Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Yep, looks like more of them went up so those of you who missed the first onsale GO NOW!!
    Sold out again.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by innerturmoil View Post
    Might want to try ticketbright again, i got one today...
    we'll see if it was a mistake and they refund me....
    Yep, looks like more of them went up so those of you who missed the first onsale GO NOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Thanks! Purchased!!!
    Wow, you lucky-ass motherfuckers.

I wonder what this is gonna be all about with only a 200 person venue and only $50. There’s gotta be a catch- like Maynard isn’t there and Joe Rogan MC’s some recorded practice session of Billy and one [insert Puscifer member here], right?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wow, you lucky-ass motherfuckers.

I wonder what this is gonna be all about with only a 200 person venue and only $50. There’s gotta be a catch- like Maynard isn’t there and Joe Rogan MC’s some recorded practice session of Billy and one [insert Puscifer member here], right?
    This is the same theater and moderator as when I saw Atticus Ross do a talk and performance a few years ago. I assume it’ll be roughly the same format - chat for 45-60 minutes, play a few songs, and that’s it. Don’t get me wrong; I’m super psyched I’m going, but I’m not expecting it to be anything super special or mind-blowing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It would be cool if they webcast it for us scrubs on the other side of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I gave Eat The Elephant a few more spins today. Don't get me wrong, there are some great moments to be found (Talk Talk, By And Down, Feathers). But the way the album starts is downright baffling (the lyric, "where to begin eludes me" is ironic on many levels).

We waited 15 years to hear MJK whine like an old man about technology? Shit, I thought eMotive was insufferable. For someone who talks so tough in interviews (and generally shows little respect for other people), he sure seems to care a lot about how much time humans spend on their phones. It's sort of like a right-wing blowhard who complains about big government one day and then goes to protest outside of an abortion clinic the next.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Maynard himself is, in fact, rather insufferable.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Maynard himself is, in fact, rather insufferable.
    People who actively walk into a fan forum for someone just to claim that said person is, "in fact," rather insufferable, are rather insufferable.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    I gave Eat The Elephant a few more spins today. Don't get me wrong, there are some great moments to be found (Talk Talk, By And Down, Feathers). But the way the album starts is downright baffling (the lyric, "where to begin eludes me" is ironic on many levels).

We waited 15 years to hear MJK whine like an old man about technology? Shit, I thought eMotive was insufferable. For someone who talks so tough in interviews (and generally shows little respect for other people), he sure seems to care a lot about how much time humans spend on their phones. It's sort of like a right-wing blowhard who complains about big government one day and then goes to protest outside of an abortion clinic the next.
    I’m constantly surprised by people who follow the guy who wrote Stinkfist, Opiate, Jerk-Off, Third Eye, Eulogy, Ænema, the entirety of Lateralus, Intension/Right In Two, Vicarious, Thomas, Breña, Judith, The Package, Monsoons, Green Valley, Horizons, The Weaver, Vacant/Passive, Simultaneous, and so on and are surprised that he wrote a song saying “Hey, don’t get caught up in the rush of things, don’t get carried along with the tide. Take a minute, breathe, and enjoy the moment.”

Like, that’s not really a contentious statement, is it? Put down your phone and eat dinner with your family and talk to your kids. Is that an “old man yells at cloud” thing? I’m 32 and on my phone constantly but I still try to take breaks and spend some time with my kids.

While I love the album, I can see why people wouldn’t. But there’s nothing earth shattering or new about the ideas behind the lyrics.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My issue with the lyrics is mostly word choice. The particular language and choice of vocabulary he uses paints an entirely different picture than "put down your phone and enjoy what you have". To me, it comes off more like "hey dumbass, you don't know any better because you're a dumbass, so do this shit that we think is good for you, dumbass. Or not. We don't really give a fuck." That's what this album feels like to me. Not being advised, not being admonished, not being warned, but being straight up berated from a self-made throne because obviously we need someone to explain it in small words because we're dumbasses. Along with every song sounding musically the same, well, i think it's understandable why some folks might not be into this album.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    My issue with the lyrics is mostly word choice. The particular language and choice of vocabulary he uses paints an entirely different picture than "put down your phone and enjoy what you have". To me, it comes off more like "hey dumbass, you don't know any better because you're a dumbass, so do this shit that we think is good for you, dumbass. Or not. We don't really give a fuck." That's what this album feels like to me. Not being advised, not being admonished, not being warned, but being straight up berated from a self-made throne because obviously we need someone to explain it in small words because we're dumbasses. Along with every song sounding musically the same, well, i think it's understandable why some folks might not be into this album.
    I take it as more of a thesis statement.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    There's a phrase for that: tough love.

Some people out there are in desperate need of it. These aren't new problems. People have been advised and warned for years. If they haven't heeded the repeated gentle cautions already, then I'm a-ok with calling them a dumbass.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    so excited for tonight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    so excited for tonight!
    Same. Haven't seen them since 2003....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's funny. I will have seen APC seven times after tonight, but I've only ever seen them do a normal, headlining set once (Gibson Amphitheater in LA in 2011). Opening for NIN, eMOTIVe live, Kimmel twice, Maynard's 50th birthday, and now tonight are all shorter and/or non-traditional shows. Looking forward to seeing them next month in Anaheim to actually add a second normal APC show to the list!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's funny. I will have seen APC seven times after tonight, but I've only ever seen them do a normal, headlining set once (Gibson Amphitheater in LA in 2011). Opening for NIN, eMOTIVe live, Kimmel twice, Maynard's 50th birthday, and now tonight are all shorter and/or non-traditional shows. Looking forward to seeing them next month in Anaheim to actually add a second normal APC show to the list!
    At least you were lucky enough to attend Maynard's 50th birthday Cinquanta, though. I wish I could have gone to that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    At least you were lucky enough to attend Maynard's 50th birthday Cinquanta, though. I wish I could have gone to that.
    It was pretty awesome. I will forever hope for a soundboard quality recording of Carina Round singing The Package.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    You guys. I haven’t seen APC live since 2004 lol. Not for lack of want but for having had children and lack of money.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anybody here? I'm wearing a Black Queen shirt

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I’m here and I’m wearing a nin shirt

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So jealous of you guys

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    We got free copies of the CD!

(Or more like we paid $30 for the ticket and $20 for the CD)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    We got free copies of the CD!

(Or more like we paid $30 for the ticket and $20 for the CD)

Only if u paid with American Express, that’s typical of these programs, if you’re really lucky they’ll sign afterward, but I didn’t see a set up...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by innerturmoil View Post
    Only if u paid with American Express, that’s typical of these programs, if you’re really lucky they’ll sign afterward, but I didn’t see a set up...
    everyone got a copy here tonight. They had TONS of boxes behind the counter...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Very cool experience. Spotted Renholder in the audience.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Very cool experience. Spotted Renholder in the audience.
    I was wondering if he would show up

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not tryin to lie, Orestes tonight made me cry like a little bitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not tryin to lie, Orestes tonight made me cry like a little bitch.
    I hope this emerges... The song, not your crying. The acoustic demo we have is just not enough.
    Also if we get footage of you crying. That's a bonus.