Thread: The Matrix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Do i need to rewatch the old ones before watching this one?
    Not really. It's a meta piece. You'd just need to understand that The Matrix was made by transgender siblings and has been appropriated by spiteful alt-right incels. The following resurge in popularity - in the Netflix and MCU era - motivated the studio to develop new The Matrix movies and Lana went "fuck it, I'll do it myself so at least those assholes will hate it while I also give the studio exactly what they say they supposedly want".

It might also help to have some idea of their show Sense8, if you'd like to appreciate the headspace Resurrections was made in.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 12-25-2021 at 03:06 PM. Reason: sense8

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    Not really. It's a meta piece. You'd just need to understand that The Matrix was made by transgender siblings and has been appropriated by spiteful alt-right incels. The following resurge in popularity - in the Netflix and MCU era - motivated the studio to develop new The Matrix movies and Lana went "fuck it, I'll do it myself so at least those assholes will hate it while I also give the studio exactly what they say they supposedly want".

It might also help to have some idea of their show Sense8, if you'd like to appreciate the headspace Resurrections was made in.
    I LOOOOOVE Sense8.
    @fillow , why the faceplam? DO I need to rewatch 1-3?