Thread: The Playstation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

And that's why i sometimes have a distaste for Sony. They aren't doing anything new, they copy, and they slam competitors when they try to push forward.

The Microsoft petition said it best: “This was to be the future of entertainment,“A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses. Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox. But consumers were uninformed, and railed against it, and it was taken away because Sony took advantage of consumers uncertainty. We want this back. It can't be all or nothing, there must be a compromise.”

I just... I mean what the fuck. Are you astroturfing? Surely you can't believe what you're typing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I just... I mean what the fuck. Are you astroturfing? Surely you can't believe what you're typing.
    why? because some of us wanted something different? we wanted a more viable alternative than hard disks? We shouldve been well into diskless gaming by now but we're not. Gamers are slow as fuck to progress.

Instead of introducing something new and fresh, a push forward for gaming, Sony gained applause by... fucking with MS? Okay. Microsoft didn't really do a well enough job fleshing out the details of their plans but the gaming media didn't help informing audiences either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    why? because some of us wanted something different? we wanted a more viable alternative than hard disks? We shouldve been well into diskless gaming by now but we're not. Gamers are slow as fuck to progress.

Instead of introducing something new and fresh, a push forward for gaming, Sony gained applause by... fucking with MS? Okay. Microsoft didn't really do a well enough job fleshing out the details of their plans but the gaming media didn't help informing audiences either.
    What's the point you're trying to make here? The quote from your previous post clearly stated that PSN users can access their digital (or "diskless") games via any PS4.

That petition is utter fanboy whinging. No one was excited about the way MS was going to lock down their games. Anyone who claims it was supposed to be "Steam for XBox" is lying and only rationalized it to be so after Sony revealed their DRM policies. People are giving credit to Sony because they take steps in favor of gamers as opposed to what MS was being called out for. It's simple -- people just hate companies that go to Orwellian lengths to prevent piracy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    seems overblown to me. if the government is spying on me i'm already on camera lmao. laptop, ipad, skype,etc.

i really don't know what to make of all this yet. some of it seems exaggerated.