Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah looking forward to my physical copy to show up - it looks really nicely put together. The album is really great. I'm yet to decide if I like it more than Strange Little Birds - I fucking love that album.

The Creeps, A Woman Destroyed and Godhead are my instant favorites - especially musically. There's a few slower classic Garbage songs too which are great.

The bonus disc is everything a bonus disc should be, a few great covers, a few collaborative tracks and a few B Sides.

This really is everything an album should be. Garbage are an underrated band (and underrated individual musicians) for sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Anyone who got the vinyl...download card or no?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This is so much better than I expected! I’ve only heard it twice through now but “Uncomfortably Me” is getting a lot of love as is “A Woman Destroyed” and “Flipping The Bird.” I really like “The Men Who Rule The World” too.

Haven’t dived into the bonus disc yet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I purchased a deluxe edition bundle with the CD and vinyl so I don’t know if that makes a difference but I did not relieve a download card.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I purchased a deluxe edition bundle with the CD and vinyl so I don’t know if that makes a difference but I did not relieve a download card.
    Ugh. Gotcha,thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I purchased the deluxe vinyl...no download card.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My favorite:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Has anyone in the US been able to order the Beautiful Garbage anniversary LP from the official store or elsewhere? I've clicked on the link in their FB/IG account and it takes me to the official store which only has the deluxe version, and it says "not available". I've also seen it in the Sound of Vinyl page: https://thesoundofvinyl.us/products/...autifulgarbage

I have not seen the CD version in any US-based website. Do you guys think it'll be available on Amazon at some point?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Has anyone in the US been able to order the Beautiful Garbage anniversary LP from the official store or elsewhere? I've clicked on the link in their FB/IG account and it takes me to the official store which only has the deluxe version, and it says "not available". I've also seen it in the Sound of Vinyl page: https://thesoundofvinyl.us/products/...autifulgarbage

I have not seen the CD version in any US-based website. Do you guys think it'll be available on Amazon at some point?
    Still not on Amazon, but is on Amazon UK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    SOV20OFF for 20% off sound of vinyl orders, if that's appealing. Hopefully it still works, it did for me yesterday.. I splurged and got the 3lp version because of that. I have the original vinyl pressing, which is now probably worth nothing ha.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-18-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    SOV20OFF for 20% off sound of vinyl orders, if that's appealing. Hopefully it still works, it did for me yesterday.. I splurged and got the 3lp version because of that. I have the original vinyl pressing, which is now probably worth nothing ha.
    The discount code still works! I'm torn between getting NIN's Broken and the standard Beautiful Garbage version (to get the free shipping with orders over $50) or go with the deluxe Beautiful Garbage version. How good are the B-Sides?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The discount code still works! I'm torn between getting NIN's Broken and the standard Beautiful Garbage version (to get the free shipping with orders over $50) or go with the deluxe Beautiful Garbage version. How good are the B-Sides?
    The beautifulgarbage b-sides are pretty much on par with the first two albums. Maybe overall a little less consistent. There's alt rock like Begging Bone, experimental stuff like Happiness and Confidence, obligatory covers like the first two albums with Candy Says and Wild Horses, a total joke of a track like I'm Really Into Techno, and then the rest is pretty much typical Garbage. April Tenth is a straight up diamond though, it's basically garbage doing trip hop.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-18-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The beautifulgarbage b-sides are pretty much on par with the first two albums. Maybe overall a little less consistent. There's alt rock like Begging Bone, experimental stuff like Happiness and Confidence, obligatory covers like the first two albums with Candy Says and Wild Horses, a total joke of a track like I'm Really Into Techno, and then the rest is pretty much typical Garbage. April Tenth is a straight up diamond though, it's basically garbage doing trip hop.

Well, I decided to splurge on the 3LP as well, thanks to the code you shared. Based on my purchase I decided to read again the Beautiful Garbage chapter from the book they released some years ago, found out that the video for Androgyny premiered a day before 9/11. Bad timing. The book mentions that this tragic event, combined with Limp Bizkit being on the rise (and in general, the music trends at the time -nu metal and boy bands-) contributed to this record being a flop. Just watched the video for Androgyny after a veeery long time (around this time I was watching MTV on a daily basis) and man, they were so ahead of their time. Today, standing up for LGBTQ+ rights is nothing abnormal, it's part of the mainstream (so to speak), but 20 years ago it was unheard of! I was 16 at the time that video came out, and I remember it was odd seeing two girls kissing, but didn't give much thought to the meaning/stance behind the video and the lyrics. Fast forward to 2021, and I pay much more attention to the lyrics...and wow. "Why can't we all just get along?" Still relevant to this day.

To be honest this is/was the only Garbage record I didn't own physically, mostly because I'd heard and read that this was not a good album, below the rest of their discography, but the IG post from the band/Shirley about the reissue made it sound like they are really proud of this album, listened to the album in full for the first time yesterday...and yes, not better than some of their records, but it still is a strong album.

Another interesting bit from the book:
    Years later, Manson found herself on a long international flight, in conversation with a "very, very famous rock star who I cannot name. He sat next to me and told me that he had witnessed a discussion - this a true story- at Interscope about whether they were going to 'plow their money into Garbage' or whether they were going to 'plow their money into No Doubt'. Well, we all know where they put the money in the end".
    (implying that the money had gone to No Doubt, and well, where is No Doubt today?)
    Last edited by cahernandez; 08-19-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    As a No Doubt fan - something must've happened between Gwen, Tony, Tom and Adrian because there has been no (at least visibly) communication between them since she took off. Just the other night she performed "Don't Speak" at Blake's concert. I think it's messed up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    beautifulgarbage was their last album I bought. There are a couple of songs I still enjoy today, like Shut Your Mouth and Parade. After that, I kept a little bit up to date, listening to singles here and there, but I had moved on. I never thought they were bad, but it just wasn't something I was looking for anymore. Still love Version 2.0. I did listen twice at the latest, some good stuff.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey guys and gals, do you think the tour with Alanis Morissette will be canceled at some point due to the Delta variant? I have a tickets for one of the last stops of this tour (in Concord CA, Bay Area, September 29th), and I'll be traveling from Mexico for this (I'm currently working remotely for a company in the Bay Area, that's why I picked this date). The tour has already passed through TX, AR, NC, FL, GA (aka some of the parts that have been hit the roughest by Covid) and I haven't seen any hiccups so far (on Garbage's social media). Should I make the trip? (to give you more context: because of work I was supposed to be back in the office by the end of September, but because of the Delta strain my back to the office date is now beginning of November, so I bought the ticket thinking that I was going to be already in Cali by the time of the show. I will also use this trip to get the Pfizer shot -vaccines are not that available in Mexico- and see FNM in Oakland on October 18th).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hey guys and gals, do you think the tour with Alanis Morissette will be canceled at some point due to the Delta variant? I have a tickets for one of the last stops of this tour (in Concord CA, Bay Area, September 29th), and I'll be traveling from Mexico for this (I'm currently working remotely for a company in the Bay Area, that's why I picked this date). The tour has already passed through TX, AR, NC, FL, GA (aka some of the parts that have been hit the roughest by Covid) and I haven't seen any hiccups so far (on Garbage's social media). Should I make the trip? (to give you more context: because of work I was supposed to be back in the office by the end of September, but because of the Delta strain my back to the office date is now beginning of November, so I bought the ticket thinking that I was going to be already in Cali by the time of the show. I will also use this trip to get the Pfizer shot -vaccines are not that available in Mexico- and see FNM in Oakland on October 18th).
    All's been well so far, but there's really no way to tell... I would definitely keep a close eye on things, but outdoor venues seem to be (for now) relatively safe and unaffected. Yes, there's exceptions to that rule for sure (NIN, Garth Brooks) - and god forbid if any band members test positive at any point (see: KoRn), then that would certainly derail the tour at least temporarily. My show's in less than 3 weeks and I'm still skeptical. Like you said, they've already been touring through areas where case numbers are at their highest in the country. That could be a good sign.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    beautifulgarbage was their last album I bought. There are a couple of songs I still enjoy today, like Shut Your Mouth and Parade. After that, I kept a little bit up to date, listening to singles here and there, but I had moved on. I never thought they were bad, but it just wasn't something I was looking for anymore. Still love Version 2.0. I did listen twice at the latest, some good stuff.
    Same. I was into Garbage, Version 2.0, and beautifulgarbae, and then haven't bought one since NGNM. I DID see both of the 20th anniversary shows, amazing stuff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Okay.. I love love love this band, and garbage and 2.0 were honestly pretty monumental in getting me through high school. But I don't like how the band rests on their laurels when it comes to those first two albums. Are they amazing? Classics? Career-defining? Probably yes, yes, and more yes. But for them to state in the beautifulgarbage 20th press release how proud they were (and are) of that album and how songs from it still stick around in their setlists to this day (what, Cherry Lips? That's really the only one with any consistency) - then they hardly played anything off Strange Little Birds on that whole entire tour. And I realize these Alanis sets are short, but they're seemingly pretending like they don't even have a new album that just came out.

I thought that the Garbage and 2.0 anniversary tours would've gotten all that out of their system but if anything it's just made them double down and focus even more on those songs in concert. It's kind of where I'm at with Depeche Mode in that I don't understand why you want to put so much time and effort into making new music, and then tour in "support" of it but yet hardly play anything from it.

/rant

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Concerts have always been about playing the hits - that's their money makers, and what people want to hear. When I went to the 2.0 Anniversary show, my friend and I were having dinner before the show, and a middle-aged couple that was sitting next to us was also going to show. They were saying, "Oh, I can't wait to hear her sing I'm Only Happy When It Rains!" and I was like, "Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's not. This is the 2.0 show only." And the middle-aged couple were so confused and were like, "But why?! That's their number 1 song!"

You think NIN plays Closer at every show because they want to?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Concerts have always been about playing the hits - that's their money makers, and what people want to hear. When I went to the 2.0 Anniversary show, my friend and I were having dinner before the show, and a middle-aged couple that was sitting next to us was also going to show. They were saying, "Oh, I can't wait to hear her sing I'm Only Happy When It Rains!" and I was like, "Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's not. This is the 2.0 show only." And the middle-aged couple were so confused and were like, "But why?! That's their number 1 song!"

You think NIN plays Closer at every show because they want to?
    It's really disturbing to me how people can't even use a single brain cell to realize they're buying a ticket to a very obviously themed show like that. I wasn't able to catch a 2.0 show, but I did see a self titled anniversary show, and Shirley had to actually say on multiple occasions that nothing newer than 1996 would be played all night. I think she lied cuz they did some 2.0 songs in the encore, but it's like... ugh, people. Same ones that buy a $80 ticket and loudly chat to their friend all night long.

It's not even really 'playing the hits' that's bothering me - and NIN is a great example. C+B+I tour if you look, the "trilogy" was what got played the most on that tour. I feel like that should be the case every time a band goes out and plays. Maybe I'm just old school. *shrug*

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's really disturbing to me how people can't even use a single brain cell to realize they're buying a ticket to a very obviously themed show like that. I wasn't able to catch a 2.0 show, but I did see a self titled anniversary show, and Shirley had to actually say on multiple occasions that nothing newer than 1996 would be played all night. I think she lied cuz they did some 2.0 songs in the encore, but it's like... ugh, people. Same ones that buy a $80 ticket and loudly chat to their friend all night long.

It's not even really 'playing the hits' that's bothering me - and NIN is a great example. C+B+I tour if you look, the "trilogy" was what got played the most on that tour. I feel like that should be the case every time a band goes out and plays. Maybe I'm just old school. *shrug*
    No man, you are not old school. When they released Strange Little Birds it killed me that they only played 3-4 songs of that album during the tour that was supposedly supporting that album. To me SLB is Top 2 Garbage, call me crazy but I think No Gods No Masters is their best (these guys are like a good wine, they get better with age). So it also kills me to see that they are hardly playing stuff from their latest in this tour, although it is a bit more understandable in this particular tour, since they are supporting a nostalgia act (Alanis), and most of Alanis' fanbase are only there for the old hits. They gotta play it safe to please the Alanis fanbase. I'll still go see this tour.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Double post: I have one ticket for the tour with Alanis in Concord, CA but I won't be able to attend due to personal reasons. I'm trying to sell it right now in the Live Nation website but I don't think I'll have any luck. I'm willing to give it away to someone on this board, I don't want the ticket to go to waste. I'll wait to part with my ticket until the morning of Wednesday Sept. 29 (a week from now, the day of the show) to see if I can sell the ticket. If you are interested in this deal send me a PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I got around to listening to the Beautifulgarbage b-side CD (disc 2 on the set). I am a big fan of the album and always wanted to hear b-sides from that era. I think that these songs are great, but I see why none of the songs are on the album proper. They sound like Garbage songs from that era, but none would have really fit the flow of the album.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-07-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Garbage just announced a North American tour with Noel Gallagher! Can’t wait for this. Live Nation Pre-Sale at 10 AM tomorrow. Anyone have a code? Who can keep track of all these different types of Pre-Sales anyway…

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Garbage just announced a North American tour with Noel Gallagher! Can’t wait for this. Live Nation Pre-Sale at 10 AM tomorrow. Anyone have a code? Who can keep track of all these different types of Pre-Sales anyway…
    Can't seem to find the presale. I'm not really worried about it selling out in a day. I would like to see this tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Can't seem to find the presale. I'm not really worried about it selling out in a day. I would like to see this tour.
    Think this works for all the shows....
    Password:
    CHORUS

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Got a ticket for Concord CA! Since they are headliners this time around (as opposed to the last tours with Alanis and Tears for Fears) I'm hoping they play more from No Masters No Gods.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Special edition of Bleed Like Me will be released on 4/5. First time it will be released on vinyl.