Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those that have listened, are the tracks that were on the abridged version of the soundtrack the same on this one or have they been extended/reworked at all?

Any guesses on whether this will be available for purchase digitally / make it to streaming sites? I bit the bullet for The Fragile Deviations when it was released (to get a download code, I don't own a record player), but The Fragile is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frl View Post
    For those that have listened, are the tracks that were on the abridged version of the soundtrack the same on this one or have they been extended/reworked at all?

Any guesses on whether this will be available for purchase digitally / make it to streaming sites? I bit the bullet for The Fragile Deviations when it was released (to get a download code, I don't own a record player), but The Fragile is one of my favorite albums of all time.
    They're the same - the only differences are in how they transition into the new tracks, but that's only at the tail ends and doesn't affect the songs themselves.

As for the second question, I guarantee it'll be the same as the Definitive Editions and Deviations - never. Seems very much to be oriented towards the physical product the same way the others were.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frl View Post

A few of the transitions are different because of the alternate track listing. As such, some of the tracks are a second or two shorter than on the "Abridged" version.

I'm planning on doing a review after I complete my fifth listen. I know it's very early, but this is my favorite score work TR+AR have done to this day; head-and-shoulders above Gone Girl. The new tracks fill in the "gaps" so nicely and help to give this score a very specific, claustrophobic atmosphere.

I've been fanboy-ing out since release... this is brutal yet beautiful, completely isolating, yet somehow cozy when you get a piano break from the drones. It's the Gone Girl formula, advanced.
    Last edited by Jon; 11-24-2019 at 12:56 AM. Reason: spla-doosh!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    A few of the transitions are different because of the alternate track listing. As such, some of the tracks are a second or two shorter than on the "Abridged" version.

I'm planning on doing a review after I complete my fifth listen. I know it's very early, but this is my favorite score work TR+AR have done to this day; head-and-shoulders above Gone Girl. The new tracks fill in the "gaps" so nicely and help to give this score a very specific, claustrophobic atmosphere.

I've been fanboy-ing out since release... this is brutal yet beautiful, completely isolating, yet somehow cozy when you get a piano break from the drones. It's the Gone Girl formula, advanced.
    it's taking quite a lot of self-control for me to wait until i have the records in hand to listen to this

according to my tracking, it'll arrive by end of day friday