Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's 8pm, and I can't find this on HBO Max. WTF?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    The entire special is up on HBO Max now. Not being streamed, just posted in full, so you can skip to NIN if you want.
    Where?
    NVm
    Found it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Where?
    Go to the HBO hub section, a little ways down the main page, and there you'll see the new additions, one of them is the induction ceremony. NIN starts at approximately 19:30.

Here's a direct link, no clue if this will work: https://play.hbomax.com/feature/urn:...tdUYuZmAEAAACD

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The NIN portion starts at the 19:45 mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    can somebody miraculously upload it somewhere over the internet?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Had an absolute blast watching the webcast conversation and laughed way more than I thought I was going to, mostly because of Danny. Any kind of virtual thing like this always has a view moments of dead air or technical hiccups but everyone seemed really happy to be there and just seeing them settle in and start shooting the shit was a treat, let alone all the specific touring anecdotes and behind the scenes bits that got shared. The approach of acknowledging the band's whole history, with most of the major players included, and not just pinning it all on Trent feels right and I'm glad they all get to share in the achievement.

Too bad we didn't get to see this collection of members tearing up the stage together - would be very down for Chris and Danny hanging around this lineup's orbit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well that was way too short. Trent's speech was great.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Crumbs its on now.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Did they really have a clip from the Dance Party USA performance or did I just imagine that???

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    We love ya Trent!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    spoiler alert: Spoiler: we’re the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Nice of Trent to thank John Malm I guess

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Awww man, it made me cry. Dear TR, we may drive you bonkers, but you give s good as you get. That's why NIN and their fans are so great together.

I'm so happy he took time to thanks Charlie and Jerome. Even John fucking Malm! That was very decent of him.

I loved the David Letterman clip especially because, as I've said often, it's Letterman's obsession with NIN that made me check them out.

Way too short but still. Happy tears!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Awww man, it made me cry. Dear TR, we may drive you bonkers, but you give s good as you get. That's why NIN and their fans are so great together.

I'm so happy he took time to thanks Charlie and Jerome. Even John fucking Malm! That was very decent of him.

I loved the David Letterman clip especially because, as I've said often, it's Letterman's obsession with NIN that made me check them out.

Way too short but still. Happy tears!

I'll be honest I teared up a bit too. They did an excellent job, even with as short as it was, focusing on NIN being about emotion and connection, the reasons I felt so strongly about the music from the first time I heard it. We're in this together, indeed.

And yeah, we're intense as fuck and drive him out of his mind, but we all know he loves doing the same to us. I'll never read "soon" the same way again, that's for sure. I love that even in his speech he made a way to connect with the fans, not just saying the general "thank you to the fans" but being really snarky-personal about it in that way.

I can't wait until we can all be screaming and dancing together again. idk if you still lurk, but we love you Trent.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I liked how he said that there's still so much more he wants to do, and he needs to get to it.

I can't imagine my life without NIN. It's been such a big part of my life through the years - the constant comfort when I needed it or the ability to channel my rage.
    Thanks Trent.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Man, that video actually brought a tear to my eye, especially when they used one of my favorite Ghosts tracks for the end. Great stuff that cut right to the heart of why the music resonates so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That was great. I cried. NIN is pure magic.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Had an absolute blast watching the webcast conversation and laughed way more than I thought I was going to, mostly because of Danny. Any kind of virtual thing like this always has a view moments of dead air or technical hiccups but everyone seemed really happy to be there and just seeing them settle in and start shooting the shit was a treat, let alone all the specific touring anecdotes and behind the scenes bits that got shared. The approach of acknowledging the band's whole history, with most of the major players included, and not just pinning it all on Trent feels right and I'm glad they all get to share in the achievement.

Too bad we didn't get to see this collection of members tearing up the stage together - would be very down for Chris and Danny hanging around this lineup's orbit.
    Yeah, that’s what’s peeved me the most as well. Imagine what a performance with all of them together would have looked like.

Same with Alan Wilder and Depeche Mode. Worst timing ever.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My day began with the news that a friend, and mentor, of mine died from COVID-19 and, because of this fucking pandemic, I cannot even mourn him in person. Later, I learned that Trump was finally defeated, leaving me feeling grateful. Finally, my day concluded by seeing a band that really has been an integral part of my life getting honored for this immense body of work. To say that my emotions are all over the place would be an understatement. When they initially showed that image of a young Trent tearing into one of his legendary sets, I immediately welled up with tears...The collage of images from this band's career just brought such a flood of memories: NIN really has served as this crucial soundtrack to my life. So, in all, I am thankful to see this day and, as Trent noted, "this journey is far from over if I have any say in it; so let's stop fucking around, patting each other on the back and get to it..."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That was amazing. I watched it with my wife and she was like, “oh. Okay. I get it now.” Trent was humble, generous, and the consummate artist. I look forward to the years to come.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That review was right. The NIN video was the best part of the program. It was put together in such a creative way that screamed Trent. It didn't feel like a typical retrospective piece, like the other inductee videos. I loved hearing Trent talk about his journey and the part that made me smile the most was when he talked about making a connection with people. Clearly, he still feels that and that's what matters to him. That's why he keeps making music. And as someone who's been a fan for a long time, but made a new connection with NIN this year, hearing him talk about that felt so real. I also loved hearing him talk about how happy he is to be on tour. There have been times where I wondered if he even liked being on stage, but hearing him talk about it, it's clear he does love it (even if we drive him crazy). Trent's speech at the end...man I was just filled with so much pride. It was perfect. He remained humble and gracious. I love that he thanked people like Rich and Charlie because they did play a role in the NIN story. And the message to the fans was just precious. It was so Trent and felt so much more genuine than "hey thanks to the fans."

And I loved the final message of ready to move on to the next thing. It makes me very happy that Trent seems hellbent on keeping NIN going and that he's still passionate about it. I can't wait for more NIN in the future. I know Trent isn't too big on awards and such, but I really hope he and the rest of the guys take this moment and let them be proud of what they've accomplished because they've done so much for music and for people. And they continue to inspire and connect with people over 30 years later. Cheers to Trent and the boys.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Loved it. I legit got goosebumps at that very opening lead in where they had the lyric from Hurt and then faded in to the photo of Trent. My kids and husband watched with me and my kids immediately wanted to go watch the Woodstock performance - they were so curious about the mud thing.

We're an "intense bunch" for an intense band. : )

Super happy tonight, riding on good feels from all the good news of the day. This was a good way to close the day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It was also amazing seeing Trent's journey. Going from a kid in Cleveland looking for a way to express himself to covered in mud screaming at the top of his lungs at Woodstock to creating award winning movie scores. What a hell of a journey, Mr. Reznor.
    Last edited by kaydraven; 11-08-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That mini doc was wonderful. I’m not sure who had a hand in putting it together, but it really did look nicer than the other ones.

It sucks that NIN didn’t get the ceremony it deserves BUT - I’m extremely proud to be a NIN fan today.

I remember being a young teen when The Fragile came out, and it completely changed my life. I felt like the loneliest girl in the world until I became friends with that album, and every album he released after that one made me feel a little less isolated and a little less alone. I have danced, screamed, cried and fallen in love to Trent’s music for over half of my life now.

I’m so glad that I get to hear new music from him as an adult. NIN feels like something sincere and thoughtful in a world that is often dishonest and infuriating.

I’ve made a lot of good friends among fans over the years too. I think there’s something special here, and that’s why we are often so hyper critical and difficult as a fanbase. It’s because we expect something exceptional because that’s what we’ve always been given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Trent's induction acceptance speech, via the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    Trent's induction acceptance speech, via the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

Wow did Trent and Malm bury the hatchet?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He did say during the interview yesterday that he had no grudges left any more. I thought that he was just being courteous/casual about it - surely there's SOMEONE he'd be like "oh this fucking guy" about if he ran into them - but if he's out here thanking John Malm for the role he played in NIN's trajectory, maybe he really has just put everything behind him.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Time for a 6 part documentary series on NIN now. Tonight's video was great. I think each "era" needs it's own documentary of that quality.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I doubt Trent and Malm are buddies, but it was at least a sign of recognition that he played a role in Trent getting to this point.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    surely there's SOMEONE he'd be like "oh this fucking guy" about if he ran into them
    Truth be told I'm a moderate NIN fan as far as the history compared to everyone else here, but I instantly thought of Richard Patrick reading that.