Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Well in all honestly, at the beginning the show presents itself as an End of the World Post-Apocalyptic show and over time it's slowly revealed itself to not entirely be just that. Ultimately the show has turned more into about what people do to survive trauma and grief. At least that's how I've been absorbing it. The graphic novel that the two main characters wield around the entire series is less important and relevant than the love and commitment that both characters have for it, and the way its words helped them cope with an unthinkable global tragedy.
    Have you seen The Leftovers? I think it's one of the same show runners. THAT one is similar to what you're describing, in a way, in that it starts with millions of people simply vanishing in some unexplained event, but never explains what the event was. Instead, it, well, focuses a lot on "what people.do to survive trauma and grief."
    It's got a bit of surrealism going for it, too.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Have you seen The Leftovers? I think it's one of the same show runners. THAT one is similar to what you're describing, in a way, in that it starts with millions of people simply vanishing in some unexplained event, but never explains what the event was. Instead, it, well, focuses a lot on "what people.do to survive trauma and grief."
    It's got a bit of surrealism going for it, too.
    Dude The Leftovers is one of my absolute favorite shows ever. That show's finale is probably my favorite series finales ever made.