Thread: Sekiro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i've had a good 15 hours in this...it is GREAT, BUT i have a feeling i might not ever finish it, not fully anyway.

The battle system is fantasic, as is the stealth, and i find myself stealthing my way round most of the areas...but this is screwing me on bosses as most you can't stealth (some you can to take an easy health bar from them but still need to fight the other bar) but the meat of the game is the parry...and i fucking suck at it! Getting the timing is so precise on bosses it's just hell for me to get right (the spare guy at the beginning area you revisit, wolverine and the guy you chopped off your arm when you re-fight have me utterly stuck!)
    The great thing with Souls and Bloodborne was if you weren't good with the parry you didn't need to use them, you could make a build to play to your strength...you can't in this, you HAVE to get good with the parry...and i'm really struggling! I do love the game, but i might end up getting to a point where i physically can't proceed, and i've seen some of the latter bosses

Also i'm worried about re-playability, the Souls games had great replay value with all the different weapons, but i don't know if this will have that? I'm certainly not feeling like i want to replay it right now (some of these bosses i never want to see again lol) Still a nice change of pace from the other souls games, and something different.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    So i've had a good 15 hours in this...it is GREAT, BUT i have a feeling i might not ever finish it, not fully anyway.

The battle system is fantasic, as is the stealth, and i find myself stealthing my way round most of the areas...but this is screwing me on bosses as most you can't stealth (some you can to take an easy health bar from them but still need to fight the other bar) but the meat of the game is the parry...and i fucking suck at it! Getting the timing is so precise on bosses it's just hell for me to get right (the spare guy at the beginning area you revisit, wolverine and the guy you chopped off your arm when you re-fight have me utterly stuck!)
    The great thing with Souls and Bloodborne was if you weren't good with the parry you didn't need to use them, you could make a build to play to your strength...you can't in this, you HAVE to get good with the parry...and i'm really struggling! I do love the game, but i might end up getting to a point where i physically can't proceed, and i've seen some of the latter bosses

Also i'm worried about re-playability, the Souls games had great replay value with all the different weapons, but i don't know if this will have that? I'm certainly not feeling like i want to replay it right now (some of these bosses i never want to see again lol) Still a nice change of pace from the other souls games, and something different.
    I love this game but I suck at it. I managed to get to Spoiler: the Shinobi Hunter mini boss (which eventually will lead to Lady Butterfly) at the Hirata Estate. I could also start the descent past the Great Serpent. Not sure which route I wanna go.

As for your words on the gameplay, I was atrocious on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (basically only able to beat the game on easy with parry assist) with the parry so it’s no different on this game.

I’ll get as far in Sekiro as I can though!