Thread: 2021.09.19 CANCELLED - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know if the main stage lineup has been announced, or when that usually comes out? Then I can mentally prepare myself for hanging out in a pit for an entire day, something I haven't done since 2014 (for QotSA at Sasquatch Festival, and well worth it).

I'm officially too old to really enjoy festivals anymore, but I must say that my one Riot Fest experience I've had was maybe the best of all the festivals I've been to.

I don't actually have a ticket to this yet, but hoping to snag one for a not-too-outrageous between now and September.

Also, hoping some HEALTH+NIN live debut action happens onstage!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Anyone know if the main stage lineup has been announced, or when that usually comes out? Then I can mentally prepare myself for hanging out in a pit for an entire day, something I haven't done since 2014 (for QotSA at Sasquatch Festival, and well worth it).

I'm officially too old to really enjoy festivals anymore, but I must say that my one Riot Fest experience I've had was maybe the best of all the festivals I've been to.

I don't actually have a ticket to this yet, but hoping to snag one for a not-too-outrageous between now and September.

Also, hoping some HEALTH+NIN live debut action happens onstage!
    In 2017 they announced stage line ups the same time single day passes went on sale.

Also, don't get your hopes up about a NIN crossover with another band. In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Also, don't get your hopes up about a NIN crossover with another band. In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)
    See also: NIN+QOTSA 2014 tour. No collaborations despite so many studio crossovers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)
    Yeah, good point. I guess I am more optimistic about it given that their collab with HEALTH was so recent. In my brain, here is what happened:

TR: * opens phone and scrolls to H section in contacts *
    TR: Hey guys, saw you are playing in Chicago in a few months. Remember that song we just worked on? What do you think about playing that together at the start of our encore? And then you can help us jump into [fill in the blank with some other NIN crowdpleaser]?
    H: * all nod heads *

Ah well, a guy can dream. TBH, at this point, it's been long enough seeing NIN that even if the festival shows end up being greatest hits + 1 or 2 deep cuts (even medium deep) I would still sleep happy for about a year straight.