Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
I did a side-by-side comparison today and couldn't tell a noticeable difference. Maybe the new disc is louder, but they sound pretty much the same, to my ears. If the anniversary edition didn't include the bonus disc with b-sides, I wouldn't have bothered getting it and just stuck with the original CD. I have the 1998 disc uploaded onto my i-tunes/i-pod and am just going to leave it.

Honestly, for most albums, is it even worth remastering albums released after say, 1994? Some CDs issued in the 80's/early 90's do sound thin, and the remasters were a big improvement, i.e. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc. But can you really improve upon the sound quality of a CD issued in 1998 all that much?

Some of the b-sides here are quite good, so this was still a worthwhile purchase. I really like:
I was/am a big fan of the B-Side, Lick the Pavement from this era. Though, I did find the B-Sides for the first record to be stronger than those from the second (does it really get any better than Butterfly Collector?). I collected those slim case singles back in the day, and have quite the Garbage Collection.

I agree 100% that any remaster of something form the 90s isn't going to be that huge of a step up from the original master, especially if Butch Vig was in that band. I am just excited to finally have this in my vinyl collection. I didn't have the original pressing of this or the first record, so it is sweet to have them both.