Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    So i have another matter to discuss.

There are so many shows on these cable news channels.
    They are packaged like news. They have graphics and anchors and all that shit; they are made to look like news and feel like news and we have taken to calling them news.

But they are NOT news; they are opinion shows. In like 99 i was at the junior college studying journalism and learning about objectivity and like the main fucking thing they drilled into my head is that "news" is supposed to just be facts.
    And god DAMN, that sure isn't what they give us on the cable news channels.

I hate fox news, yes. Most of us can say that we hate fox news. I remember when Obama said, and i'm paraphrasing, that fox is not a news channel but a steaming pile of dog shit. He said something kind of like that and i'm sure most of us can relate.

But you know what i hate JUST AS MUCH? MSNBC. It's so obviously, ridiculously biased. It doesn't fucking matter if i AGREE with the bias.
    I can't stand that shit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So i have another matter to discuss.

There are so many shows on these cable news channels.
    They are packaged like news. They have graphics and anchors and all that shit; they are made to look like news and feel like news and we have taken to calling them news.

But they are NOT news; they are opinion shows. In like 99 i was at the junior college studying journalism and learning about objectivity and like the main fucking thing they drilled into my head is that "news" is supposed to just be facts.
    And god DAMN, that sure isn't what they give us on the cable news channels.

I hate fox news, yes. Most of us can say that we hate fox news. I remember when Obama said, and i'm paraphrasing, that fox is not a news channel but a steaming pile of dog shit. He said something kind of like that and i'm sure most of us can relate.

But you know what i hate JUST AS MUCH? MSNBC. It's so obviously, ridiculously biased. It doesn't fucking matter if i AGREE with the bias.
    I can't stand that shit.
    As I said in my first post all these channels are largely editoral with their alliance to which party they serve. The problem is getting worse because especially FOX NEWS has got into to the business of manufacturing the news, and @Louie_Cypher when they see Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones talking absolute bullshit on their conservative radio shows and getting ratings for it. FOX is like we're television we reach a larger audience and we can can get a ratings boost by making shit up.
    The problem is with the general public, people listen to these conservative talk radio hosts and FOX NEWS in some cases backs up the hysteria, and then you have these hardened, conspiracy minded people, alt. right conservatives that are more interested in watching Washington burn, then try and work together to get a piece of legislation passed in bypartisan way. Hence the tea party and now the Freedom Caucus, and their only intention is to disrupt and obstruct not only the democrats but the republicans as well. When you call them on it, its "Fake News" and they say you're a liberal pinko, yet their boy Donald Trump seems to be in bed with the Russians. It's a head spinning turn of events.
    On Bill Maher's show last Friday night he said there is a company called the Sinclair Group going around the country buying up television stations and they want to start a channel that is to the right of FOX NEWS. At what point is one of these conservative tv stations going to turn into a graphic novel?
    As for these conservative radio hosts they are toxic pieces of shit, and they breed toxic pieces shit into our society, I have always said conservative talk radio exists because the people that listen to it can't fucking read.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    As I said in my first post all these channels are largely editoral with their alliance to which party they serve. The problem is getting worse because especially FOX NEWS has got into to the business of manufacturing the news, and @Louie_Cypher when they see Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones talking absolute bullshit on their conservative radio shows and getting ratings for it. FOX is like we're television we reach a larger audience and we can can get a ratings boost by making shit up.
    The problem is with the general public, people listen to these conservative talk radio hosts and FOX NEWS in some cases backs up the hysteria, and then you have these hardened, conspiracy minded people, alt. right conservatives that are more interested in watching Washington burn, then try and work together to get a piece of legislation passed in bypartisan way. Hence the tea party and now the Freedom Caucus, and their only intention is to disrupt and obstruct not only the democrats but the republicans as well. When you call them on it, its "Fake News" and they say you're a liberal pinko, yet their boy Donald Trump seems to be in bed with the Russians. It's a head spinning turn of events.
    On Bill Maher's show last Friday night he said there is a company called the Sinclair Group going around the country buying up television stations and they want to start a channel that is to the right of FOX NEWS. At what point is one of these conservative tv stations going to turn into a graphic novel?
    As for these conservative radio hosts they are toxic pieces of shit, and they breed toxic pieces shit into our society, I have always said conservative talk radio exists because the people that listen to it can't fucking read.
    trump is behind buying the Sinclair Group scary indeed, can you imagine if trump had a media group https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...yn-hire/216048
    -Louie

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    trump is behind buying the Sinclair Group scary indeed, can you imagine if trump had a media group https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...yn-hire/216048
    -Louie
    That is fucking frightening, I am watching this Comey firing on one the channels that Trump calls "Fake News" and they are saying that the Trump firing of Comey is similar to Nixon firing the Archibald Cox the Watergate special prosecutor.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...abuse-of-power