Thread: God Break Down the Door - first single

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Oh you've heard the whole thing? How is it?
    It's an abomination my dear friend...

Listen #2:

Fuck you Trent. This always happens with NIN.... (post 2000)... I absolutely hate it at first...and then.... FUCK.. Now I am starting to like the singing... and what I don't like is the ending which sounds so NIN cliché..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Newman View Post

Listen #2:

Fuck you Trent. This always happens with NIN.... (post 2000)... I absolutely hate it at first...and then.... FUCK.. Now I am starting to like the singing... and what I don't like is the ending which sounds so NIN cliché..
    Sounds to me like you've heard a track, and not an album. And yet ask that the whole album be canned based on one short track.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Listen #2:

You seem to have extremely, passionately strong opinions that can be swayed very, very easily.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Listen #2:
    Wait, so your "abomination" comment / definitive take on the track was after only one listen?

Yeah, Trent doesn't make music for people like you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Wait, so your "abomination" comment / definitive take on the track was after only one listen?

Yeah, Trent doesn't make music for people like you.
    This is what I was talking about a while back in the APC thread. When new music comes out, people RUSH to judgement and criticize it harshly and prematurely, loudly declaring how much it sucks on the internet. Sometimes music needs time to grow on you and you know, maybe giving it an actual fucking chance would help. As in more that one listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I assume there's nothing floating around higher than 128kbps? Is that really the max bitrate YouTube offers on audio?
    I ripped the YouTube video and got a 256 kbps mp3.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I assume there's nothing floating around higher than 128kbps? Is that really the max bitrate YouTube offers on audio?
    Yes. Though keep in mind, 128 Kbps AAC is roughly equivalent to something like 150-160 Kbps MP3.
    Occasionally you can get 192 Kbps AAC tracks from the monolithic 720p video file (as opposed to the DASH tracks), but usually they're just 128 Kbps. I don't know the rhyme or reason as to when 192 Kbps is used. I didn't bother downloading it to check on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I ripped the YouTube video and got a 256 kbps mp3.
    You transcoded it. YouTube doesn't offer MP3 audio. They only have AAC and Opus audio.