Page 248 of 263 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,440 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I went to tool shows from like 1997, up until the time they played the same set list as the last time I saw them...this was in the early 2000s. Oh, also, Maynard decided to start playing with his back to the audience (not unlike his friend Tricky,) and that was at least INTERESTING, with Osseous Labyrint, but then, yeah. No.
    I THINK I'll just keep the memories. (and my $175 dollars or whatever.)
    I saw them very early on a fair amount & have a gold record for Green Jello. I don't think I've seen them in a large arena but did see them in a small theater when they were that big. Oh & they had King Crimson open in the theater~! Robert Fripp sat at the back of the stage hunched over his electronics like an evil troll. Outstanding! Getting tickets for that show was insanity.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    They did Hooker with a Penis last night in Eugene.
    Maynard reads ETS confirmed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was checking Setlist.fm last night to see what they played and I have to agree that it's a pretty strong setlist to kick off the tour! Nice to see Right In Two, Hooker, and the original version of Pushit in there. The Patient is a favorite of mine, too, so it's always welcome. The only thing I'd be disappointed in is the lack of 7empest, which is probably the #1 song I hope to see them play here in MN. I would gladly trade Invincible for 7empest and it's better suited for the final song of the night, anyway. To me, 7empest is to Tool what Spit Out the Bone was to Metallica.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I was checking Setlist.fm last night to see what they played and I have to agree that it's a pretty strong setlist to kick off the tour! Nice to see Right In Two, Hooker, and the original version of Pushit in there. The Patient is a favorite of mine, too, so it's always welcome. The only thing I'd be disappointed in is the lack of 7empest, which is probably the #1 song I hope to see them play here in MN. I would gladly trade Invincible for 7empest and it's better suited for the final song of the night, anyway. To me, 7empest is to Tool what Spit Out the Bone was to Metallica.
    They will most likely rotate 7empest in and out as the tour goes like they did on that earlier part of the tour that got interrupted.
    I also don't think they'll retire old hits for good. Totally expect them to rotate Jambi/Stinkfist/Schism/46+2 in the slots where Pot/Pushit/Patient were played and let's say 7empest+Vicarious instead of Right in 2 + Invincible. Also Sweat/Intolerance/Part of Me instead of Opiate.

They really grew out of the stale setlist situation they had 10-12 years ago.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hmmmm. Perhaps it IS like Spit Out The Bone, considering I'm not aware of that track and the last time I saw Metallica was when they toured for the black album.

I'm not saying I don't LIKE the new record, or 10k Days.

It's just that, the tool setlist I'D like to see- well, I've already seen it, pretty much, like 20 (plus) years ago.

I'd still LOVE to see them again, but the price has been ruff as of late.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    a friend asked me to go with her to the boise show. i have zero interest in seeing them again, but she doesn't want to go alone.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    a friend asked me to go with her to the boise show. i have zero interest in seeing them again, but she doesn't want to go alone.
    Are you also not thrilled by the setlist? Or, is it "been there, done that?"
    Or is it the attitudes of certain band members?

It's all three for me. But I'd still go, one last time, if I had a lot of money, and they were playing near me.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i just don't care anymore. seeing tool once was enough.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wish I was OGT! But as I just got into Tool in 2018, it's all still new to me, which is a fun place to be. The concerts are all fresh to me, and it's so exciting to plan to see them! This setlist is great and has things I didn't see in 2019/ early 2020. I can't wait for March (I have tix to 3 shows)!!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    your a fb friend so you've seen my partner. he went to school with maynard in michigan and says he was really nice and thoughtful.

when i tell him how he hates his fans and resents his cash cow, he doesn't get it.

anyway, hope the show will be better than the one i saw in 2002. at least i'm not paying for it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    your a fb friend so you've seen my partner. he went to school with maynard in michigan and says he was really nice and thoughtful.

when i tell him how he hates his fans and resents his cash cow, he doesn't get it.

anyway, hope the show will be better than the one i saw in 2002. at least i'm not paying for it.
    idk man. Sometimes I think it's meant to be ironic, and create discourse.

Other times, I think the man is just a terrible prick.

I really don't know what to think. But I'm pretty sure MY last show was in 02.

I'd go for free, but yeah...at our ages, looking at that setlist?

I do hope you enjoy your plus one status, at least.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-11-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Guess I better dive into a bit more of the discography again instead of relying on the old faithful teen memories ahead of seeing them this tour.

Not sure if I posted about it previously but I saw them at Download in 2019 and the sound was phenomenal, I’ve no idea how they did it but I was in awe. I really hope the same is true for their arena shows, because when I saw APC in Brixton the same year it was shockingly bad.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I really hope the same is true for their arena shows, because when I saw APC in Brixton the same year it was shockingly bad.
    I saw them at the end of 2019 and I thought the arena setup (Barclays in Brooklyn) sounded pretty good. Granted I was on the mezz and off center so my listening angle was not ideal but I can only imagine it sounded better elsewhere. Depending on 1. where the covid situation stands at the end of Feb and 2. potential varied setlists, I may try weaseling into some Prudential Center tix.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Imagine thinking swapping out The Patient for Culling fucking Voices is a good idea/a good value for their fans concert dollar. Well, apparently that bullshit happened tonight in Sacramento. And I say that as someone that was relatively impressed with the current setlist, all things considered.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yeah it’s a real weak spot on the album, but then again CCT keeps being played.

edit: after watching the video, that live version is really good.

Last edited by Erneuert; 01-16-2022 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Imagine going to the show thinking you're hearing The Patient the 10th time since 2001 and getting a live debut of another beautiful song with the band sitting in circle and DC playing guitar. Yeah what a goddamn letdown.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Imagine going to the show thinking you're hearing The Patient the 10th time since 2001 and getting a live debut of another beautiful song with the band sitting in circle and DC playing guitar. Yeah what a goddamn letdown.
    I actually said the above before looking at the video. That was really awesome actually!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Y’all, this word gets thrown around a lot but complaining about setlists is such a privileged thing. My wife who’s been a fan since the 90s has never seen Tool. I’ve been a fan same and have seen them twice on the 10,000 Days tour.

I sold my soul and finances and credit score to afford to see them in Cleveland in March.

I don’t give a fuck what the setlist is. I haven’t been able to see them in over a decade. If you’re seeing them each tour, I get it. But at the same time, think about what you’re saying and what the people around you are experiencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    But at the same time, think about what you’re saying and what the people around you are experiencing.
    I get it but this is being a bit dramatic. For a band that's been around as long as Tool they've got a relatively short catalog so when they basically park themselves on a 9-song setlist for YEARS it's nice to see them mix some new stuff in now and then. And let's face it, regardless of what they play you're still going to hear at least 5 or 6 of the "greatest hits".

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I get it but this is being a bit dramatic. For a band that's been around as long as Tool they've got a relatively short catalog so when they basically park themselves on a 9-song setlist for YEARS it's nice to see them mix some new stuff in now and then. And let's face it, regardless of what they play you're still going to hear at least 5 or 6 of the "greatest hits".
    While that’s true, it’s also true of any band. Of all the bands I’ve seen, though, Tool seems one of the least reluctant to add their newest material to their setlists.

Maybe I am being dramatic but one of the number one complaints I hear about Tool touring is the lack of changes in the setlists. Their tours are intensely multimedia and extensively choreographed. It just feels frustrating for someone like me who hasn’t seen them in so long that the arrangements have completely changed in some ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can’t imagine how awful it must have been, being there to see a band who never does anything like this do something like this for the first time with one of their most stripped down and frankly emotionally poignant songs? Yeah, that’s a real shame, what the hell were they thinking? How dare they actually switch things up and take a chance for a change.
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 01-16-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I have seen Tool 5 times since 01 and never got the Patient.

That being said, I don't care for the album version of Culling Voices but this sounds really good. Would have been an awesome experience!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    That being said, I don't care for the album version of Culling Voices but this sounds really good. Would have been an awesome experience!
    I guess I'm the only one that likes the album version. That live version owns.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm gonna go back and revisit it, sometimes a killer live version is what I need to look at an album cut in a different light.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Yeah it’s a real weak spot on the album, but then again CCT keeps being played.

That was great, actually

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I love the album version, and this live version reminds me of when I was a young whippersnapper and experienced the soft version of Pushit.

Seeing this REALLY makes me want to see Tool again; I just realized that I GUESS I haven't seen them in TWENTY YEARS.
    And, like @kel , my partner hasn't seen them at all.

But aren't the tickets ridiculously expensive?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fuckin A this is I think their best show I’ve seen (San Francisco), and I’ve seen them 8 times, including the Lateralus tour. So far:
    Sober, Hooker with a Penis, Pushit, The Grudge, The Pot, Right in Two, Fear Inoculum, Pneuma and Descending

No Jambi, 46+2, Stinkfist, Schism or Aenema. The boys are on fire.

edit: I wrote the above during the encore. They came back with Culling Voices and Invincible. They did the first part of Culling Voices with the 4 at the front of the stage, sitting down. Danny played a guitar (!) for that. This is the most diverse set list I’ve seen them play, and I will definitely need a recording of this. This will probably take the no. 1 spot show from the 2002 Lateralus concert I saw in Laredo Tx. And by extension, this is probably the best show I’ve seen in my life by ANY band (I’m not exaggerating). Tool, Laredo 2002 had that spot, no. 1 of all the shows I’ve been to in 20 years. This is going to take the cake I think. I went in blind, did not look at any set lists of this tour, I just knew they had rehearsed The Pot and The Patient, and I thought those two were going to be the token songs of this tour plus all the Fear Inoculum songs plus Jambi, 46+2, Stinkfist, Aenema and Schism. Boy I was so wrong. I think these are their first shows since 02 without ANY of those songs.

Maynard was on top of his game tonight, did really well in Sober, The Grudge and Pushit. Pushit was SUPERB. They did some tweaks and added some extra flair/riffs to Sober and The Grudge. All the band looked so happy throughout and at the end of the show, Maynard fist bumped Adam and Danny. If they are going to release a “Live DVD”, it should be the one from this show. The pace was relentless throughout the whole thing, the only breathers we got were Pneuma (which was really good) and Culling Voices (my least favorite song off FI, but having the four members at the front made it really special, it was very well done.

I was so stoked about the set that during the encore I started talking with the two people seated in front of me about how insane the set was (I never talk to random people during shows). I think lockdown/Covid affected these guys positively, it seemed like they were on a mission.

I loved that they had the old tour videos for The Grudge and Pushit. There was confetti falling on the audience during Culling Voices, nice little detail. Believe the hype, go see this tour.

oh, and Blonde Redhead was great too!
    Last edited by cahernandez; 01-17-2022 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yes. i only went because it was free and she needed someone to go. it was okay, boring a little.

i think i paid like $35 for the inside the outside show. people shelling out that kind of cash are fools (no offense, melissa).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

But aren't the tickets ridiculously expensive?
    IF your state requires proof of vaccination/negative tests, you’ll find a lot of face value or less tickets the week of the show on TM/AXS official resale from people that can’t go. And I’ve seen a lot of last minute ticket giveaways on r/ToolBand! ��

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    yes. i only went because it was free and she needed someone to go. it was okay, boring a little.

i think i paid like $35 for the inside the outside show. people shelling out that kind of cash are fools (no offense, melissa).
    Which show did you go to? Surely not boring if you went to the one with Culling Voices?!