Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I've always heard how bad it is to capture IEM recordings, but I've never heard why. I respect it as something that I don't know enough about, but could anyone tell me what makes it so wrong?
    For IEMs, the biggest issue is that it's an internal sound feed meant for a specific band member only. The mix is not what you hear coming out of the PA; certain elements may be over or under emphasized depending on that band member's requirements. There may be internal production chatter. There may be a click track. In short, it's not something that's meant to be heard by the general public and is not a flattering representation of the performance.

ALDs, on the other hand, is there a stigma associated with those? Unlike IEMs, ALDs are intended to be heard by the audience. So, I'm not sure if there's a problem with recording and sharing those. I haven't heard many of them, but one I can recall was not very impressive quality.

Edit: I listened to a few ALDs on Dime, and they can sound pretty good, if a bit dry. I think a lot of it is dependent on the venue's transmission quality and your device's reception, so it can be a crap shoot.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    For IEMs, the biggest issue is that it's an internal sound feed meant for a specific band member only. The mix is not what you hear coming out of the PA; certain elements may be over or under emphasized depending on that band member's requirements. There may be internal production chatter. There may be a click track. In short, it's not something that's meant to be heard by the general public and is not a flattering representation of the performance.

ALDs, on the other hand, is there a stigma associated with those? Unlike IEMs, ALDs are intended to be heard by the audience. So, I'm not sure if there's a problem with recording and sharing those. I haven't heard many of them, but one I can recall was not very impressive quality.

Edit: I listened to a few ALDs on Dime, and they can sound pretty good, if a bit dry. I think a lot of it is dependent on the venue's transmission quality and your device's reception, so it can be a crap shoot.
    The Issue with ALD recordings is unless your a taper with a disability and need the ALD for the concert to actually hear it your taking a device that may be needed for a person with a disability and if they don't have enough devices you are therefore denying someone with a disability the opportunity to hear the show they paid for by using a device they need but you took to bootleg a show its a moral issue and one most people should realize is wrong.