Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alessandro Cortini And Merzbow

https://www.discogs.com/Alessandro-C...master/1180521 Holy FUCKING SHIT I never knew this existed until just now while I was browsing the Merzbow website ... holy fuck. I wonder how this even happened, what inspired them to meet up and work on an album together. The important records website seems to be down atm so I can't link to the label page directly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A great album filled with that EMS Synthi, but every collaboration Cortini works on doesn’t need its own thread. There is already a catch-all Cortini projects thread.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Coming Soon via Imprec Records:

Alessandro Cortini + Lawrence English

“Imediate Horizons” LP

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    A great album filled with that EMS Synthi, but every collaboration Cortini works on doesn’t need its own thread. There is already a catch-all Cortini projects thread.
    also, don't interact with the transphobic a-hole that started this thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    And now further delayed until August 24th. At least I can download the files now, but isn't the CD available already elsewhere?
    On Friday it finally arrived. I don't know why it took so long, but it's a great album. Pleasure delay...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Could anyone please hook me up with the cd-only bonus track? Figured I would have stumbled upon it by now but I guess not.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Could anyone please hook me up with the cd-only bonus track? Figured I would have stumbled upon it by now but I guess not.
    Figured it would've popped up somewhere by now. If someone has it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have a 320 mp3. I don't really want to turn on my shitty laptop to upload the Wav file. If you want what I have PM me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone know who sings backing vocals on Houdini? Sounds like Wes Borland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's Jonathan Bates of Big Black Delta/Mellowdrone! Definitely check out his music if you haven't heard of him; his projects are both great. It's interesting you're hearing Wes Borland though; that never would've occurred to me, but now that you mention it, I can totally see (hear?) it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Jonathan Bates from Big Black Delta

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    That's Jonathan Bates of Big Black Delta/Mellowdrone! Definitely check out his music if you haven't heard of him; his projects are both great. It's interesting you're hearing Wes Borland though; that never would've occurred to me, but now that you mention it, I can totally see (hear?) it.
    Cool, I've actually listened to a bunch of BBD, but I guess not enough to pick out his voice. Haven't heard any Mellowdrone though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool, I've actually listened to a bunch of BBD, but I guess not enough to pick out his voice. Haven't heard any Mellowdrone though.
    I mean, to be fair, his voice is so distorted/reverbed in most BBD songs so I don't blame you. xD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone see this come out today.

Immediate Horizon by Alessandro Cortini & Lawrence English https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/im...zon/1441276838

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Anyone see this come out today.

Immediate Horizon by Alessandro Cortini & Lawrence English https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/im...zon/1441276838
    I've had the vinyl for a few weeks now. It's really good.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My Alessandro vinyl collection

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Alessandro Cortini on 45

This mix exclusively features only the music of Italian artist and musician Alessandro Cortini and a little drum machine. The mix was created entirely live using Native Instruments Traktor and Traktor Kontrol S2 and nothing else. What you hear is what happened in real time.

Also: Alessandro might be playing in Metz (FR) next January according to this site (unconfirmed). Also, take this with a grain of salt but last month I was in a bar in Berlin and I've overheard two people talking about a possible Cortini's gig in Berlin next spring (around March-May, I can't remember). We'll see

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone here have physical copies of Blue, Red and/or Scientist that they would consider parting with (ideally in M/NM condition)? I've been monitoring eBay and discogs for months to no avail.

I still refuse to believe that they are so scarce that the triple-digit prices I've seen for the Japanese CDs make any sense whatsoever, but perhaps I'm mistaken...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Does anyone here have physical copies of Blue, Red and/or Scientist that they would consider parting with (ideally in M/NM condition)? I've been monitoring eBay and discogs for months to no avail.

I still refuse to believe that they are so scarce that the triple-digit prices I've seen for the Japanese CDs make any sense whatsoever, but perhaps I'm mistaken...
    I think I have both Red and Blue. Not sure about the condition. Where are you seeing them going for crazy prices? Looks like Red just sold on eBay for next to nothing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I think I have both Red and Blue. Not sure about the condition. Where are you seeing them going for crazy prices? Looks like Red just sold on eBay for next to nothing.
    Weird, I guess my eBay search alerts are either not working or overly-specific.

There was a copy of the Japanese edition of Blue listed on Discogs for ~$150, but it looks as if it's been pulled rather than sold at that price.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Weird, I guess my eBay search alerts are either not working or overly-specific.

There was a copy of the Japanese edition of Blue listed on Discogs for ~$150, but it looks as if it's been pulled rather than sold at that price.
    I'll PM you when I find them. Are you also interested in the SuONOIO synth?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Awesome, thanks for checking. Possibly interested in the synth, though admittedly I say that without knowing what he originally charged.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I definitely want that synth if they don't. Hit me up

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Alessandro and Mark Verbos debuted a new 35-minutes performance tonight at Berlin's Kraftwerk.

Quite different from all his studio stuff, but somewhat closer to Immediate Horizon released with Lawrence English in terms of noisiness and sounds that were used.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    New record announced "Volume Massimo" due out in September. Two different colored vinyl options. One regular and one Bleep exclusive.

https://smarturl.it/volumemassimo

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a comment from months ago, but HOLY SHIT. You just helped me solve a mystery that has been bugging me since like 2010.

A friend of mine gave me a burned CD they thought I would like back in high school in maybe 2003-4? It was a Mellowdrone CD (A Demonstration of Intellectual Property) and I played the crap out of it for a month until my CD case was stolen out of my car. I forgot the name of the artist/album, lost touch with that friend etc so I had no way to trigger my memory to buy a copy and forgot about it.

Then about a decade ago I remembered some of those songs out of nowhere, and was desperate to get a copy of whatever it was. But I could only remember bits and pieces of lyrics, so my google searches were coming up with nada. It's bugged me for YEARS that I couldn't remember the name of the artist or album that I loved so dearly for a month in high school, but as soon as you said "Mellowdrone" it clicked in my head and I went "OH SHIT SON, THAT'S THE ONE". Sure enough, as soon as I googled it all the song names came rushing back. Now I have it in my Amazon cart and I am so stupidly happy right now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by SchwarzerAbt; 07-03-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: + t

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

This song gives me SONOIO vibes sans vocals

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The new single is absolutely epic. I also think it has some SONOIO vibes, or maybe it's the song structure that could work very well with vocals too.

Anyone else in Berlin for the live debut next week?