Thread: Headphones and Amps and DACs... Oh My!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Question about the Sennheiser HD 280 headphones, since I just found my pair that I had thought I gotten rid of. A) I need new cups and the handy little guide on the Brainwavz page has disappeared to be replaced by gobbledygook:

Introducing Your

PAGE DETAILS TEMPLATE
    Let's Get Started!

TALK ABOUT YOUR BRAND
    Use this text to share information about your brand with your customers.

Describe a product, share announcements, or welcome customers to your store.
    wtaf is going on with the site.

B) I plugged them into my receiver so I could listen to a record sans hum (see vinyl thread) and there was absolutely zero bass coming through. It's been long enough that I don't 100% remember what they sounded like but I am 100% sure that they were very good sounding cans. I've had them for awhile sure but I've never heard of a set of headphones doing this. they sound very clear but there is zero bass response.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Question about the Sennheiser HD 280 headphones, since I just found my pair that I had thought I gotten rid of. A) I need new cups and the handy little guide on the Brainwavz page has disappeared to be replaced by gobbledygook:

wtaf is going on with the site.

B) I plugged them into my receiver so I could listen to a record sans hum (see vinyl thread) and there was absolutely zero bass coming through. It's been long enough that I don't 100% remember what they sounded like but I am 100% sure that they were very good sounding cans. I've had them for awhile sure but I've never heard of a set of headphones doing this. they sound very clear but there is zero bass response.
    The website works just fine for me. With the Sennheiser 280 Pro's, you're "stuck" with choosing just from the Oval pads (https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/pages...z-earpad-guide).

If you're having hum and zero bass response, there's something going on with your receiver/amp (could be as simple as the cable though).