Page 312 of 485 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,360 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Interesting. I'm a huge Cole fan. He's such a good heel!
    Totally. He's such a dick but we love him for it. Adam Cole bay-bay!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I thought it was a joke, but Linda McMahon was chosen by Trump for his cabinet...

She couldn't "buy" her way in with the WWE money, but all the Wrestlemanias they held at trump Plaza finally paid off...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sanity are one of my new favorite groups right now. I love crazy gimmicks like these. Also their theme is fucking awesome. Do they have any merch yet?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    They REALLY need to take the cheesy laugh out of that theme song, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Damn. If they still had it to where you could download your music on a gaming system, because my guys entrance theme would be Scarecrow by Ministry. His finisher would be the Dragon Screw Neckwhip. Also I hope I could use it but his name would be the Leviathan. Sorry Batista.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Roman Reigns was voted the #1 wrestler of 2016 in the PWI 500?

AHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

http://www.profightdb.com/pwi-500/2016.html

What an absolute joke that list has become. My respect for PWI is now completely dead and gone.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Roman Reigns was voted the #1 wrestler of 2016 in the PWI 500?

AHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

http://www.profightdb.com/pwi-500/2016.html

What an absolute joke that list has become. My respect for PWI is now completely dead and gone.
    I stopped taking PWI seriously a long time ago. They're a bunch of WWE sheep. After all, didn't they give Rookie of the Year award prizes to Erik Watts and David Otunga?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What a joke. You get forced into a spot, get mixed bit mostly negative reactions, and get wrestler of the year. Bullshit. That should be AJ.

In January, alone, he wrestled a match of the year candidate against Nakamura, then in the same month debuts in the rumble. Has a classic with Cena and wins. Wins the title in less than a year. And is already a top guy. THAT'S WRESTLER OF THE YEAR!

Not the guy who McMahon is persistent on making a star even after the fans reject him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    What a joke. You get forced into a spot, get mixed bit mostly negative reactions, and get wrestler of the year. Bullshit. That should be AJ.

In January, alone, he wrestled a match of the year candidate against Nakamura, then in the same month debuts in the rumble. Has a classic with Cena and wins. Wins the title in less than a year. And is already a top guy. THAT'S WRESTLER OF THE YEAR!

Not the guy who McMahon is persistent on making a star even after the fans reject him.
    Agreed or do something completely insane and win the people over unexpectedly like Broken Matt Hardy. Him and AJ Styles deserve to be wrestler of the year. Not the Samoan Sissy who couldn't get over.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They're a bunch of WWE sheep.
    Agree 100%, as evidenced by the fact that not one TNA guy is in the their top ten this year. Lashley dominated for six months and held ALL THREE singles titles at one point, and he's barely in the top 25.

Kenny Omega took over the Bullet Club, won the IWGP Intercontinental title and was the first Western wrestler to win the G-1 Climax, and you put Chris fuckin' Jericho higher than him? What the fuck did Jericho do this year, besides lick Owens' balls and go over AJ in some bullshit WM match? Sheamus held the WWE title for three weeks and he's number 17??

And fucking John Cena. What did that guy do this year to earn the number 10 spot? He took time off twice for surgery and movies and lost every high-profile PPV match he wrestled when he was around. And he's one of the top 10?

An absolute fucking joke, lol. It's like the MTV music awards, WWE-style.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    @NYRexall -you're so fucking right on. PWI is pretty much toilet paper for real wrestling fans. And now for our enjoyment....BOTCHAMANIA!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    @NYRexall -you're so fucking right on. PWI is pretty much toilet paper for real wrestling fans. And now for our enjoyment....BOTCHAMANIA!!!

I make my unofficial debut in this episode!! When the kid attempts the flip off the balcony and crashes and burns, you can see me standing there watching with my black hoodie that says "Straight edge"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Agree 100%, as evidenced by the fact that not one TNA guy is in the their top ten this year. Lashley dominated for six months and held ALL THREE singles titles at one point, and he's barely in the top 25.

Kenny Omega took over the Bullet Club, won the IWGP Intercontinental title and was the first Western wrestler to win the G-1 Climax, and you put Chris fuckin' Jericho higher than him? What the fuck did Jericho do this year, besides lick Owens' balls and go over AJ in some bullshit WM match? Sheamus held the WWE title for three weeks and he's number 17??

And fucking John Cena. What did that guy do this year to earn the number 10 spot? He took time off twice for surgery and movies and lost every high-profile PPV match he wrestled when he was around. And he's one of the top 10?

An absolute fucking joke, lol. It's like the MTV music awards, WWE-style.
    To be fair, Jericho has had the best run he's had in awhile this year. He's easily in the top 5 for me. My top five would probably look like:

1: AJ Styles
    2: Samoa Joe
    3: Kenny Omega
    4: Nakamura
    5: Matt Hardy

Jericho would be number 6.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hasn't won any titles. But he's getting lists and phrases over. Just massive over. Rejuvenated his career almost as much as Hardy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Crybotch over Broken Matt Hardy and Kyle O'Reilly? The PWI is shit....

For me,

1. Broken Matt Hardy
    2. AJ Styles
    3. Nakamura
    4. Adam Cole
    5. Jay Lethal

Honorable Mentions: Finn Balor, Kyle O'Reilly, Kenny Omega, the Monster Matanza, and Kevin Owens.

I just read the women's list which has Charlotte at #1 and ugh.... Allbotcheverything at #50.....

For the women,

1. Sasha Banks
    2. Becky Lynch
    3. Charlotte
    4. Asuka
    5. Bayley

Honorable Mentions: Alexa Bliss, Taeler Hendryx, Kelly Klein, and Mickie James.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    From what I gather, PWI is based off of wins and losses for that year.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    AJ Styles is #1, no doubt about that

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    AJ Styles is #1, no doubt about that
    There's no way anyone can dispute that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    There's no way anyone can dispute that.
    Unless you're Meek-mahan.

OK, tag teams of the year:

1. The Young Bucks
    2. the Broken Hardys
    3. War Machine
    4. American Alpha
    5. the Revival

Honorable mentions: reDragon, Motor City Machine Guns, the Briscoes, the Addiction, & Slater/Rhyno

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If we're talking best tag team, it's the revival. These guys are just that good.

Best woman is probably Charlotte. She's come a long way since her call up. Her ring work is pretty legit as well. Plus, imo, she's the top legitimate heel on raw.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I would include The New Day, because it's long reign and the fact that they are going to surpass Demolition's tag reign.

I like "American Alpha" a lot, but i think they will be the tag team of 2017, this year was their launch.

I hope they don't ruin "The Revival", those guys are awesome.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-12-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The New Day gave gotten stale for me. And judging by the crowds, I'm not the only one. They might not even be top 5 this year.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Men:

01 AJ Styles
    02 Kevin Owens
    03 Jay Lethal
    04 Kenny Omega
    05 Samoa Joe
    06 Adam Cole
    07 Nakamura
    08 Chris Jericho
    09 Matt Hardy
    10 Kyle O'Reilly

Women:

01 Sasha Banks
    02 Asuka
    03 Alexa Bliss
    04 Bayley
    05 Candice LaRae
    06 Becky Lynch
    07 Charlotte
    08 Sienna
    09 Ember Moon
    10 Veda Scott

Tag Teams:

01 Young Bucks
    02 New Day
    03 Broken Hardys
    04 American Alpha
    05 DIY
    06 Addiction
    07 reDragon
    08 Revival
    09 TM61
    10 MCMG

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    If we're talking best tag team, it's the revival. These guys are just that good.

Best woman is probably Charlotte. She's come a long way since her call up. Her ring work is pretty legit as well. Plus, imo, she's the top legitimate heel on raw.
    What? Charlotte botches constantly. Her promos leave a lot to be desired too.

The Revival are pretty good.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-12-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    What? Charlotte botches constantly. Her promos leave a lot to be desired too.

The Revival are pretty good.
    She's built as the top heel. She's the most consistent heel on the main roster aside from Miz. She can botch sometimes. But, as a heel, she's at the top.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The New Day gave gotten stale for me. And judging by the crowds, I'm not the only one. They might not even be top 5 this year.
    Im already bored with The New Day too, but they are still over and i would include them just for the "record part", but im sure they'll break up next year (and it will be for the good)

DIY is another tag team to watch on 2017...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have a feeling DIY is transitional... I see them dropping the belts to the authors and getting called up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Goldberg isn't winning the rumble. It's going to set up a Lesnar rematch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cena return and win the rumble. Then beat AJ at mania, get his win back, and get his 16 (probably his last).

Edit: forgot about Taker. Cena won't win the rumble.
    Last edited by Piko; 12-12-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope it's Cena/Taker, that's the money match and i don't want to see Styles jobbing to Cena at WM.
    I don't think that Goldburg will win the RR', but anything's possible in WWE and now that the Elimination Chamber is back it's going to make the Rumble almost meaningless...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty solid show so far tonight. We just got a return/heel turn from Neville.