Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    So December 29th? Single on December 22nd?
    I don't see the EP coming out, but a single is possible. At the very least, we may get an update about the EP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't see the EP coming out, but a single is possible. At the very least, we may get an update about the EP.
    Is there something significant about the 29th? Was something said or is this just a guess?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Is there something significant about the 29th? Was something said or is this just a guess?
    Guessing because it is the last friday of the year.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I don't get why people are so convinced that it's coming out this month. It's only been 5 months since Add Violence came out. The man said "6-8 months." Even the end of January seems optimistic to me...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't get why people are so convinced that it's coming out this month. It's only been 5 months since Add Violence came out. The man said "6-8 months." Even the end of January seems optimistic to me...
    My guess is his quote in Rolling Stone about two projects in 2017

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I keep wondering if Houston will get a suprise.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    My guess is his quote in Rolling Stone about two projects in 2017
    Yeah, but that quote is a year old. The 6-8 month quote I mentioned is only six months old. I think it's likely that their score work and/or the impromptu 2017 mini-tour pushed their timeline back a few months. It certainly wouldn't be the first time he announced something that didn't come out when he originally planned.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-13-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Whenever it comes out, it will be nice if the vinyl and Cd comes out the same day and not 3-10 months later

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't get why people are so convinced that it's coming out this month.
    Probably because Not The Actual Events was released in December. Anything is possible, I suppose, but I'm not confident that it'll be out this month.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Honestly don't give much of af about the third EP so much as I just hope we get another original score soon..

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Honestly don't give much of af about the third EP so much as I just hope we get another original score soon..
    We've gotten 3 times the amount of score material (29 songs vs. 10) as we have new NIN songs in the past year. While I am always interested in new score music, I'm MUCH more excited for the 3rd new NIN EP (especially because the first two rock so hard).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    TR is a family man now, as am I. The last thing I would want is a track release which I need (want) to manage and monitor during my, and my kids, Christmas break.

But then again this is Nine Inch Nails, GOD/Christianity is kind of a theme and Xmas is celebrating the birth of GODs son Jesus who's mission was to destroy the effects of SIN.

Wonderful, Pleasurable, and Destructive SIN.
    Last edited by snaapz; 12-14-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    TR is a family man now, as am I. The last thing I would want is a track release which I need (want) to manage and monitor during my, and my kids, Christmas break.

But then again this is Nine Inch Nails, GOD/Christianity is kind of a theme and Xmas is celebrating the birth of GODs son Jesus who's mission was to destroy the effects of SIN.

Wonderful, Pleasurable, and Destructive SIN.
    No.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think the release of the "Lovers" video is all we're getting this month, something for us to chew on. Although it would be cool to hear a new track tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I think the release of the "Lovers" video is all we're getting this month, something for us to chew on. Although it would be cool to hear a new track tomorrow night.
    i think so too, and with the euro festival dates next summer i'd say the 3rd EP won't be out until march or april

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    i think so too, and with the euro festival dates next summer i'd say the 3rd EP won't be out until march or april
    Whoa, I hope not. I'm still expecting something in January.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Whoa, I hope not. I'm still expecting something in January.
    Same here. I think January is the most likely date. Not only because of the timeline originally set but also because the 2018 shows seem to be motivated by the 3rd EP and Trent even mentioned transitioning into a LP after that. So I don't think he'd waste more months solely on the 3rd EP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Same here. I think January is the most likely date. Not only because of the timeline originally set but also because the 2018 shows seem to be motivated by the 3rd EP and Trent even mentioned transitioning into a LP after that. So I don't think he'd waste more months solely on the 3rd EP.
    "waste more months"

I can get what you're grasping at here, but saying that working a month or so more on a project is "wasting" a month just doesn't work for me. Besides, in the music industry that I know of, working for a month on a project isn't that much...especially in the kind of process that I understand Trent and Atticus work with (experimenting with sounds, loops, etc... connecting lyrics already written to tracks of experimentations they feel could fit, etc...)

Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I would be astonished (pleasantly) if that new LP is 2018.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    "waste more months"

I can get what you're grasping at here, but saying that working a month or so more on a project is "wasting" a month just doesn't work for me. Besides, in the music industry that I know of, working for a month on a project isn't that much...especially in the kind of process that I understand Trent and Atticus work with (experimenting with sounds, loops, etc... connecting lyrics already written to tracks of experimentations they feel could fit, etc...)

Just my 2 cents.
    I get you. I don't think "waste" was the right word. I'm just guessing but I have a feeling Trent is keeping to schedule. I'd be surprised if we don't have the EP some time between now and March.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I would be astonished (pleasantly) if that new LP is 2018.
    I have to agree. Three EPs in the span of a little over a year and a tour is enough to make me happy for a while. Like everyone else here, I'd LOVE to get another brand new full-length album's worth of NIN to sink my teeth into this year, but I strongly doubt that's happening. Let's not be greedy. With the more sizable tour that's set to take place in 2018 — and the inevitable unannounced score stuff that they're more than likely going to be working on simultaneously — they're probably not going to have the amount of time it takes to make a truly great NIN album ready for our consumption for a couple of years. I'd rather they take their time and give it the development/gestation time it deserves, rather than rushing a half-baked product out the door. I don't even care if they continue to release small batches of songs in EPs, as long as they maintain the quality they've achieved with NTAE and AV.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I feel like the EP format takes the pressure off Trent and Atticus, and allows them to really focus on great songs...so EP3 in February is going to be an experience.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if soon they delivered their greatest LP ever (since Atticus began his involvement with NIN).

These 2 EPs have restored my love for NIN and what they are capable of.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope we get another track on the 3rd EP with Mariqueen singing backup vocals. I would also love a little Adrian Belew.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I hope we get another track on the 3rd EP with Mariqueen singing backup vocals. I would also love a little Adrian Belew.
    Is Trent cool with Belew? I thought, after he was going to tour with them but then pulled out, that Trent got kind of rankled...
    Am I making this up?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is Trent cool with Belew? I thought, after he was going to tour with them but then pulled out, that Trent got kind of rankled...
    Am I making this up?
    I'm not sure. I remember talk of Adrian touring with them but never heard what happened or why. Pino and Adrian would've been unreal. Nothing against Finck, he's my favorite NIN guitarist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I making this up?
    Belew was going to be a member of the band for the 2013-2014 tour. Based on what he said in interviews a few years back, he was excited about being able to put his own spin on the catalogue, but he dropped out during rehearsals after Trent decided not to change up the live band's sound very much. Neither of them seemed sore about it, though.
    Last edited by fakdoo; 12-18-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakdoo View Post
    Belew was going to be a member of the band for the 2013-2014 tour. Based on what he said in interviews a few years back, he was excited about being able to put his own spin on the catalogue, but he dropped out during rehearsals after Trent decided not to change up the live band's sound very much. Neither of them seemed sore about it, though.
    He certainly sounded sore about it in that extensive back and forth Q & A he had with fans on Facebook.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Am I making this up?
    Maybe I was reading into something that wasn't there, but if I remember right, he (Belew) did seem to be fairly salty about it at first. I feel like he wrote something kind of pissy, took it down shortly after, and then put up something more professional and polite (if my memory serves me well). I bet/hope it's all water under the bridge by now, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I logged in purely today to speculate about the (potential) imminent arrival of the third part of the trilogy

*waiting*