Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

hey all, does anyone have Borderline Personality Disorder? i’ve been diagnosed for a good while now, and been on quite a few different medications. i’m currently taking

Lamotrigine 400mg
    Mirtazapine 45mg

Lorazepam when required

and was put on Aripiprazole again a month or so back, but this time it made me feel really fucked, previously i’ve had Quetiapine, Olanzapine and a few others.
    Buspirone makes me really ill, i ended up in hospital. because it wasn’t leaving my system in between doses, it was just building up and up.

been having a bit of a bad time, really disordered thinking, paranoia, concentration, main bpd things and cutting, that’s becoming a daily ritual i actually look forward to when i can do it and people problems, being triggered on purposely.

i’m trying to deal with it all myself, as i usually try first, then things come crashing down and i have no choice other than to seek help.

so basically what i wanted to know, if anyone has borderline personality disorder, what medication are they on or what have they tried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 07-14-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    i’m trying to deal with it all myself, as i usually try first, then things come crashing down and i have no choice other than to seek help.

so basically what i wanted to know, if anyone has borderline personality disorder, what medication are they on or what have they tried?
    There is no reason you should have to deal with this yourself. Please let your psychiatrist and psychologist know about these negative feedback loops you're experiencing. We are (truly) our own worse enemy in these cases.

I live with someone that currently takes buspirone, olanzipine, and guanificine. They have been on a combination of (most) medications you listed. So far, so good (going on 6 months). The doctors have made it clear that the next step, if needed, is lithium.

Another person I live with takes divalproex (a tetracyclic), citalopram, and clonazepam (as needed). They swear by the divalproex and switching from lorazepam to clonazepam. They have not had their medications changed in (going on) 10 years.

These are just ideas to help facilitate a conversation between you and your chosen professionals. Even with the best of intentions, I am still just an Internet rando. Sending "level" thoughts your way...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There is no reason you should have to deal with this yourself. Please let your psychiatrist and psychologist know about these negative feedback loops you're experiencing. We are (truly) our own worse enemy in these cases.

I live with someone that currently takes buspirone, olanzipine, and guanificine. They have been on a combination of (most) medications you listed. So far, so good (going on 6 months). The doctors have made it clear that the next step, if needed, is lithium.

Another person I live with takes divalproex (a tetracyclic), citalopram, and clonazepam (as needed). They swear by the divalproex and switching from lorazepam to clonazepam. They have not had their medications changed in (going on) 10 years.

These are just ideas to help facilitate a conversation between you and your chosen professionals. Even with the best of intentions, I am still just an Internet rando. Sending "level" thoughts your way...
    hey, that all great advice, thank you for your reply, it’s appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro