Page 179 of 216 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 6452

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Thats what I assumed. Similar to the "HIS" remixes off Fixed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so i was standing in line yesterday for aragon show #3 and a guy said something about the down in it video had been shot in the alleyway between CTA and aragon (literally the other side of the wall i was leaning against for many hours this weekend). can anyone confirm this? and i apologize if this has been discussed before.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    so i was standing in line yesterday for aragon show #3 and a guy said something about the down in it video had been shot in the alleyway between CTA and aragon (literally the other side of the wall i was leaning against for many hours this weekend). can anyone confirm this? and i apologize if this has been discussed before.
    Not sure of the exact location, but ninwiki says it was shot in downtown Chicago. Might very well have been close to where you were.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever gave his thoughts on the Tetsuo theme he made?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Has Trent ever gave his thoughts on the Tetsuo theme he made?
    The fact that on nin.com/discography it does not have a little customized message like many others in the list, might indicate a level of appreciation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    I can't remember exactly where it is, but this is a great video about the filming and the small controversy that happened surrounding it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I can't remember exactly where it is, but this is a great video about the filming and the small controversy that happened surrounding it.
    "This is trent reznor, a man with a flair for wearing jewelry in his nose, and total disregard to what the police has to go through, everyday of their lives."

That is wonderful

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    "This is trent reznor, a man with a flair for wearing jewelry in his nose, and total disregard to what the police has to go through, everyday of their lives."

That is wonderful
    What always gets me is 'more like Nine Inch Noise' from a guy that looks like he listens to Metallica!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

That is wonderful
    I love how they try to blame the band and directors for the FBI wasting their time, like it was somehow their fault. As if they meant to trick them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Edit: Nevermind! A special thank you to the one who helped me!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-09-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm guessing it's not on NINlive because it's an official recording.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm guessing it's not on NINlive because it's an official recording.
    Right, but that wasn't going to stop me from looking. *shrug*

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I would suggest getting something like JDownloader and ripping the YouTube video.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I would suggest getting something like JDownloader and ripping the YouTube video.
    I feel like this isn't going anywhere, hah. I know I CAN do those things. I'm not opposed to DOING it...but...if some kind of PM would appear in my inbox, that could certainly expedite the process. I'm just throwing out the line.

I wouldn't dream of ripping off NIN for the money they could make from me for the Tension 2013 blu-ray we totally got 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Above and beyond! Y’all are awesome, thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    According to these, here you will find NIN show in Mexico city starting at 2120 central time.

right now TNR playing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Deleted video.
    Then again it's not really relevant anymore, just like this post

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Guys, who did that upbeat af cover of Head Like a Hole? You know the one, it's really 80's, really fun, got trumpets or whathaveya, but it's not a parody like Weird Al. HLAH seems like the most covered NIN song ever, but I can't find this one.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Guys, who did that upbeat af cover of Head Like a Hole? You know the one, it's really 80's, really fun, got trumpets or whathaveya, but it's not a parody like Weird Al. HLAH seems like the most covered NIN song ever, but I can't find this one.
    Are you referring to Devo's cover?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Were Fixed and Further Down The Spiral mistaken to be actual albums a bit more than I thought?

I have sometimes read and heard that there were new fans getting into Nine Inch Nails at the time, long before The Fragile came out that thought that those were the actual releases instead of Broken and The Downward Spiral. It's understandable though, as the Internet wasn't the way it was now, but I have read stories about those two releases being mistaken for actual albums until they were listened to, and haven't really seen that happen to any other remix albums ever since, which also makes sense, because by the time The Fragile came out, Google came out in late 1998 and was already huge by the early 2000s, and Wikipedia came out in very early 2001.

I was just reminded because I recall fans admitting that they thought Fixed and Further Down The Spiral were actual albums back in the day until they actual sat down and listened to them, when music wasn't anywhere near as accessible on the Internet, or even accessible to begin with at all back then.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Were Fixed and Further Down The Spiral ...
    You noticed that TDS, Fragile, With Teeth etc. have no track titles visible on the outside, right? It's gotta be the reason people sort of preferred the recordings they had some information about. I mean, imagine going into the music shop in 90s, and choosing between the CD that you have no idea what's on it and the CD that clearly lists the contents. And i've never seen a TDS packaging with an advertisement such as "Includes Closer, March of the pigs and Hurt" - no, the customer is completely in the dark, except if they stumbled upon a review in a magazine or just word of mouth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if Trent has ever commented on his contributions to the first two Jakalope albums?

Despite the fairly savage opinions voiced on ETS from time to time, I quite enjoyed these (especially It Dreams). Not high art by any means, but quite a few hooks that have stood the test of time for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Were Fixed and Further Down The Spiral mistaken to be actual albums a bit more than I thought?

I have sometimes read and heard that there were new fans getting into Nine Inch Nails at the time, long before The Fragile came out that thought that those were the actual releases instead of Broken and The Downward Spiral. It's understandable though, as the Internet wasn't the way it was now, but I have read stories about those two releases being mistaken for actual albums until they were listened to, and haven't really seen that happen to any other remix albums ever since, which also makes sense, because by the time The Fragile came out, Google came out in late 1998 and was already huge by the early 2000s, and Wikipedia came out in very early 2001.

I was just reminded because I recall fans admitting that they thought Fixed and Further Down The Spiral were actual albums back in the day until they actual sat down and listened to them, when music wasn't anywhere near as accessible on the Internet, or even accessible to begin with at all back then.
    The first NIN release I got was Further Down The Spiral, got it from a friend in a trade. I'm not sure I realized it was a remix album at first, as I didn't understand the concept. And yeah, since the interest wasn't really a thing for me until a few years later, I had no way of finding out who the people were that were named in the credits to put the pieces together. I still think those remixes of Mr. Self Destruct are some of the best TDS era remixes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I got my first copy of TDS from a pawn shop and it was just the jewel case so no booklet, and besides Closer and MOTP I dint know what the song titles were for the first few months.

Ahhh the simple times before teh interweb.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm 100% sure I've asked this before, and 100% sure I've forgotten the answer. Was this mashup one that someone on the crew did specifically for this show? I've found several versions, but none of them sound quite the same as this.

Also, every time I see this I manage to forget how fucking funny it is to see shit flying at the start of Physical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hope this is the right place to ask this! I am looking for the original footage from Lights in the Sky 2008 that was used to create The Gift. I've read that it was about 450 gb of raw footage, but every single link I have found has been dead. I want it for editing practice and just because its an awesome piece of NIN history. If anybody can send me the footage or help me find it I would be eternally greatfull!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These are the original torrents:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201206300...ria_BC.torrent
    http://web.archive.org/web/201108090...and_OR.torrent
    http://web.archive.org/web/201206300...nto_CA.torrent

But there is only a single tracker, tracker.nin.com, and that appears to be down.

(Found through http://web.archive.org/web/200902101....php?52,378166 )

(Don't forget to Digg it!: http://digg.com/music/NIN_releases_4...t_footage_via_ torrents )

Here's the google results for various torrent mirrors and people talking about them:
    https://www.google.com/search?q="Nin...5_Victoria_BC"
    https://www.google.com/search?q="Nin...7_Portland_OR"
    https://www.google.com/search?q="Nin...Sacramento_CA"

Also missing is the raw footage from the Las Vegas, which the TOIOU people said they would release after they finished editing, but never did. Unfortunately, the proof they ever said that was lost with the old ETS.
    Last edited by Shit Mirror; 12-27-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Feel free to point me to any current discussions about this, but what chance is there of a new live album coming out of the 2018 shows?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    There's a chance a live album or even Blu-ray release will be announced, yes! Only never to be released or even mentioned again. Exciting!