Apparently this is a controversial opinion:

I think that guy shouting "Yeah you are!" in response to Trent singing "I am still right here" at Panorama is a total fucking piece of shit, just like everybody else who screams anything during any quiet song, especially "Hurt." I saw like 10 comments in the various threads here on ets talking about how funny and cool it was, but... it wasn't that funny. It was a dumb generic yell by some douchebag who can't stand to not be the center of attention for 2 minutes. That shit is always such a huge bummer and it's incredibly enraging. Screaming at the band during a quiet, emotional song isn't suddenly okay just because you scream something "funny."

In Bakersfield, during the first several lines of "Hurt" the audience was completely silent. It was absolutely amazing. I've seen NIN 4 times and I've heard "Hurt" 4 times and it was shaping up to be the absolute most insane, incredible experience ever. It was completely surreal - Trent would pause between lines and it was just complete silence, you could hear somebody cough in the back of the stadium seats, from the rail. But at a certain point, some fucking moron decided to scream "YEAHHH WOOHOO" or whatever random bullshit people scream. Once he broke the seal, it gave allll the other drunk dumbfuck pieces of shit carte blanche to start hooting and hollering as well. It ruined a very intimate, personal moment for the vast majority of people there.

Some of you guys may have seen NIN or heard certain songs enough times that the emotional effect has worn off, but the last thing anybody needs to be doing is encouraging idiots to scream during "Hurt."