Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Someone take a Dramamine and get those lyrics transcribed!
    I honestly hate seeing lyrics before I hear the song. Maybe that’s just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I honestly hate seeing lyrics before I hear the song. Maybe that’s just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like reading them while I listen to the song, but seeing lyrics before hearing the song has never bothered me. To each their own.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    https://instagram.com/p/Bey2ZhAhVDx/

Excitement!

Quick! Run to twitter and tag MJK! Tell him how excited you are about "A perfect Circle" he'll be over the moon that someone is talking about something that isn't TOOL! lol.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m amused and excited.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Oh wow. Billy Corgan on the cover?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Manson came out with a new album not to recently. ::scratches head::

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    God I love this new song TalkTalk.

1 Eat The Elephant
    2 Disillusioned
    3 The Contrarian
    4 The Doomed
    5 So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish
    6 TalkTalk
    7 By And Down The River
    8 Delicious
    9 DLB
    10 Hourglass
    11 Feathers
    12 Get The Lead Out

Track 7? ok sure...

April 20th? God damnit.. Well, what's 3 months over 14 years? It might actually release before NIN EP3....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Pretty sure it’s a combo of Billy and Maynard.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post

1 Eat The Elephant
    2 Disillusioned
    3 The Contrarian
    4 The Doomed
    6 TalkTalk
    7 By And Down The River
    8 Delicious
    9 DLB
    10 Hourglass
    11 Feathers
    12 Get The Lead Out

Track 7?
    Damnit. Beat my by that much.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they gave By and Down a proper release.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hopefully they at least re-recorded it... I hate when artists tamper with the established song titles. So much for scrobbling stats.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-05-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    They want 125 dollars for that boxset that includes a "custom prism" as a major perk.

Amazing

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post

1 Eat The Elephant
    2 Disillusioned
    3 The Contrarian
    4 The Doomed
    6 TalkTalk
    7 By And Down The River
    8 Delicious
    9 DLB
    10 Hourglass
    11 Feathers
    12 Get The Lead Out

Track 7? ok sure...
    I thought the same thing (re: track 7). It's a great song, but that song came out four and a half years ago in October, 2013. Why put it on a 2018 album? I DO like that song a lot and everything, just seems like they might have thrown it on to take up space. Hopefully it's a bit different than the previous version of the song to justify its inclusion here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    New song is pretty good, I love that guitar tone.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This whole thing just feels like "how much can we get away with?"

Crappy singles? Check. Recycled tracks, check. Mostly different band? Check. Embarrassing album art, check.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I thought the same thing (re: track 7). It's a great song, but that song came out four and a half years ago in October, 2013. Why put it on a 2018 album? I DO like that song a lot and everything, just seems like they might have thrown it on to take up space. Hopefully it's a bit different than the previous version of the song to justify its inclusion here.
    My guess is there is a percentage of fans who didn't know the track was released on a compilation so what better way to bring it back by putting here.

New Rolling Stone interview:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-album-w516301
    Last edited by virushopper; 02-05-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

Crappy singles? Check. Recycled tracks, check. Mostly different band? Check. Embarrassing album art, check.
    Or none of those things and you’re being meaninglessly cynical? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

I personally like the singles (especially The Doomed), but I know that art/music is subjective and that's your opinion. The lineup of the band has changed MANY times, but the important members (singer and songwriter) have always remained, which is the important part. And James Iha has been in the band since 2003, which was 15 years ago. There's only two relatively new members and they've even been in the band since 2011/2012, so they're not even new anymore. I kind of agree about By and Down being recycled, but who knows – maybe it's been revamped. We'll see... As for the album art, yeah, I'll give you that one. It's pretty bad. They should have just had a closeup shot of the "octoheart" (like the t-shirt in the bundles) for the cover.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    My guess is there is a percentage of fans who didn't know the track was released on a compilation so what better way to bring it back by putting here.

New Rolling Stone interview:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-album-w516301
    It’s kind of a shame to hear the Billy was taken off some tracks (especially one he considered personal) but I’ve never doubted that he was ultimately happy with the outcomes so it’s what he wants.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Excited for the new tunes!

That album artwork though, yikes...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Not sure how I feel about the different drummers info... If one of them is Josh Freese, then sure, but I think Billy would've namedrop him.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    They want 125 dollars for that boxset that includes a "custom prism" as a major perk.

Amazing
    Don't forget about the card deck!

CD = $15
    Vinyl = $30

Deck of cards, foil-stamped box, prism = $80

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The preorder link on the official site is "not available in my country" so I cannot see this illustrious prism edition yet, but IMO that's a fine single.

When I mentioned a while ago that I didn't think any album containing the tracks we had already heard would be bad, I had thought of including By and Down on that list briefly but said to myself "...nah. It's too old." Astounded it's on here.

Chuckling at the Hitchhiker's reference that is Track 5. Really looking forward to that.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The preorder link on the official site is "not available in my country" so I cannot see this illustrious prism edition yet, but IMO that's a fine single.
    I'm sure it's just a mock-up, but the box dimensions make it look like everything is just going to be set in there. I could understand a large chunk of the price if the box ends up being very customized (as dumb as that sounds).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Not bad, digging this new track "TalkTalk" Sounds like the APC we've been waiting for. I think this should have been the first single to be honest, or at least the second.
    The doomed is OK, kinda grew out of it after a few listens, but Disillusioned is easily the weakest track of the 3 for me.

Anyway, regarding the bundles? Meh, not gonna fall for any of those. Curious what the custom prism and deck of cards look like though. Everything else, meh. Artwork on the t-shirt/hoody is kinda neat. Better than any of the designs on their last tour, but still... Not gonna pre-order any of this stuff.

Looking forward to hearing the studio version of Hourglass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The preorder link on the official site is "not available in my country" so I cannot see this illustrious prism edition yet,
    Just gotta use the work around, go through their official store website.
    This one worked for me: https://store.aperfectcircle.com/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I guess I jinxed By and Down (The River lol) being on the album when I asked if it would be on the album awhile back. My apologies .

Talktalk is a step in the right direction I was hoping the album would sound like, but all of these songs sound boring and uninspired to me. Hopefully they sound a bit more cohesive when I get to hear this from start to finish. I don't see them ever topping Thirteenth Step.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    LOL @ Maynard's reaction to the final question of this interview. Good read, though! I cant' wait to hear the rest of the album.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    LOL @ Maynard's reaction to the final question of this interview. Good read, though! I cant' wait to hear the rest of the album.
    Just finished reading the interview myself, and was going to come and post something similar.
    Of course, an interviewer can't go without ever mentioning TOOL to Maynard, lol.
    Poor guy. I'm starting to see why he acts the way he does when TOOL is mentioned, must get very annoying that people constantly bring something else unrelated up.

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I guess I jinxed By and Down (The River lol) being on the album when I asked if it would be on the album awhile back. My apologies .

From the interview in rolling stone, it makes it seem like it's a completely different song, but that's the vibe I got.

Another interesting vocal thing is the first line of "By and Down the River." You sing it with a little, maybe Indian inflection. Can you tell me about that?
    Keenan: That's something I've done for a while. I'm not sure where I picked that up. Probably on the road listening to various world music – a lot of people that Peter Gabriel brought to the Passion soundtrack for The Last Temptation of Christ. I was listening to a lot of that stuff before the film came out, so it was really nice to hear him put all these people together on one film soundtrack. That could be the influence.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "MoOoOoOoOoving in and out of the shadows"

That's the first line.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Talktalk is a step in the right direction I was hoping the album would sound like, but all of these songs sound boring and uninspired to me. Hopefully they sound a bit more cohesive when I get to hear this from start to finish. I don't see them ever topping Thirteenth Step.
    my feelings exactly- do like the new tune but don’t see myself wanting to go back to it a whole lot. I almost wish they wouldn’t leak these songs one at a time, and could just listen to the album in full and let it hit you all at once.

Hoping Tool sticks to what they’ve done in the past. If the entire album (APC or Tool) leaks, so be it.