Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Since YZ for me. It doesn’t eclipse YZ because that’s a 5/5 for me.
    Interestingly enough, that's my LEAST favorite Nine Inch Nails album ... haha. It's just not for me. Glad we're both on board about Bad Witch being something special though!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I received an e-mail from the NIN.com shop that my shipment is on its way. Alas, the digital download is still stuck on GBDTD (because I ordered a bundle).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I’m sorting the tracks in Apple and it’s shaping up to be my favorite LP since Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm really also in the camp of "I just wish there was MORE of it". This is such a distinct, expansive sounding record, it feels almost shortchanged by being so brisk. That's the real reason I want to see that combined album actually happen, just so this material is in a format long enough to capture its scope. I'm sure I'll experiment with combining the three myself, but I'm just really not sure how the other albums will fit with this. "Less Than" more than anything else--I may just leave that out of my playlists completely and think of it as a bonus single.

I also agree that going and reworking a bunch of songs that are already great as they are is very likely not how TR and AR want to spend their time, but if they pulled it off it would be pretty thrilling. I'm imagining a dirtier rendition of "This Isn't the Place"" with sax included, and maaaan. Aside from that and a few others ("The Background World" is far too clean-sounding to fit in here), most of the tracks would probably work with some light remixing to fit the more manic, noisy feel.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    so this is weird, guys ... for the first time in over two decades, i'm just like ... i'll get to it when i get to it. i'm in no hurry to hear this, or track a download link, or even go straight for it once i get the official email.

apathy sucks and it's not in my dna, but yet here i am, major shrug in tow.

wtf.
    Same. I'm sitting here thinking "this is my favourite band of all time and I'm borderline obsessed and I'm not jumping at the chance to listen to new NIN. Do I need my head examined?" But, I'm seeing them live in London in a few days, so that's how I justify not listening to the record. I held off listening to God break down the door so i could hear it in the full context of the record. Now that I have the record sitting downloaded to my iPod, I'm saying " meh, I've come this far. What's a couple more days. Wait and see some of these songs live for the first time might be a better experience"
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m really trying to avoid hyperbole here, but fuck my ass (please don’t), this is a great record.

It’s still too early in the game for me to say where I’d rank this in “the trilogy,” or the entire catalogue, for that matter - which I think is a compliment to the whole thing, really. Bad Witch is on par with Trent’s best work, and that’s saying a lot (from me, at least).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Interestingly enough, that's my LEAST favorite Nine Inch Nails album ... haha. It's just not for me. Glad we're both on board about Bad Witch being something special though!
    You know, it's funny. People either love or hate that album. It's one of my favorites, but I know a lot of people that didn't like it. One friend said, "Meh, it sounds just like With Teeth," and I had to just stare at him for awhile because I wasn't sure anymore if he was actually human or an alien robot in disguise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The album really holds it's own to. I mean, it *feels* like a whole in a way that the other two parts of the trilogy only felt like...I don't know, 3/4 of a whole. Does that make sense?

I do want to try to put together a playlist that feels right for all three EP/LPs, but more than the others, this one feels really good on it's own.

PS, have any pictures of the vinyl package surfaced yet? Has anyone even really received them? I am very curious about the packaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since YZ for me. It doesn’t eclipse YZ because that’s a 5/5 for me.
    I tried hard, but YZ just wasn’t for me. Same with With Teeth (although the latter half from Only onward is genius). Hence this trilogy is probably my favorite NIN output since The Fragile!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I listened to the entirety of this trilogy of releases back-to-back yesterday so I could hear it all within the context of one another and it really is a great "whole".

"Add Violence" just edges it for me (the lyrics hit me in a very relatable place at the time) but this is a very good album, too. Shit Mirror probably my favourite track followed by I'm Not From This World. The only song I don't really dig is Ahead of Ourselves but the production of it all sounds incredible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    I saw some posts about the UK store showing it being sold out, I find that interesting. I’m kinda miffed they didn’t pre-notify people about the delay if there is one, especially if it’s limited to the $200 package (my cost after shipping and tax and what not.) kinda bummed it won’t be here on release day since I was really hoping to get my first listen on vinyl, but oh well. Live Nation gave me no details really and actually skipped the question I emailed them (if it would ship to arrive on release date or ship after, specifically) with what I assume was a generic response; basically that they’ll ship the items when they receive them in the warehouse.
    Just received dispatch note this am. looks like deluxe bundle is on its way now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My vinyl shipped on Sunday so hopefully it arrives earlier than Friday

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Really hope I get a shipping notification today. I'm dying to listen to these three works on vinyl. In itself, Bad Witch is amazing. As part of a larger, multi-layered, reality-distorting narrative that appears to tie into earlier works and has yet to be fully explained...

Last edited by Fred; 06-20-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PSA: Don't listen to this album while you fall asleep..
    Last thing I remember hearing was INFTW..
    Woke up in a full on panic-attack, convinced there was SOMETHING watching me sleep. Finally calmed my shit, and fell asleep only to dream about being experimented on by strange, completely black alien creatures.. for the rest of the goddamn night..

1/10

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So two ppl reported receiving vinyl in france, no code working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, Over And Out. Is that a sample (of a sample) from Massive Attack’s Inertia Creeps or is it a new sax line from Trent? I’m can’t decide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Per Discogs, Ian Astbury (The Cult) and Mariqueen are on Shit Mirror: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...lease/12156667
    Hmmm.. I remember Ian saying (2004) in an interview that he had just recorded some stuff for Trent:

"And I finished working on some material with Trent Reznor. That is probably going to see the light of day in 2008 considering what a perfectionist Trent Reznor is."

link: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-...lvet-revolver/

So.. if discogs is correct then maybe this trilogy IS born from pieces of Bleedthrough?

Timing fits in.. Dave Grohl and the very WT sounding The Idea Of You fit right in.
    Last edited by mikeyjt; 06-20-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Over & Out is a stunner. Song of the year to this point.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Do I? Are you sure? I’m not sure.
    NOT ANYMORE

(not since your earliest days)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wonder if the cover art of Bad Witch tells a simplified origin story of the simulation that's clearly a substantial part of the plot of the trilogy. Something like...

Solar flare: Some kind of cataclysmic event, man-made or otherwise.
    Skeleton: The resulting deaths.
    Hand: Authorities telling the survivors what to do - alternately, it could be the Presence.
    Hunched-over man: The survivors submit. Is this possibly Trent from the HLAH video, btw? Sure looks familiar.
    Computer chip: The survivors are going into their simulation machines.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amazon orders started to ship. Check yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received my Bad Witch vinyl!

DgIcpzhXkAEyGBN.jpg:large

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I wonder if the cover art of Bad Witch tells a simplified origin story of the simulation that's clearly a substantial part of the plot of the trilogy. Something like...

Solar flare: Some kind of cataclysmic event, man-made or otherwise.
    Skeleton: The resulting deaths.
    Hand: Authorities telling the survivors what to do - alternately, it could be the Presence.
    Hunched-over man: The survivors submit. Is this possibly Trent from the HLAH video, btw? Sure looks familiar.
    Computer chip: The survivors are going into their simulation machines.
    Are we sure the first image is a solar flare? I always assumed it the a close up on the bottom of a flower petal partially closed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Still no movement in my vinyl shipment. It’s been in “order processing” since the 14th, even though I received not one but TWO shipping emails. What gives?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    My vinyl shipped on Sunday so hopefully it arrives earlier than Friday
    But did it? Or is it like mine where you received the shipping email but if you track it, it hasn’t left yet?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosingFocus View Post
    Are we sure the first image is a solar flare? I always assumed it the a close up on the bottom of a flower petal partially closed.
    We're sure it's meant to depict one; the store page for the Deluxe Bundle calls the image on the slipmat "the solar flare design."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) - Album has leaked, SPOILERS

Hopefully we get some more vinyl pics today. I'd love to confirm credits or any other info. The cover looks amazing, even better as a printed square of doom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only if you’re a neckbeard.
    Sorry but I'm far from a neckbeard (Although in fairness I guess I am a Hairy Member here on these forums). Maybe you like poor story, characters and writing but some people have a higher bar for quality.

Speaking of a higher bar for quality, really a fan of this last session of music from NIN starting with NTAE. Reminds me more of the earlier stuff but is evolved and different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    We're sure it's meant to depict one; the store page for the Deluxe Bundle calls the image on the slipmat "the solar flare design."
    Ah cool. Missed that, thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So is anyone else getting their copy of Bad Witch late? I ordered mine from Amazon since I had a gift card and it won't get here til July 2. I have no idea why, but it reminds me why I stopped buying from them.