Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's not that strange for a venue's capacity to vary depending on the configuration setup. They'll definitely have to put a barricade up, for one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

I think it will be a tension tour warm up so different set list

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or they might just troll and play HLAH 20 times in a row.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Better that than the Slip in full..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    "Guys.. tonight, it's a special night. After years of work, I'm proud to announce that... we're gonna play Strobe Light in full for the first time ever."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I booked tickets for this show without asking for another day off, I didn't want to jinx anything...

So I bought my Line Manager a coffee and a muffin today then I asked for the day off, it seems to have done the trick! When I told her what it was for she just laughed at me (seriously, she laughed AT me), she must think I'm a total joke! LMAO! I have the BEST line manager! *grin*

I would have been properly fucked and in tears had she said no!

Now I can properly get excited for this! (and grit my teeth and curse at the charges for changing my flight)

8 days to go!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I think it will be a tension tour warm up so different set list
    i expect it's more for continuing festivals, i can't see they'd break the setlist pattern for one show, and as a press event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The venue has an odd config actually... whatever you do don't drink too much before the gig (if you where lucky enough to get a ticket) as the toilets are 2 flights of stairs away, so a wee break during the show will mean it will be impossible to get back to where you were standing. I actually don't like the venue much but I would trade my left nut for a ticket... maybe. ;-) I tried... and like so many failed. I think I have just about recovered from trying...just.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To add insult to injury... Green Day just announced a pre reading/leeds show.... at the 4000 cap. Brixton Academy. I would have far preferred NIN to play there to be honest.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    A weeks notice for anyone who does manage to get a ticket.... OUCH!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Brixton is 6000 but yes

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    "Guys.. tonight, it's a special night. After years of work, I'm proud to announce that... we're gonna play Strobe Light in full for the first time ever."
    I don't think you understand how amazing that would be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is anyone actually planning to head down (or up) to London in the hope of being a plus 1? I understand names are on the tickets for the leading party!?

It would be a 3 hour train trip for me, with, work at 9AM (first train out at 5AM).

The insult to injury would be, missing out twice, however, if I don't take the chance am I kicking myself afterwards...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I imagine you will be one of many.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The only thing that mitigates disappointment at not getting these tickets is knowing they aren't going to ticket touts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll email someone the studio 'Copy of A' to be a plus 1?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i am cutting it so fine i get back from London to Liverpool at 8am and my flight to Belfast is at 10am i hope everything runs smoothly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kinda over the fact that I didn't get tickets. Would have been cool, but I went into it knowing the likelihood of snagging tickets was pretty low. Fingers crossed for a 2014 Brixton date/dates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have a feeling this will be a warm up for Tension too. The site you purchased the tickets from had a not so subtle "Nine Inch Nails: Tension 2013" header.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Kinda over the fact that I didn't get tickets. Would have been cool. Fingers crossed for a 2014 Brixton date/dates.
    ^ My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm sure there will be other dates in London in the future but I still get a little pang of disappointment every time i read this thread.. ah well, at least the proper tension tour tickets won't be such a crap shoot.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    I have a feeling this will be a warm up for Tension too. The site you purchased the tickets from had a not so subtle "Nine Inch Nails: Tension 2013" header.
    I wouldn't hold my breath... the Tension production is scaled for arenas, it's not even going to fit in a club like that. And they wouldn't ship it all the way across the ocean just for a warmup when the tour is in the states...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We should form a Reading and Leeds- couldn't get Scala tickets so I'm not going to let it piss me off group!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think Trent just wanted to play an intimate show for the fans, to try out how certain songs work live and to make everyone who didn't get a ticket jealous enough so they'll buy a ticket the next time NIN plays the UK. Doing a Tension warm-up show, mid-tour in an entirely different setting wouldn't make much sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have no sympathy for the people that are saying 'now i gotta pay to change flights', or 'cutting it close to get back to XXX' ... i live 15 min from Scala and didn't tickets!

I might hang out there for the day (like 10,000 others) and hope for a 'random +1 needed'.

/rant off - i'm just jealous! i know that all the people that make the special exceptions to get to the concert will feel extra special for having pulled it off! Enjoy and i'll be looking for the videos after the show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They don't necessarily need the entire Tension 2013 production to play the same songs they'll be playing for the Tension tour in an intimate club setting though, do they? Seems like a really good idea to me, and the "Surprise!" nature of the announcement gives me hope. Well, not really, because i didn't get tickets, but still..yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bthitman View Post
    I have no sympathy for the people that are saying 'now i gotta pay to change flights', or 'cutting it close to get back to XXX' ... i live 15 min from Scala and didn't tickets!

I might hang out there for the day (like 10,000 others) and hope for a 'random +1 needed'.

/rant off - i'm just jealous! i know that all the people that make the special exceptions to get to the concert will feel extra special for having pulled it off! Enjoy and i'll be looking for the videos after the show.
    I know what you are saying, it must be frustrating to be 15 mins away. It's a shame in a way it's not a touch bigger. It's almost like double the size and we would have all got in (the die hard fans). Something will come along next year or year after. I'm thinking Leeds will be good, the light show looks impressive and a festival feel might be cool. I've always seen NIN in arenas.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    They don't necessarily need the entire Tension 2013 production to play the same songs they'll be playing for the Tension tour in an intimate club setting though, do they?
    Common songs, however, doesn't make it a Tension tour warm-up show... anymore than a common setlist would make it a Wave Goodbye club tour extension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Well then... But does that mean 800 tickets were available or was it less??
    perhaps they limited the capacity for this show to 800 in order to make room for some production? just a thought..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    perhaps they limited the capacity for this show to 800 in order to make room for some production? just a thought..
    If by "production" you mean an iPad screen then sure, because that's basically all you can fit onto that stage.