Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m immunocompromised so having to go into work this past week for three days in a room with eight other people and despite lots of company rhetoric about safety and precautions; wasn’t fun. I was one of two people that really practice the CDC suggestions. Lunch was provided all three days from a greasy sandwich place I don’t like but I wouldn’t have eaten it anyway because people were reaching into the bag without a care, grabbing appetizers and sandwiches. Where was that bag? How many people touched it? You can’t really disinfect the paper bags everything came in nor the big paper bag it all was in. I was always afraid to have a question because on at least four occasions, someone came right up next to me to see what I was stuck on.

That ended Thursday and now I’m working from home again but my anxiety is at a critical level and probably will be for the next 6 days; hoping I don’t get the virus because that’ll be a rap if I do.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-28-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m immunocompromised so having to go into work this past week for three days in a room with eight other people and despite lots of company rhetoric about safety and precautions wasn’t fun. I was one of two people that really practice the CDC suggestions. Lunch was provided all three days from a greasy sandwich place I don’t like but I wouldn’t have eaten it anyway because people were reaching into the bag without a care, grabbing appetizers and sandwiches. Where was that bag? How many people touched it? You can’t really disinfect the paper bags everything came in nor the big paper bag it all was in. I was always afraid to have a question because on at least four occasions, someone came right up next to me to see what I was stuck on.

That ended Thursday and now I’m working from home again but my anxiety is at a critical level and probably will be for the next 6 days; hoping I don’t get the virus because that’ll be a rap if I do.
    Hang in there. I'm immune compromised too. Fortunately it turns out I pulled the plug on working last summer. I never ate at work in a group setting especially potluck type stuff. Take care.