Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Worst genre of music is “modern” country. Not sure how in the fuck people actually like this bro-dozer doosh crap. Only reason I’m putting this post in this thread is im not much fonder of older country either. Country, outside of a song here and there, is just one genre I can’t get into. My second worst would be modern hip hop. Not that it’s the end all/be all of this conversation, but Snoop Dogg killed that shit on Saturday night during the Tyson fight, while those other somewhat younger rappers were absolute trash.

Shittiest musical genres, list them...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Worst genre of music is “modern” country. Not sure how in the fuck people actually like this bro-dozer doosh crap. Only reason I’m putting this post in this thread is im not much fonder of older country either. Country, outside of a song here and there, is just one genre I can’t get into. My second worst would be modern hip hop. Not that it’s the end all/be all of this conversation, but Snoop Dogg killed that shit on Saturday night during the Tyson fight, while those other somewhat younger rappers were absolute trash.

Hip hop goes through stages. 80s was just pure cheese, with a few visionaries. 90s was the "golden age". Suddenly a serious genre, there wasn't really a formula for it yet, so everyone was doing their own thing. Then in 2000s the bling era started and just about killed all clout the 90s had garnered for the genre. But then there was a bit of a return, with people like Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, and Kanye West all becoming massively successful while doing dramatically different, experimental things. But then "mumble rap" started taking over, and now we're at a weird place. It seems like there's a stark divide in mainstream hip hop right now.

Half of the artists are mindless SoundCloud style rappers that have no substance or creativity, with their popularity being more about their cult of personality than about any music they produce. The other half are still experimenting, still finding new things, and dragging the genre forward, and they're finding just as much success as the others. For every Lil Yachty there's a Noname. For every 6ix9ine there's a Run the Jewels. For every Migas there's a clipping. And honestly, I don't wanna hear clipping. when I'm in the club. These guys serve their purpose, and they serve it well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ska always comes to mind for me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Ska always comes to mind for me.
    That was popular with the cool kids back when I was in high school. Was always "meh" about it myself.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Far Beyond Driven is Pantera's best album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Wouldn't say that's controversial. Most people say that or A Vulgar Display of Power.

My personal favorite is The Great Southern Trendkill. Very experimental, aggressive/angry, Floods solo/outro and dark.
    Agreed, definitely not controversial and is probably their best album IMHO. It opened the charts at #1 back in ‘94! Vulgar was a bit more polished coming off of CFH and more “accessible” to your average fan so I totally get why that ones considered the favorite by many- and it still kicks ass.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Agreed, definitely not controversial and is probably their best album IMHO. It opened the charts at #1 back in ‘94! Vulgar was a bit more polished coming off of CFH and more “accessible” to your average fan so I totally get why that ones considered the favorite by many- and it still kicks ass.
    Yeah, I guess I thought CFH/VDOP were considered to be the top two albums. That's why I listed FBD in this thread.