Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1303

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New single released. It's a track that they started writing on the .5 album and have worked at it since then during "jam sessions" while on tour. I'm enjoying it more than anything on the last album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Dope song. I was hyped abou TESF, and I loved it hard at first, but it fell off quickly. Just revisited it for the first time since the month it came out, and it’s a pretty middle of the pack album imo. There are some truly great songs like Acidic and Finale, but there are some that are fairly run of the mil like Chapeltown and Heirloom. The record definitely shows off why Corey is one of the best vocalists in rock/metal today though. Really interested in what this band does after the label deal expires in April.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Really dig this track. Adderall should have been more like this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ummm... what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Craig Jones' response...........................

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    And the tweet has been deleted.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Most obvious statement in the world incoming: something is deeply wrong with this band.

Was that suit with Chris Fehn ever resolved?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well how about something less expected?

They've now shared an image of someone new??

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Craig was my favorite mask
    Last edited by ickyvicky; 06-08-2023 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, so clips from tonight’s show are starting to surface and indeed, it’s someone new on keys/samples. Damn, let the speculation begin.

Sort of just a black outfit with mask and hood. Here is the first shitty quality pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/CtNMIWGO...QyN2ExYTkwZQ==

And here’s a new video from Jay where you can see him on the right:

Last edited by october_midnight; 06-07-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Either, it is indeed, a new member... Or this is the most peculiar way to announce a mask change.

Post is still on Knotfest' insta page, announcing the departure, with Clown sitting out of the tour to take care of his Wife. Damn, fans are being pulled in sorts of directions.

Quote Originally Posted by gorast
    Was that suit with Chris Fehn ever resolved?
    It wound up not going anywhere, with Fehn voluntarily discontinuing the suit.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-07-2023 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So, a lot to take in over the past day or so. First off, it's definitely not Craig. Maybe it's a tech? Regardless it seems like it'll be permanent. Just looking at him, he's taller, moves differently...it's definitely not Craig. Check out the 'Liberate' video below for some pretty steady footage. That being said, they busted out a new intro before starting with 'The Blister Exists' for the first time in years, and also played 'Purity' and the aforementioned 'Liberate' for the first time in a long while. Live premiere of 'Yen' as well.

This clip from earlier today is the same footage used in the intro. edit: it apparently leads to youcantkillme.com which has their new music video:

Last edited by october_midnight; 06-08-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    God I wish that Prelude intro was done live. Were the drums live or was it all just backing? That's probably the one track I'd love to hear them pull off. I'm a huge Vol. 3 lover and to see them play that record in full somehow live would be a dream.

Must admit, even watching on YouTube, the Blister Exists kicking in gets the blood pumping. What a fucking opener!

It's been a weird few days in the Slipknot camp. Time will tell what's happening, but the Adderall EP is dropping tomorrow with a bunch of demos of that track, and related b-side stuff. It will be interesting to see what unfolds now.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    New EP comin out tonight for Adderall. Three different versions of the track (No Intro, Rough Demo, Instrumental) and then 3 ambient instrumental tracks.

WTF is going on in Slipknot world right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    New EP comin out tonight for Adderall. Three different versions of the track (No Intro, Rough Demo, Instrumental) and then 3 ambient instrumental tracks.

WTF is going on in Slipknot world right now.
    It's weird, Death March is just the intro to Adderall, and Hard to Be Here is the instrumental to the Rough Demo. Just a head scratcher.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    It's weird, Death March is just the intro to Adderall, and Hard to Be Here is the instrumental to the Rough Demo. Just a head scratcher.
    Yeah I'm really confused what the point of this EP is. Like, it's neat I guess to get the other versions, but like at the same time, are we going to do an EP for all the other singles? It's just so weird. Announced Departure of OG member, deleted the post, played new set fifteen minutes after announcement, already had new member replaced, and now we get some cryptic website that leads to a random EP that really doesn't add anything to anything. Not complaining about it, it's just... weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im usually a Sucker for rough demos and things like this. But the other tracks are literally random clips from either a demo or an Instrumental, I mean if they do this for all the hit songs then ok? but they could put way better material out than this, Toss in a remix or an unreleased track or something.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Maybe the band is getting tired. Corey Taylor is 50 now. That type of music is a young man's (or woman's) game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Maybe the band is getting tired. Corey Taylor is 50 now. That type of music is a young man's (or woman's) game.
    Oh, they're definitely approaching the end, no doubt. There's a recent Clown interview where he's quite frank with coming to terms with it.

“The only god we’ve ever known is to get on the road, play our music and tour,” he begins. “I always wanted that salvation in my day. Growing up in an alcoholic family, music was the gift that helped me get out. But I can promise you that we won’t tour like we used to, because if we keep pushing like we used to, I don’t think we’ll be able to keep up.”

Clown doesn’t want anyone to be alarmed by those words. Closing some doors simply allows for the opening of others. “I can see smaller venues, with more dates,” he suggests. “Wouldn’t it be great if we had seven days in New York City or London or anywhere, at a reasonably sized venue, and played every album in its entirety – with intros, outfits, production and everything from that time period? That could be cool. There are some songs we’ve never played live. Places we’ve never been. That’s unacceptable!”

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ I wouldn't wanna experience what it would be like, to try and get tickets for full album performances in a smaller venue, this day in age from a band as big as Slipknot is.

While I did enjoy Adderall for what it was, an EP for it... cool, I guess? The release, and the cryptic nonsense, is a tad tiresome at this point. More, in depth information will follow, but everything right now from the band, seems very disjointed.

... The End, So Far, indeed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Corey had neck surgery a few years back. Jim had back surgery. Shawn & Sid have both had assorted injuries over the years. Mick dropped a lot of weight prior to the latest tour. These guys are all getting older.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Corey said they’re looking at doing a handful of shows next year for the 25th anniversary of the self titled record. Take my money. He sounds as good live now as he ever has so I cannot wait to hear more of that album live.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Live at MSG coming out on Vinyl in August. Roadrunner over here milking that contract as much as possible before it's up. All joking aside though, that recording fuckin' rips so I'm almost surely going to pick this up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Jay is no longer a part of slipknot. Really bums me out as he is my favorite living drummer. Not sure who they’ll get to fill in next but I am worried that this band might be cooked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    not even 5 months since this lmao

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What the fuck? There’s gotta be a story behind the scenes because Jay was literally just out promoting Slipknot and his drumming like last weekend.

The hell is going on over in Slipknot world

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    What the fuck? There’s gotta be a story behind the scenes because Jay was literally just out promoting Slipknot and his drumming like last weekend.

The hell is going on over in Slipknot world
    For sure, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a bigger cut. This is a huge loss for the band, the fans loved him and he seemed like he treated it as a dream job..

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Imagine getting to join your favorite band of all time, replacing your favorite drummer of all time, and being universally accepted as a perfect replacement for that drummer, only to later be fired by the band and (probably) replaced by the fucking Clown's son.