Actually, I would put this very much in the same category as The Fragile on vinyl, or With Teeth on vinyl. Both albums had plenty of space on the CD versions for those songs. At the time The Fragile was announced, I recall Trent saying something about how the vinyl has extended versions and extra songs because it's special. It also has huge-ass artwork. And if you don't want to buy the vinyl version to have those two extra songs, I'll be happy to hear you whine after you've spent a decade chasing down the CD quality version of Butch Vig's remix of Last, or 45 minutes of unreleased Coil remixes. It's being put out on a CD. It will be on YouTube within minutes of the first fan getting their hands on it. You will hear the exclusive songs.

I would also argue this is not the same kind of ripoff Trent complained about with Interscope. You've seen the tracklist of the WITT singles, right? That was bullshit, and I'm very fortunate that I had friends who got me those CDs as a gift, because I sure as hell would have a hard time justifying the price of them (although knowing what they later sold for, I might regret not having bought more copies).

When it comes to Trent Reznor format-exclusive tracks, you don't even know what want is. Do you know how many years I went knowing that there were vinyl-only remixes of Happiness in Slavery and The Perfect Drug, but never hearing them? And the first rips that eventually made their way onto the internet were horribly compressed, played off terrible turntables. Rumors of a Japan-only remix of Reptile that never actually existed. "The Lost Fragile Tracks" photo, posted to nin.com, but never really followed up on. Nowadays, remixes leak that don't even make the official releases (Bill Laswell, where did all those remixes come from?) and with a label being involved, you're pretty much guaranteed to hear the album before your official copy shows up.

Get the vinyl, or get the standard release, and then get over it (and get off my lawn)! <3