Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP - new album out 6/22/2018

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    im excited for this new record, but i do miss the remix album part of the nin catalog. hopefully we get a remix album of songs from the trilogy next year. hopefully not digital only like the hesitation marks remix ep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The art is very haunting, with definite shades of NTAE, and the track titles are extremely cryptic and creepy and it has me so fucking excited. I really wanted the finale to be scary and avant-garde and just the look of this thing so far is giving me all the right vibes.

The biggest surprise for me here is no Physical Component, which is disappointing because I loved the previous ones for NTAE and especially AV, but hear me out...with all the emphasis on a "Physical World" presale, does anyone else half-suspect that ticket buyers at said events will be receiving this release's equivalent of a Physical Component? It would definitely make the effort of trekking out to the venues feel more worthwhile. Sorry if anyone has guessed this already, there's quite a lot of thread to dig through here.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    The art is very haunting, with definite shades of NTAE, and the track titles are extremely cryptic and creepy and it has me so fucking excited. I really wanted the finale to be scary and avant-garde and just the look of this thing so far is giving me all the right vibes.

The biggest surprise for me here is no Physical Component, which is disappointing because I loved the previous ones for NTAE and especially AV, but hear me out...with all the emphasis on a "Physical World" presale, does anyone else half-suspect that ticket buyers at said events will be receiving this release's equivalent of a Physical Component? It would definitely make the effort of trekking out to the venues feel more worthwhile. Sorry if anyone has guessed this already, there's quite a lot of thread to dig through here.
    That would be fucking awful. Not only does it limit a physical location to an item people worldwide will want, it also attaches a much larger price tag

I'm hoping the last PC will be in the record itself. Because not getting one at all would be a shame, AV's was amazing

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    im excited for this new record, but i do miss the remix album part of the nin catalog. hopefully we get a remix album of songs from the trilogy next year. hopefully not digital only like the hesitation marks remix ep.
    I'd love to have a remix album too, and also stems. This is too major a series of releases to not have a related remix release.

It'd also be great to have the Beats EP up in the NIN store since Beats no longer exists and it's odd to have a non-quickie NIN album (looking at you, The Slip) without a remix companion release. (And at least with The Slip, we got stems.)

There are 7 remixes out there for HM, though, which is great. Just wish we had a bundled release of all of them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I'd love to have a remix album too, and also stems. This is too major a series of releases to not have a related remix release.

It'd also be great to have the Beats EP up in the NIN store since Beats no longer exists and it's odd to have a non-quickie NIN album (looking at you, The Slip) without a remix companion release. (And at least with The Slip, we got stems.)

There are 7 remixes out there for HM, though, which is great. Just wish we had a bundled release of all of them.
    I'm still waiting on a PHM remix album.

That should have been the fifth part of the definitive nin: the remixes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm still waiting on a PHM remix album.

That should have been the fifth part of the definitive nin: the remixes
    Wellll true. But the HLAH US single is album length, and has three songs represented, so it basically counts, for me. (And we've got remixes for Sin from the era too).

TDS still has the most tracks remixed, as far as I know.

And yes ... there really should have been a remix volume of Definitive. Closer To God was my introduction to NIN, and the remix albums were a huge part of my TDS listening experience. I'd die if FTDS came out on vinyl. I literally used to have dreams about finding a vinyl copy of it as a kid.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Wellll true. But the HLAH US single is album length, and has three songs represented, so it basically counts, for me. (And we've got remixes for Sin from the era too).

TDS still has the most tracks remixed, as far as I know.

And yes ... there really should have been a remix volume of Definitive. Closer To God was my introduction to NIN, and the remix albums were a huge part of my TDS listening experience. I'd die if FTDS came out on vinyl. I literally used to have dreams about finding a vinyl copy of it as a kid.
    Fragile squeaks by with a couple more, but considering fragile's a double album TDS wins by remix-per-song average http://www.nin.wiki/Remixes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    my favorite NIN non album tracks are from the UK version of further down the spiral. amazing stuff.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That would be fucking awful. Not only does it limit a physical location to an item people worldwide will want, it also attaches a much larger price tag

I'm hoping the last PC will be in the record itself. Because not getting one at all would be a shame, AV's was amazing
    Yeah I really want a Physical Component too and I would be thrilled if it comes with the record as you are hoping. I'm not saying that having the Component be a gift for ticket buyers is a good idea, but consider that nothing about the ticketing method is really a good idea in the conventional sense and I think it's a very real possibility.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I look in the mirror
    all that I see
    is a piece of shit
    that shit is me

Shit Mirror
    that's all that I see
    Shit Mirror
    that mirror is me

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fragile squeaks by with a couple more, but considering fragile's a double album TDS wins by remix-per-song average http://www.nin.wiki/Remixes
    Yes - sorry, I meant percentage rather than sheer number. Oops.

The Fragile era is a little more mixed in quality for me than the TDS remixes but some of them are amazing. I really wish The Fragile deconstructed mix had been on TFA, and I prefer the quiet version of TDTWWA to the original.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The hipster argument is CD is dead and vinyl is booming. Meanwhile last year I think there were somewhere around 75 million CDs sold to 8 or 9 million vinyl....So this idea vinyl is burying CD is mostly coming from the mouths of bearded dudes in between their vapes
    Lol sounds about right. I’m not a big audiophile, and unless a record was recorded, mixed and mastered in a total analog format, I usually have a hard time distinguishing a difference between cd and vinyl in terms of quality and warmth. I mostly enjoy the vinyl for larger artwork and the occasional colored lp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ...

A new release, new tour dates with Jesus and the Mary Chain, a snippet that sounds fucking amazing, new cool merch, and all you can do is bitch, moan and complain.

Quite a few users seem to get a kick out of seeing the glass half-empty, getting all worked up, annoyed and upset because Trent and Atticus are not doing things exactly how some negative people want them to.

This being an LP instead of an EP ruins everything.

The songs better not be just endless distortion loops like TBW.

Why isn’t this on CD or digital? Trent hates us! Boo-hoo!

What about the remasters? Yeah, new music, big deal, but what’s most important: WHERE ARE THE REMASTERS? It’s been forever! I want them now!

Seriously, people, enjoy the good news. I wish just ONE of my other favourite bands had this amount of releases of new high-quality exciting music in the last 18 months.
    Sorry, not sorry I cannot be excited for new music that is only offered in a way where most people, including me, cannot get it or a tour that doesn't come to my city, which is fine I can travel and have traveled to see NIN but if I have no shot at a ticket at all well then yes I have every right to be angry. And of course TR can do whatever the hell he wants and make it available to be listened to in manner he wants. Unfortunately, many of his fans cannot share in that pursuit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The hipster argument is CD is dead and vinyl is booming. Meanwhile last year I think there were somewhere around 75 million CDs sold to 8 or 9 million vinyl....So this idea vinyl is burying CD is mostly coming from the mouths of bearded dudes in between their vapes
    you’re missing the point,

vinyl is skyrocketing while cd is dropping rapidly and will be dead officially in a month when Best Buy & Target yank CDs officially but keep vinyl. what’s the point of a cd if getting the physical copy immediately is getting harder to do? you buy CDs off of amazon? no, you buy a digital download or stream it, no?

having a vinyl copy for your favorites and a digital file for convenience/computer is where every music lover is going

there is literally no point for a cd with digital formats available. Unlike video, where physical disc holds a significant difference for quality, there is no argument for physical digital files vs digital files

the argument for vinyl is beautiful art, warm “better sound quality” distortion, fully lossless audio, better engagement with the music. The argument for CD is...some artwork is better than none?

vinyl pressing plants are growing, turntable manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand and record shops are booming.

thats the reality.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    music that is only offered in a way where most people, including me, cannot get it
    Except — it's not.
    I have no shot at a ticket at all
    Except — you do.
    Unfortunately, many of his fans cannot share in that pursuit.
    Except — they can.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry, not sorry I cannot be excited for new music that is only offered in a way where most people, including me, cannot get it or a tour that doesn't come to my city, which is fine I can travel and have traveled to see NIN but if I have no shot at a ticket at all well then yes I have every right to be angry. And of course TR can do whatever the hell he wants and make it available to be listened to in manner he wants. Unfortunately, many of his fans cannot share in that pursuit.
    The way you put it makes it sound like it will be impossible to listen to this new release to anyone who doesn’t have a turntable. Just download the fucking thing. There will be jpegs or a pdf for you to enjoy the art. If you feel you want to support NIN with your money, buy something from their merch store.

There is a link floating around in this thread where you can pre-order the CD version.

You see, it’s not as terrible, there are alternatives to access the music anyway, and ways to support the band.

Yeah, I’m bummed because the way they are touring makes it look VERY unlikely they’ll be in my neighbourhood anytime soon, unless it’s a festival (which i don’t like at all) and even then it seems far fetched, but it’s out of my control, therefore bitching about it is pointless.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    The way you put it makes it sound like it will be impossible to listen to this new release to anyone who doesn’t have a turntable. Just download the fucking thing. There will be jpegs or a pdf for you to enjoy the art. If you feel you want to support NIN with your money, buy something from their merch store.

There is a link floating around in this thread where you can pre-order the CD version.

You see, it’s not as terrible, there are alternatives to access the music anyway, and ways to support the band.

Yeah, I’m bummed because the way they are touring makes it look VERY unlikely they’ll be in my neighbourhood anytime soon, unless it’s a festival (which i don’t like at all) and even then it seems far fetched, but it’s out of my control, therefore bitching about it is pointless.
    Theres also a cd available for preorder on some online store and I'm sure it will be on amazon eventually.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    you’re missing the point,

vinyl is skyrocketing while cd is dropping rapidly and will be dead officially in a month when Best Buy & Target yank CDs officially but keep vinyl. what’s the point of a cd if getting the physical copy immediately is getting harder to do? you buy CDs off of amazon? no, you buy a digital download or stream it, no?

having a vinyl copy for your favorites and a digital file for convenience/computer is where every music lover is going

there is literally no point for a cd with digital formats available. Unlike video, where physical disc holds a significant difference for quality, there is no argument for physical digital files vs digital files

the argument for vinyl is beautiful art, warm “better sound quality” distortion, fully lossless audio, better engagement with the music. The argument for CD is...some artwork is better than none?

vinyl pressing plants are growing, turntable manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand and record shops are booming.

thats the reality.
    Vinyl isn't replacing CDs, digital is. Vinyl is just being propped up as a way to actually sell something non-streaming

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You don't have a turntable, CD player or digital music player?

In that case, can I buy your wax cylinder player? Been after one

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Behold my latest creation: Bad Sandwich
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-11-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Bad Sandwich:
    I lol’d

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Please jeebus make a steamed hams

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Vinyl isn't replacing CDs, digital is. Vinyl is just being propped up as a way to actually sell something non-streaming
    That's generally the way I see it as well. Streaming/digital download or vinyl seems to be the way of the future. To my ears, 24-bit WAV and vinyl (depending on mastering, of course) sound the same to my ears... I'm not so much into streaming services but I see the value in them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    lmao. This should be in the Photoshop thread, too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Vinyl is actually new territory. It is the physical artwork/edition aspect. It’ll never be the main way of listening but it will become the dominant physical format within the next three years.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    thanks for finding an answer literally 3 minutes after i asked, wtf.
    with that kind of power, you want to bring the new album to my doorstep?
    it's on it's way to your mailbox now. don't mention it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Except — it's not. Show me an offical relase of the cd.

Except — you do.

Except — they can.

Show me an official release of the cd.
    Show me how I can get a ticket to a show in a city I don't live in. I am not paying scalpers kind of defeats TR's purpose.
    And check out FB, you will see how many people can buy vinyl and listen to it.

Like I said people on this board of course are majority vinyl listeners but I find it very difficult to believe that millennials are running out to the local store buying stereos and vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    re-listened to NTAE & AV tonight out of excitement. when add violence first came out, i found that the end of "the background world" transitioned perfectly into the opening of "branches/bones" and i'm wondering if the end of "over and out" will transition perfectly into "less than" in any way significant enough to make me think the three releases are in reverse chronological order in terms of story-telling. i don't want to get too up my own ass, but i like the idea of that. i really love the idea that "burning bright" is still the end point of this project.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Show me an official release of the cd.
    Show me how I can get a ticket to a show in a city I don't live in. I am not paying scalpers kind of defeats TR's purpose.
    And check out FB, you will see how many people can buy vinyl and listen to it.

Like I said people on this board of course are majority vinyl listeners but I find it very difficult to believe that millennials are running out to the local store buying stereos and vinyl.
    here's the rough trade page where you can pre-order vinyl & CD

here's what it says on the ticket page about people who can't buy them at the box office:

WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE IT TO THE PHYSICAL WORLD PRESALE? WILL I HAVE ANY OPPORTUNITY TO BUY TICKETS ONLINE?
    Yes, limited quantities of tickets will be available for sale via all normal ticket purchasing channels, including online, at a later date (to be announced). Ticket inventory available via these traditional channels will include ADA tickets.
    go look at the vinyl tag on instagram. there are so many fucking people with record collections of all different sizes, sharing their love of the medium. don't be such a sourpuss about it.