Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    David Bowie's Earthling album is actually as good as he was claiming it was when it came out... crank 7 Years in Tibet and tell me I'm wrong. When the chorus kicks in on that song it's just amazing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    David Bowie's Earthling album is actually as good as he was claiming it was when it came out... crank 7 Years in Tibet and tell me I'm wrong. When the chorus kicks in on that song it's just amazing.
    I only knew "Space Oddity", but the 50th birthday concert and special on Muchmusic hooked me. If you can get your hands on that in either video/audio form, get on it. The second chorus of "Tibet"...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I only knew "Space Oddity", but the 50th birthday concert and special on Muchmusic hooked me. If you can get your hands on that in either video/audio form, get on it. The second chorus of "Tibet"...
    That whole 50th birthday concert just WINS

And yeah, 7 years in tibet, that "I PRAISE TO YOU, nothing ever goes away" is one of the greatest musical moments ever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Hell yeah, it's great. I love it. It's definitely a window into late 90's/early 2000's drum 'n bass, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Carina Round is awesome; I reckon no one paid attention to their recent album because there's very little low-brow humor in it.
    Carina Round is great, I just wish she had attached herself to a project that was more interesting to me than Puscifer.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yep. It's not like every track is about dick and pussy jokes. There's some truly beautiful Puscifer tracks in my opinion. I can understand if some of the humor associated with the band isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the music itself is pretty solid for the most part, and that's where my focus goes first and foremost. That's why the idea that nobody would care about it if MJK wasn't at the helm doesn't ring true to me. If the music was that bad, and it just came across as some sort of vanity project, it would be much easier for people in general to dismiss it.
    Let's be honest with ourselves here. If Maynard wanted to be taken seriously, maybe he shouldn't have albums with names like ""V" is for Vagina," "Donkey Punch the Night," or "Money Shot." And we shouldn't forget: the remix album, "Money Shot: Your Re-load." These are sub-Bloodhound Gang levels for naming your album.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    Let's be honest with ourselves here. If Maynard wanted to be taken seriously, maybe he shouldn't have albums with names like ""V" is for Vagina," "Donkey Punch the Night," or "Money Shot." And we shouldn't forget: the remix album, "Money Shot: Your Re-load." These are sub-Bloodhound Gang levels for naming your album.
    Eh, the titles are the titles. If you can't look past them and focus on the actual music, that's on you.