Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1656

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wonder how many got pressed and how much theyre charging at the show. Havent seen the price for it

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Wonder how many got pressed and how much theyre charging at the show. Havent seen the price for it
    Someone on Reddit said it was $35 in Cleveland. Sounds like the nightly allotment has been selling out most nights too.

Sounds like there will be (or maybe already is) a version with the same cover and green vinyl available in stores as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Someone on Reddit said it was $35 in Cleveland. Sounds like the nightly allotment has been selling out most nights too.

Sounds like there will be (or maybe already is) a version with the same cover and green vinyl available in stores as well.
    Clear pink at shows, clear green at indie stores. Going for $120+ on eBay when it shows up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Clear pink at shows, clear green at indie stores. Going for $120+ on eBay when it shows up.
    4-3-2-1 Vinyl had about a dozen of them on discogs for $25 someone wiped them out before I tried coming back. If they had that many I'm sure a good number of stores are as well, I'm not paying $100 for any of these 74 variants.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i listened to their new song “So Good” and uh, i think it needs more reznor. i like it. i don’t hate it. but i don’t connect with it like almost everything on IICHLIWP. maybe he’ll do a remix.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i listened to their new song “So Good” and uh, i think it needs more reznor. i like it. i don’t hate it. but i don’t connect with it like almost everything on IICHLIWP. maybe he’ll do a remix.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if the Halsey x NIN era is winding down/finished. If it ends up just being the album, I'm more than happy with the results of this experiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm wondering if the Halsey x NIN era is winding down/finished. If it ends up just being the album, I'm more than happy with the results of this experiment.
    I think a lot of pop stars are embracing this idea of conceptual eras for each album/tour cycle, and my impression is that Halsey has already moved on from her NIN crossover era.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I think a lot of pop stars are embracing this idea of conceptual eras for each album/tour cycle, and my impression is that Halsey has already moved on from her NIN crossover era.
    Likewise. I want IICHLIWP to be the NIN x pop mic drop. I understand the scores opened a whole world of opportunity, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney sought them for more but I'd be disappointed if they were fielding applications from [insert pop star name here] wanting to get the Halsey treatment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Likewise. I want IICHLIWP to be the NIN x pop mic drop. I understand the scores opened a whole world of opportunity, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney sought them for more but I'd be disappointed if they were fielding applications from [insert pop star name here] wanting to get the Halsey treatment.
    Agreed. NIN becoming a "Goth My Album" device is gross and creepy and sad. If this is the last NIN x pop event, I'm okay with that. Although I will NEVER say no to a fucked up NIN remix of some sugary pop bullshit...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Agreed. NIN becoming a "Goth My Album" device is gross and creepy and sad. If this is the last NIN x pop event, I'm okay with that. Although I will NEVER say no to a fucked up NIN remix of some sugary pop bullshit...
    I say that, but if NIN gets a chance to touch a BTS album I'm game just for the TR WT Era hairdo memes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Agreed with the hairdo. I don't know who has been doing Trent's hair for all these years, but man, ever since With Teeth, Trent hair has been one ugly, contrived mess. Looks like he goes to a "fashionable" hair saloon and they tell him "This is the latest fashion" and he goes with it. Ugly. Un-natural. Un-hip. BUT, I love Trent for his music, not his fashion. He is great at music, not so much at fashion. He should have taken some tips from Bowie...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Except that’s not what happened. Halsey a) has been a lifelong NIN fan and b) admitted to trying to copy elements of NIN’s music in their previous work (examples of which you can find in this thread).

This wasn’t a hired gun job, a “get the sound” thing, it was a lifelong dream of Halsey’s.

I think the only reason they took it on was because of that. I don’t see the difference between this record and one done by Saul Williams, Zac De La Rocha, Jane’s Addiction or other unmentionable artists

Would the nose be turned up at St Vincent doing an album with them in the same way? Just because it’s not a trendy, hipster artist, doesn’t make their work any less valid.

I’ll defend this album and the circumstances around it until I’m blue in the face (except maybe the multiple vinyl types)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Except that’s not what happened. Halsey a) has been a lifelong NIN fan and b) admitted to trying to copy elements of NIN’s music in their previous work (examples of which you can find in this thread).

This wasn’t a hired gun job, a “get the sound” thing, it was a lifelong dream of Halsey’s.

I think the only reason they took it on was because of that. I don’t see the difference between this record and one done by Saul Williams, Zac De La Rocha, Jane’s Addiction or other unmentionable artists

Would the nose be turned up at St Vincent doing an album with them in the same way? Just because it’s not a trendy, hipster artist, doesn’t make their work any less valid.

I’ll defend this album and the circumstances around it until I’m blue in the face (except maybe the multiple vinyl types)
    Oh I know the story behind IICHLIWP and I'm totally with you. I know this wasn't some record exec synergizing and I love this album (even if I think it could have been weirder and maybe a liiiiittle less accessible, but that's just me); this and Daddy's Home were two of my favorite albums last year actually, so NIN collaborating with St. VIncent would be an absolute dream. And while I'd never EXPECT Reznor and Ross to go for a "Goth My Album" gig, stranger things have happened.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    TBH, this is the main reason I want to try and catch Halsey’s Red Rocks shows here in a couple weeks - This tour is when I’ll be most likely to hear a setlist that’s mooostly songs from IICHLIWP, so if I’m gonna see her play, and at an amazing venue, this seems like the perfect time to do it. Hope I can make it happen!

Plus, Puscifer is playing Denver the night before, so maybe I can get two birds with one stone. Worth a shot!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i hope they work together again. i love the record. that was solidified by seeing halsey last night in atlanta. they played a ton of love and power. lilith and lighthouse were played back to back and it was so good. reznor’s taped vocals are played during lighthouse but i’m pretty sure i heard him backing on other songs. maybe whispers but i’m not sure now in my next day haze.

they play a totally different version of 1121 live. i think i read this was her demo version and it was fun. a lot less of the sad vibe that the album version has. it made me want to hear her pre-nin versions which i haven’t given much thought to until now.

overall it was a fun, rocking show. if you like this record, you will like the love and power show. all the stars for halsey and a special thank you to reznor for making music with this person. it’s just so good.

side note: the venue is one i’ve been to countless times but it was different last night. first, free parking. what? there’s no free parking in atlanta. that’s just not a thing here. and then half way thru the set, live nation employees brought big cups of COLD water to people who wanted it. for free. i don’t know when this started but it was nice. i’ve seen them give water to people on the rail but i wasn’t anywhere close to the rail. don’t get me wrong, my seats were GOOD. i was a couple rows behind the pit. all this is to say, the effort to make people comfortable was new to me and noticed. there’s some weird things we deal with in these covid times so a little goodwill from live nation seemed like a lot to me.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    reznor’s taped vocals are played during lighthouse but i’m pretty sure i heard him backing on other songs.
    Are you sure it was TR? I remember listening for it at the LA show and thinking it was just one of her musicians singing backup.

On another note, I enjoyed her show at the Hollywood Bowl, but I kind of groaned every time she went into one of her monologues. She somehow has the ability to make even the humblest statement feel a little arrogant. "You guys have no idea how much it means to me that you're here. Your love and support over the years is the reason I HAVE THE BEST FUCKING JOB IN THE WORLD." Almost everything she said had this formula of: humble thing -> humble thing -> BUT LOOK WHERE I AM NOW MOTHERFUCKER. But to be fair, watching footage of Trent in his 20s can have that same eye-rolly effect on 40 year-old me, lol.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I've been wrong before but it sounded very much like him to me. specifically on whispers. it sounded like his whisper voice. I couldn't necessarily see everyone in the band from my vantage point so one of them could've been singing it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The first official instrumentals are up on YouTube, for "Honey" and IANAWIAG. At least I think they're official. Not hearing any vocal traces in there.

This channel now has the entire instrumental album up.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    This channel now has the entire instrumental album up.
    The poster says they'll post a download link for each one when they hit 1000 views. The couple tracks that have surpassed that have DL links posted in the comments already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The poster says they'll post a download link for each one when they hit 1000 views. The couple tracks that have surpassed that have DL links posted in the comments already.
    Damn, I'm impatient haha

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heart emoji

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Goddamn Lilith is funky as hell.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks! Ill give it another spin, maybe third time's the charm?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Thanks! Ill give it another spin, maybe third time's the charm?
    ooohhhh what’s that instrumentals?

…thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 07-06-2022 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Great...now to see on tracking a tour edition and that indie retail one too. Ugh. It grinds my gears that they didn't have this one when I caught the show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Officially up for pre order. Green and Purple variants with the tour art cover. Shippings at least reasonable for a change

https://shop.loveandpower.com/?utm_s...,1WNU2F,N2W1,1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like how it says "only 4 per fan" but you can only cart one of each.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    I like how it says "only 4 per fan" but you can only cart one of each.
    Well, yes, but if you manage to get your hands on more than 4 of them at any time, the police will come to your house.