearances and even main characters voiced by A- and B-list actors and musicians.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 09-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've been saying that Trevor is Jack Nicholson channelling Heath Ledger's Joker performance.