Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Blu ray babyyyyy

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Long story short, the quality will suffer with the file you have authoring it to blu ray. I’m going to ramble later. But if you want to do it, I can’t stop you.
    Based on this advice I change from Blu-Ray to DVD! I think we probably all want this to be the best quality possible. I will leave the format choice to the experts as I am definitely not one and if in the end whatever has been decided I will be happy with.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm curious what ninlive will have to say when he rambles later, but based on that message, I say wait until he's able to send the appropriate files over. No point in doing a sub par release of this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I want this Blu-ray desperately…

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Count me in for a Blu-Ray please!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did I say I will have a first draft ready by Sunday? Silly me.

First draft is ready. I spend all night working on it, I hope it wont disappoint. Will create ISO file tonight, and play with it. Will even happily share the file to a select few to test out (if you got a bluray burner, pls DM me) once I am happy with it.

Of course, knowing @ninlive has great insight, I will not make final decisions without his seal of approval. This is his baby, I am merely babysitting it.

If there is a higher quality master file, I will replace it (or share my authoring file with @ninlive).

Second draft: I will add subtitles, improve the UI, and aim to have a stellar copy ready. Second draft will be done by Sunday, October 8th.

One issue: my laptop cannot handle the craziness of the files, and occasionally crashes due to overheating. Creating ISO may take a few revisions if that's the case. Might move project to a desktop...

Oh and I will also create a DVD file if possible (no guarantees but I don't think it'll be complicated).

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Ok, so here are some thoughts from me. This may go all over the board. But @shagg_187 I never received an email from you and I just checked my PMs here. So I had no idea you were arranging something like this until this morning.

Yeah, I'd still like to get this off the ground. But I'd also like to get the archive to a database site. I am currently working on confirming all the datapoints that are correct before moving forward. As well as a new site redesign. So that has been taking up a lot of my time and why there haven't been much in terms of updates from me on any front...

Now, for this release. It's been somewhat frustrating for me because:

1) Never received the board feed and many years ago ruled that out. It will never happen, everyone has moved on.

2) No one will respond from the TOIOU group who edited this about who has the master file. If anyone actually does. It absolutely baffles me. I was never sent it. So all I have is what I have now from the digital release. No one knows who has the login for the YouTube page too. It's just a mess. I still have all the raw angles. But was never given the final edit in some raw form. The h.265 file you have is nice.... for distributing digitally. It's still compressed a ton, but still keeps decent quality for digital release. Honestly, I wouldn't want a physical release to stem from that. I am very disappointed how disorganized TOIOU can be at times with stuff like this.

3) There are already menus/graphics made. They are really cool. I am sorry that you put a lot of work in to it. I'd love to see what you have done and maybe we scrap the ones we have made already. The one rate limiting step that I have from this is that I don't have any packaging. Owen Winn, who did some of the art, has fallen off the face of the earth. I have exhausted all avenues to contact him. I wanted to keep the continuity of artwork with the packaging. I can still message my good friend, Rob M. (not Sheridan) to see if he has any interest in working on new artwork for this. But I know he is very busy on his own art projects he has going on.

4) I've already have some extra packaging made whenever I was going to get this done.

To conclude, you can do what you want. But I would advise to not proceed with the pressing of this. Just because there was a lot of work involved in order to even make this film, the file in which you are using is inferior and not the quality I'd like to see copied onto media and I'd like to make sure I have exhausted all options. Plus I already have some of the additional packaging made. I'd be pretty bummed not to be able to finish what I started. I hope you don't feel as if I am gatekeeping this release. I think there have been other things going on that made me stop thinking about this.

Tell you what, I'll make some emails today and circle back with any updates I can find. Sadly, the TOIOU Google Group has been deleted and I wish I could go back through and see who may have the master files. But that would be where I need to start.

Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I'm curious what ninlive will have to say when he rambles later, but based on that message, I say wait until he's able to send the appropriate files over. No point in doing a sub par release of this.
    I don't think I've ever released something that I've done myself that is sub par. So this checks out. I wouldn't want this to be the first.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That's a real bummer that the uncompressed files aren't available. I agree that it doesn't seem worth proceeding with inferior quality files.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hey hey, count me in. Who do I give the Bux to?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you for the kind feedback, @ninlive. I send an email to info@ninlive , probably the wires got disconnected somewhere. I am glad you took time to respond to this. I am also glad there is a lot of legwork already done!

Unfortunate to hear about the missing files. Hopefully our enthusiasm gave you and others who worked so hard on this a reason to not abandon this project. This is truly a treasure and needs the best possible release.

Thanks again for pursuing this for so long. Hopefully you get your answers soon.
    Last edited by shagg_187; 10-04-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    First draft is ready. I spend all night working on it, I hope it wont disappoint. Will create ISO file tonight, and play with it. Will even happily share the file to a select few to test out (if you got a bluray burner, pls DM me) once I am happy with it.
    Oh yeah, echoing what ninlive said, I definitely don't recommend going forward with the web file as the source. I thought you were going to do everything but insert the main feature, since the 4.6GB file is clearly not suitable for blu-ray authoring. I didn't realize that ninlive doesn't have the master editing file either though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Man, I was so excited about this. Thought... could AI be used to "raise" the quality of the video file for a physical release?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Man, I was so excited about this. Thought... could AI be used to "raise" the quality of the video file for a physical release?
    You can use Topaz Labs to get really good results, but it's $300, and nothing beats original source file. Hopefully ninlive can get the folks who have it.

https://www.topazlabs.com/topaz-video-ai

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Thank you for the kind feedback, @ninlive. I send an email to info@ninlive , probably the wires got disconnected somewhere. I am glad you took time to respond to this. I am also glad there is a lot of legwork already done!

Unfortunate to hear about the missing files. Hopefully our enthusiasm gave you and others who worked so hard on this a reason to not abandon this project. This is truly a treasure and needs the best possible release.

Thanks again for pursuing this for so long. Hopefully you get your answers soon.
    I have sent out emails to all parties that may be able to help with the footage. Y'all may remember Torgo (Alex) and I have had no luck getting in contact with her.

I have always been enthusiastic about the release of this. Mind you, it took two years for everyone to edit this footage. Looking back, I could have probably done more of this in order to get it done quicker. I'm not here to gripe though, it is what it is and we definitely were holding out because management/Rob told me on numerous occasions that a board mix was coming. It was 10 years ago, I still cringe how dumb I was. Ha!

You can use Topaz Labs to get really good results, but it's $300, and nothing beats original source file. Hopefully ninlive can get the folks who have it.

https://www.topazlabs.com/topaz-video-ai
    I have used this on other videos and edits that have been done in the past. The best way to achieve really good results is having uncompressed, raw video files in order to work from.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I have sent out emails to all parties that may be able to help with the footage. Y'all may remember Torgo (Alex) and I have had no luck getting in contact with her.
    A couple years ago I was talking with @Ash512 about a possible project with some unused TOIOU footage (that never took off because of my lack of time), and it seems that he's still lurking here from time to time. Maybe he can help?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thought... New direction on the video. Maybe a compressed file isn't so bad. Maybe use that and go in a art glitch video style like what Rob was doing for all the art work? Like grainey analog glitches and artifacts? Think, art house music video meets concert video? Idk, just a thought.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Thought... New direction on the video. Maybe a compressed file isn't so bad. Maybe use that and go in a art glitch video style like what Rob was doing for all the art work? Like grainey analog glitches and artifacts? Think, art house music video meets concert video? Idk, just a thought.
    It's like watching a cell phone video from 2005 on an HDTV. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone and would be sad to see the film presented in that fashion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can someone @RobSheridan for the soundboard? He's active on Patreon and social media and it would be relevant to his interests to have this completed in best possible quality. Maybe he can convince his friend to seed0 it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Can someone @RobSheridan for the soundboard? He's active on Patreon and social media and it would be relevant to his interests to have this completed in best possible quality. Maybe he can convince his friend to seed0 it.
    Please don't bother him with stuff like this. He has no involvement in the band(s) anymore or ability to release anything like this. This is entirely within the purview of management about whether to provide it or not, and they have failed to follow through.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Yes, please don’t. This came from management. Not Rob.

I am also very happy with the aud mix we have for the release anyways.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey there guys!

Ryan reached out by mail, I replied a couple of days ago.
    I don't have the master file, I'm not sure I ever had it because I don't think I did the color grading final outputs for those. But what I do have is the full drive with all the original footage and original Final Cut Pro 7 projects (which can't be opened on current OS). I'm sure some of you guys could figure out how to open the project and reexport everything. I'll also try to see if someone with a FCP 7 workstation somewhere could open the project and export and XML timeline that could be imported in modern softwares.

I also have the full drives for all TOIOU projects (TDS Live, AVOTT The Gift and Vegas). I do have the ProRes masters for those. Some kind of restoration could be done, especially with AVOTT The Gift which could use an entirely new color grade that don't over contrast everything. At some point, I think it'd be good to backup all of those and send a few copies out for archiving.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So uhh... guess this is happening now.

Got someone to convert that old FCP 7 project file, and now I can open it and reexport a brand new master.

You're welcome!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    So uhh... guess this is happening now.

Got someone to convert that old FCP 7 project file, and now I can open it and reexport a brand new master.

You're welcome!
    Awesome news!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @Ash512 hero

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @Ash512 Thank you for the legwork getting all this going again. I’d love to archive this stuff. I’d add this stuff to my Seedbox for the archive.

Here are things that are needed now… because it’s a new export, and I don’t have the animations for the intro and credits, we will
    Need to recreate them. Also need the HTDA Audio mix again. @DVYDRNS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ball rolling? Let's fucking go!!

@ninlive might need to reopen the sign-up sheet again.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @Ash512 Thank you for the legwork getting all this going again. I’d love to archive this stuff. I’d add this stuff to my Seedbox for the archive.

Here are things that are needed now… because it’s a new export, and I don’t have the animations for the intro and credits, we will
    Need to recreate them. Also need the HTDA Audio mix again. @DVYDRNS
    I MAY have the audio mix on an old raid drive.. it's in storage. the audio final used should be in the project file tho. shoot me an email to discuss. I also may be able to assist migrating from FC7 to something newer like resolve.

dp@davypelletier.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Hey there guys!

Ryan reached out by mail, I replied a couple of days ago.
    I don't have the master file, I'm not sure I ever had it because I don't think I did the color grading final outputs for those. But what I do have is the full drive with all the original footage and original Final Cut Pro 7 projects (which can't be opened on current OS). I'm sure some of you guys could figure out how to open the project and reexport everything. I'll also try to see if someone with a FCP 7 workstation somewhere could open the project and export and XML timeline that could be imported in modern softwares.

I also have the full drives for all TOIOU projects (TDS Live, AVOTT The Gift and Vegas). I do have the ProRes masters for those. Some kind of restoration could be done, especially with AVOTT The Gift which could use an entirely new color grade that don't over contrast everything. At some point, I think it'd be good to backup all of those and send a few copies out for archiving.
    AVOTT re-color? Yes please. Release was too punchy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Any updates?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Update: Still giving a few people some time to respond if they want to dig up their art/recreate some new art for this.

I have sent a hard drive to Ash in order to get all of the files and get it all initialized.