Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2015

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Isn't this the same terrible post from a year or so ago?
    Oh god yes, it was terrible... it read like the justification of a really pointless art project.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Casual spotting, apparently one of the writers of Elementary has a crush on the Trizzle https://twitter.com/ELEMENTARYStaff/...07355597082624

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick takes the time to remind us (once again) that he was in Nine Inch Nails.

https://instagram.com/p/0PDpfVBWl-/
    Last edited by BRoswell; 03-15-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    notice everyone stopped speculating about the Tension blu ray....Have you people finally realized its never coming out, ever? or are some of you still wishing upon that star

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    notice everyone stopped speculating about the Tension blu ray....Have you people finally realized its never coming out, ever? or are some of you still wishing upon that star
    Not sure how that's nin spotting mate

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Flamebait much.
    At the very least it should have been in the Random NIN Thoughts thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Magnuson on nihilistically violent films such as Se7en and music videos such as Smashing Pumpkins' "Bullet with Butterfly Wings": "I hate these whiny, middle-class kids co-opting people's real suffering. Videos ripping off news photography of people in the Third World! I mean, we live like czars. ... When I see my friends lying in caskets and put in the ground, when you're really confronted with it, it's not cool, it's not Trent Reznor. I'd just like to make something beautiful. It's something to aspire to."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Magnuson

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quick mention in relation to the upcoming reboot of The Crow:
    http://www.avclub.com/article/crow-r...vision--216636

No word yet on how faithful this reboot will be to the original graphic novel, but O’Barr seems to want it to adhere pretty rigidly. After all, he has already said it will feature Joy Division songs, unlike previous films (the 1994 version merely included a Joy Division cover by Nine Inch Nails) that dared depart from O’Barr’s vision of a rampaging Goth in leather pants who talks to birds.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    TRez reference in the latest episode of Community.

"If I have to start drinking in the men's room, the score in my head will change from Trent Reznor to Johnny Cash doing Trent Reznor."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.kemptation.com/features/i...ampaign=buffer

Interview by Laibach:

"Laibach have influenced many great acts across multiple genres. According to Trent Reznor, if there had been no Laibach, it would be hard to ever imagine Nine Inch Nails or Rammstein coming into being."

Really? When did he say that?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninmachine View Post
    Now if only a Good Samaritan could find that clip and upload it to youtube.... : )
    it's on yahoo screen for free. and it's much funnier within the context of the episode.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Possible Trent insinuation? You be the judge. Taken from the interview here: http://www.avclub.com/article/tori-a...ng-latr-216440

AVC: What would you like to ask the next person?

TA: If you could only express yourself as an instrument, trusting that you had somebody who could play you and play you well, what instrument would you be for a year?

AVC: What’s your answer?

TA: I’d be an electric guitar because I just would. I’ve always wanted to be. I think you usually want to be something that you don’t do.

AVC: No piano for you?

TA: No, I live that. That’s my life.

I would really love to be an electric guitar but played by people who really play it, not people who just smash it up and try and look cool.

AVC: Do you have anyone in mind?

TA: All kinds of people. We’ll leave it at that.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Possible Trent insinuation? You be the judge. Taken from the interview here: http://www.avclub.com/article/tori-a...ng-latr-216440
    That's a huuuuuuuuuge stretch.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone listen to NPR's Invisibilia podcast? I caught some 1 Ghosts I about 7 minutes into the Contagion + Maria Bamford segment of the Entanglement episode:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPl...4&d=01-30-2015

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That's a huuuuuuuuuge stretch.
    If you read it romantically, definitely. Professionally, why not, although there are far better, more inventive guitar players than Reznor...
    I like how double-edged such a silly question can become though... There's a lot of implied sensuality here, made all the more evident by her evasive reply.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    "I would really love to be an electric guitar but played by people who really play it, not people who just smash it up and try and look cool."

perhaps a total Aaron North diss...Tori might secretly still be a huge closet NIN fan so she might know all about the revolving door of guitar players

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Clearly she's talking about Jeff Jarrett.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    "I would really love to be an electric guitar but played by people who really play it, not people who just smash it up and try and look cool."

perhaps a total Aaron North diss...Tori might secretly still be a huge closet NIN fan so she might know all about the revolving door of guitar players
    I wouldn't call 3 main live guitarists over the course of 26 years a "revolving door," especially when one of those was a member for just the early days and then another was a member for around 8 years, then came back and has stuck around for another 6.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninmachine View Post
    NPR always uses Trent's music. From Ghosts to The Social Network, they pretty much use it in a ton of segments as background music, which is then at the forefront once the segments finish.
    Very cool. I knew they were TR friendly, but I didn't know they used his stuff so regularly.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Everyone uses ghosts though, its registration under creative commons makes it perfect for segues and background music, all they have to do is credit NIN somewhere, and they can use it absolutely free...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Everyone uses ghosts though, its registration under creative commons makes it perfect for segues and background music, all they have to do is credit NIN somewhere, and they can use it absolutely free...
    No they can't. It's BY-NC-NA, that means that whilst a non-profit can use it with just attribution, ANY commercial venture has to pay royalties.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Ah, my bad then.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm gonna go ahead and count this as NIN spotting... even though it's technically NOT NIN specifically, Alessandro kind of counts as NIN, and they even name drop Nine Inch Nails in the description, so it technically counts.

So my free local paper announces new concerts every Thursday, and when I saw this I was pretty intrigued ...
    It's apparently an Alessandro Cortini show, but I have no idea what this is supposed to be promoting, but it seems to be some sort of one-off show, as I can't find any other tour dates on the web.

http://www.foxcabaret.com/event/ales...davachi-smith/

http://www.bandsintown.com/AlessandroCortini

But hey, for $14, I'm there!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-20-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I saw him in Brooklyn a few months ago. I had NO idea what to expect, and I had a great time!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    http://www.avclub.com/article/social...aptop-t-216675

Just as the opening-credits sequence in Se7en (which Fincher didn’t direct, except in the sense of having commissioned it—it’s the work of ace title designer Kyle Cooper) uses a remix of Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer” to hair-raising effect, so the score that Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross composed for The Social Network imbues Fincher’s images with an anxious intensity. This particular cue, which is titled “A Familiar Taste” on the released soundtrack (for no reason that I can work out), combines heavy percussion with industrial screeches and a grungy, almost dirty guitar riff; it’s meant to be mildly unsettling, and it works. It’s also used expertly as punctuation. At the end, when Saverin mutters “Holy shit,” the cut back to Zuckerberg’s suddenly concerned expression (he’d looked smug seconds earlier) is accompanied by one final chug of Reznor/Ross noise, after it had seemed that the score had ended. That same effect occurs earlier in the sequence, when the score suddenly drops out as a group of women looks at Facemash, then slams back even louder on a cut to two smirking guys making their choices.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This particular cue, which is titled “A Familiar Taste” on the released soundtrack (for no reason that I can work out) ...
    ... probably because he doesn't know NIN like we do I assumed (or maybe I heard it somewhere) that title was because the track was derived from the already-existing 35 Ghosts IV, not because of anything in the film.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

today on Cracked xD (click on image for more)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Trehuuliuo Rekknizzarrrak. Tre. Huuuuli-uo, Rek-knizzarr-raaaaaaaaa--

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Walking Dead opened with Somewhat Damaged tonight!