Thread: Carnivale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Saving the final episode of Carnivale season one for this coming Friday

@neorev You weren't kidding about The Knick; this show is fantastic. Only four episodes in and I'm already invested in the characters. Some of these surgical procedures they perform are harrowing af, like Clive Owens attaching that girl's arm to her face so the skin will help her grow a new nose-piece..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Saving the final episode of Carnivale season one for this coming Friday

@neorev You weren't kidding about The Knick; this show is fantastic. Only four episodes in and I'm already invested in the characters. Some of these surgical procedures they perform are harrowing af, like Clive Owens attaching that girl's arm to her face so the skin will help her grow a new nose-piece..
    What's even crazier is that a lot of these wild procedures you see in this show are shit we actually did back in the day. It's actually quite amazing how far we were along with surgical procedures in the early 1900s. You think these things were discovered much later.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Finished the first season last evening. Pretty terrific stuff. In hindsight, they did a fantastic job slowly unspooling the narratives between the carnival folk so that it all came to somewhat of a head in the final episode. Justin Crowe's story arc seemed more like set-up than execution in this season, but I'm sure he'll be off to a galloping start once season two kicks in. Michael J. Anderson has killed it on this show for me so far. Despite his personal eccentricities, he was born for his role in this.

Can't wait to start the next season in a few weeks, so this, Oz and the Twin Peaks revival all close out on the same weekend for me in September. That's going to be one bittersweet farewell to some remarkable television..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Finished the first season last evening. Pretty terrific stuff. In hindsight, they did a fantastic job slowly unspooling the narratives between the carnival folk so that it all came to somewhat of a head in the final episode. Justin Crowe's story arc seemed more like set-up than execution in this season, but I'm sure he'll be off to a galloping start once season two kicks in. Michael J. Anderson has killed it on this show for me so far. Despite his personal eccentricities, he was born for his role in this.

Can't wait to start the next season in a few weeks, so this, Oz and the Twin Peaks revival all close out on the same weekend for me in September. That's going to be one bittersweet farewell to some remarkable television..
    Let's hope years from now Carnivale becomes like Twin Peaks and it brought back :P