83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    just use two 90 minute cassettes!
    I totally LOL'd.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    just use two 90 minute cassettes!
    I don't know if you were trying to be facetious, but I did the math and that would actually totally work for Ghosts VI, as side 1 would come to 43:18, and side 2 39:53.

This also reminds me how fucking much I miss making mix tapes and the art of having to obsessively check the math that came along with it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    Not to go wildly off topic, but is there a source that talks about Trent working that way? Would like to dig into that more if it exists. I'm interested because stuff like older NIN albums like The Slip, the DE downloads, and The Social Network BluRay are all 96/24, but more recently the TR+AR stuff shifted to 48/24. I assumed it's because the standard for video tends to be 48kHz, but if there's another reason in terms of the math/fidelity/etc., I'm curious. I'm working on my own stuff right now and trying to decide where to land in terms of those specs as they relate to processing power, file size, sound quality, etc. If it's good enough for Trent, I'm sure it's good enough for me.

Unless, of course, the sampling rate of the mp3s is another clue that Ghosts V & VI are tracks from The Woman in the Window or elsewhere from the unused pile. Sorry for getting rant-y about sampling rates, but figured the ETS camp would be more forgiving about it.
    recording at 96kHz tends to add a lot of unnecessary noise to the high end of the recordings. while it may not be able to be heard outright, it can affect the other audible frequencies by interacting with the harmonics. it also literally doubles the file sizes of all your assets. i believe that was what TR+AR's reasoning was, from what i remember reading.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I don't know if you were trying to be facetious, but I did the math and that would actually totally work for Ghosts VI, as side 1 would come to 43:18, and side 2 39:53.

This also reminds me how fucking much I miss making mix tapes and the art of having to obsessively check the math that came along with it.
    was being 100% serious! if i wasn't, i would have used an emoji haha (or said haha)

i still have a tape deck as part of my stereo and all i want to do is make tapes for people but no one i know has one, so i have to settle for spotify playlists :/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yass. The amount of time I spent figuring out my own CD dub-offs for the car and mix tapes for people...

was being 100% serious! if i wasn't, i would have used an emoji haha (or said haha)

i still have a tape deck as part of my stereo and all i want to do is make tapes for people but no one i know has one, so i have to settle for spotify playlists :/
    I still make mix CDs for my friends!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I still make mix CDs for my friends!
    hi, we're friends now! i am going to make you one. gimmie a theme and i'll run with it!