Thread: The Netflix Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Woodstock documentary did my head in.

The guys behind it denying there was any drastic problem and blaming the wrong people and then having no one to point that out to them (particularly the documentary makers) … it just baffles me the ignorance and apathy on display.

Really left a sour taste in my mouth. Ugh.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Started watching Peaky Blinders. Anyone else seen it?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yep, the whole thing. Parts can definitely drag a bit but it’s more than worth it to stick with it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yep, the whole thing. Parts can definitely drag a bit but it’s more than worth it to stick with it.
    The music!! I'm waiting for NIN to start playing!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I really enjoyed that one. Binged it about two years ago and then waited for the final season. I miss it but glad they ended it rather than drag on much more. The cast was amazing.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    The Woodstock documentary did my head in.

The guys behind it denying there was any drastic problem and blaming the wrong people and then having no one to point that out to them (particularly the documentary makers) … it just baffles me the ignorance and apathy on display.

Really left a sour taste in my mouth. Ugh.
    The series ended with an interview of Michael Lang and then text saying he died 2 or 3 months later. In this context, who gives a shit? This documentary is full of "bias" or trying to sweep things under the rug.

I've worked many festivals and the garbage all over the grounds reeks of someone trying to save money and pass off the buck, which means volunteers. Not too hard to see why they didn't pick up the grounds.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The series ended with an interview of Michael Lang and then text saying he died 2 or 3 months later. In this context, who gives a shit? This documentary is full of "bias" or trying to sweep things under the rug.

I've worked many festivals and the garbage all over the grounds reeks of someone trying to save money and pass off the buck, which means volunteers. Not too hard to see why they didn't pick up the grounds.
    They laid the blame wholly on the contractors they sold the service rights to; because "this is a for-profit event". As they did with food services and price gouging.
    This was all the "adult"/professional organizers fault.

When you don't take care of peoples needs (and reasonable wants), bad things will always happen as a result. And then you add in intoxicants and heat. After you've made them angry with prices...

But also, I look at this and see what's happened during COVID-time and think; "yeah, this was predictable... the people who were in their 20s are in their 40s now and uh... yeah"