Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimes

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    boring song, boring video.

byeeee Grimes it was nice while it lasted.
    Great song, great video.

Bye.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This song is anything but boring. The video is wild as fuck as well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Italiana mobster
    looking so precious

I love this woman. Great video. Loved the blood rave and Zelda hearts.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Great song, great video.

Bye.
    Rabbit doesnt likes movies, he likes film. He isn't going to be bothered with a 3 min song. Give this dude nothing less than an 8 min movement.

Anyhow. Cool video. I wonder if VEnus Fly is going to be the next one. That or Easily, or the title track would make me happy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    . He isn't going to be bothered with a 3 min song. Give this dude nothing less than an 8 min movement.
    lol, this got me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would like to see a video for Artangels, Venus Fly, or Butterfly next.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

great, now get out of the thread and stay out. biggest negative nancy i've ever encountered. jeeeeeez.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I discovered Grimes a few years ago with Visions and Art Angels is currently on heavy rotation. I bought a ticket to see her and Florence and the Machine live in May. Without a doubt I'm more excited to see Grimes open.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    great, now get out of the thread and stay out. biggest negative nancy i've ever encountered. jeeeeeez.
    yes, let me allow you to return to your safe space.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    yes, let me allow you to return to your safe space.
    Repeating the same content-free objection over and over does not constitute legitimate, constructive, or interesting criticism. If you are so "done" with Grimes, why the fuck are you still posting? Thou seriously do protest too much. You are now the second ever person to hit my ignore list. (no prizes for guessing who #1 was.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Repeating the same content-free objection over and over does not constitute legitimate, constructive, or interesting criticism. If you are so "done" with Grimes, why the fuck are you still posting? Thou seriously do protest too much. You are now the second ever person to hit my ignore list. (no prizes for guessing who #1 was.)
    Shit, we can click a button and simply ignore this guy???? Thank fuck, that'll make things more pleasant.
    I don't like the new Grimes album either, but I don't have to keep posting how much I don't like it every chance I get.
    Last edited by neorev; 01-20-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    new pressing of Geidi Primes up for pre-order!!!

hopefully this means a new pressing of Halafaxa isn't far off!
    Seems your wish has been granted http://arbutusrecords.com/ and http://www.factmag.com/2016/01/19/gr...loom-reissues/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The beautiful and talented Tei Shi is supporting Grimes on the road.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new pressing of Geidi Primes up for pre-order!!!

hopefully this means a new pressing of Halafaxa isn't far off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    sweet!!!

also, the Geidi Primes reissue is available on amazon.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Shit, we can click a button and simply ignore this guy???? Thank fuck, that'll make things more pleasant.
    I don't like the new Grimes album either, but I don't have to keep posting how much I don't like it every chance I get.
    So, unless it's "fuck this is awesome" it has to be college thesis level criticism with various points and arguments laid out concisely. The fuck kind of age we are in man holy crap. Yes, hit the ignore button. Can't deal with cry baby safe space children.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    So, unless it's "fuck this is awesome" it has to be college thesis level criticism with various points and arguments laid out concisely. The fuck kind of age we are in man holy crap. Yes, hit the ignore button. Can't deal with cry baby safe space children.
    no, it's that you KEEP REPEATING THE SAME BORING AND UNINFORMED ARGUMENT OVER AND OVER and we're sick of it. you're not engaging in meaningful discourse, you're throwing your toys around the room because you're pissed off that someone didn't cater THEIR ART to YOUR WHIMS.

we're here to discuss grimes, and you can't seem to do that constructively, so please just stop visiting the thread. you already got your own thread to shit on star wars, dude. enough is enough. your negative energy is a real downer.

now back ON TOPIC

i have never gotten into florence and the machine and i haven't liked what i've heard. the cover band i was a part of for a bit played "kiss with a fist" which was kinda fun to play but most of her stuff doesn't sound like that. i think her and grimes are an odd pair for a tour, but i'm sure there's some overlap between fans. i wonder if this will lead to any kind of collaboration between the two or if it's just strictly a tour-mates thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    no, it's that you KEEP REPEATING THE SAME BORING AND UNINFORMED ARGUMENT OVER AND OVER and we're sick of it. you're not engaging in meaningful discourse, you're throwing your toys around the room because you're pissed off that someone didn't cater THEIR ART to YOUR WHIMS.

we're here to discuss grimes, and you can't seem to do that constructively, so please just stop visiting the thread. you already got your own thread to shit on star wars, dude. enough is enough. your negative energy is a real downer.

now back ON TOPIC

i have never gotten into florence and the machine and i haven't liked what i've heard. the cover band i was a part of for a bit played "kiss with a fist" which was kinda fun to play but most of her stuff doesn't sound like that. i think her and grimes are an odd pair for a tour, but i'm sure there's some overlap between fans. i wonder if this will lead to any kind of collaboration between the two or if it's just strictly a tour-mates thing.
    Just don't respond to him, ignore him. He gets off on this sorta crap. I think he needs a friend... or a therapist. He spends more time on crap he hates than anything else, no wonder why he's miserable.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

now back ON TOPIC

i've engaged plenty in "meaningful discourse" . problem is it looks like the remaining people that post here don't like to hear any type of real criticism. Soon as anything is "negative" it's labeled trolling, or whining, or whatever else the fuck people like to label it. No one actually talks about anything unless it's one big fucking circle jerk. it's ok, i'm getting tired of it to.

when things are about "negative energy" or "positive energy"

well... back to your safe space
    Last edited by Rabbit; 01-20-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Some tour dates have been added and shifted about. I'm a bit annoyed that the show I was going to in March is now in June and not in a cool little college venue but in a corporate cess pit.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

meaningful discourse, lulz.

Don't complain about people not taking your seriously if this is the kind of shit you're leaving in your wake, @Rabbit . It's lazy, and wastes everyone's time - even yours. You say you can do better - but can you?

Don't answer that here. If you want to criticize, then yes, you need to make your case. If you don't like it here, maybe you need to find your own safe space. Pussy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    We've even got a sink-hole thread for shitting on music if that's what one really wants to do.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm hoping the London and Glasgow shows don't get an upgrade, though I assume they would have already as they are long sold out.

Grimes supporting Florence? I'd leave after Grimes. I've done that at a few shows in the past. Came to see the special guest then go home, having no interest whatsoever in the main act.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ...oh, and the new video is pretty cool. Mad Max on acid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Art Angels is the 2015 album that I listened the most. I love it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    finally got around to listening to this new album yesterday, and fuck, what a bummer. So disappointed.

I was 100% down for the idea of Grimes moving on from her old experimental roots and trying her hand at more conventional pop music, especially given how insanely great Realiti was. But most of this album is just grating and cringeworthy. The whole thing feels so reactive and unfocused, like she's just flailing about in search of something and she doesn't know what it even is. I'm guessing that all the post-Visions hype and the Roc Nation shit and pitchfork stalking her every move just freaked her out and really fucked up her creative visions. It's funny how her whole project is based on this pop/experimental hybrid idea, and yet the album mostly fails on both of those fronts. The "weird" stuff isn't cool or interesting like it was on Halfaxa and whatnot. Almost none of the pop songs are on the insanely good level of Vanessa, Oblivion, Realiti, etc. Too bad.

Now that the whole Visions follow up thing is out of her way maybe she can relax a bit and find her voice again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think Art Angels is her best and most cohesive album.

Seeing her in less than a week. Excited is an understatement.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    finally got around to listening to this new album yesterday, and fuck, what a bummer. So disappointed.

I was 100% down for the idea of Grimes moving on from her old experimental roots and trying her hand at more conventional pop music, especially given how insanely great Realiti was. But most of this album is just grating and cringeworthy. The whole thing feels so reactive and unfocused, like she's just flailing about in search of something and she doesn't know what it even is. I'm guessing that all the post-Visions hype and the Roc Nation shit and pitchfork stalking her every move just freaked her out and really fucked up her creative visions. It's funny how her whole project is based on this pop/experimental hybrid idea, and yet the album mostly fails on both of those fronts. The "weird" stuff isn't cool or interesting like it was on Halfaxa and whatnot. Almost none of the pop songs are on the insanely good level of Vanessa, Oblivion, Realiti, etc. Too bad.

Now that the whole Visions follow up thing is out of her way maybe she can relax a bit and find her voice again.
    i 100% disagree with you, but thank you SO MUCH for having an INFORMED opinion and talking about it like an adult instead of just coming in here and shitting all over grimes (and insulting her as a person AND a musician) like, ahem, a certain person did.

sorry you didn't like the new album, though. at least her first two albums (and that split EP) are getting reissued on vinyl!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mantra you clearly need to get your ears fixed. Art Angels production and sound makes Visions sound like a demo. The entire record is a pop masterpiece stacked with earworms. The lyrics cut through this time where they were drowned in reverb on Visions. Also, if you're looking for "weirdness", try listening to the album in a nice set of headphones. Her creative vision seems focused and on point if you ask me. Just because it's not to your liking doesn't mean she somehow got caught up in some celebrity hype mindfuck and lost her way. These tracks are sharper and leaner and tighter than anything on Visions. You're mistaking your opinions as facts.
    Last edited by rampface; 01-31-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Mantra you clearly need to get your ears fixed. [...] You're mistaking your opinions as facts.
    Slow down, cowboy - no need to go on the attack, rampface.

I think a big difference between Visions and Art Angels is that there's a confidence in AA that's not as present in Visions. There's a lot more depth to the tracks as well - there's a lot going on all the time, and I've been listening to the album a lot since it came out. I feel it's a much stronger album - although not without a couple of weak points. Personally, I almost feel a kind of jealousy about what she's doing. I may have said this somewhere else, but sonically, it's probably not too far from what I wish I could have been making when I was in my early 20s, but I didn't really have the talent, training, or funding, let alone the energy.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I had to get high but I think I understand this stuff now.