Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I classify heavy differently from everyone else.
    To me heaviness ranges from lyrical content,lasting appeal/relevance of the work, the music itself and the feeling I get when I listen to the music.

To me the two most heaviest albums I've listened to that fits those criteria are from Strapping Young Lad.
    The Albums Alien and the New Black are albums I keep coming back to when I want something heavy.
    Just listen to these last 3 songs from The New Black:

Obviously I'm biased but to me those albums are what work for me. There are many albums and bands that fit the Heavy classification like The Black Dahlia, Catch 33 from Meshuggah, Dillinger escape plan etc.

Edit: I should also mention that the first proper "Heavy" album I listened to that introduced me to other bands was Fear Factory's Demanufacture. A classic album in it's own right, it opened the doors to other heavier and just as heavy bands like Testament, The Big Four, Overkill (Which is one of the hardest working metal bands in this day and is extremely underrated), Old School Sepultura (Arise being my favorite album from them), Death, and many more.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 12-19-2015 at 10:52 AM.