Thread: The Playstation Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Having a free online network should be a thing that everyone likes... especially because having a functioning online network is essential to your system being something that people want to buy (with money).

Here's the problem. Sony probably would have held to that "free is a good thing" business model if the Microsoft fans didn't try to justify paying for it. It blows my fucking mind, and I'm still waiting to hear why "PSN is trash." However, Microsoft somehow proved that not only could they charge people a monthly fee, but their users would exhibit gratitude for it and claim it's the reason their online service is better. MEANWHILE THEY NEVER EXPLAIN EXACTLY HOW THE SERVICE IS BETTER BECAUSE IT REALLY ISN'T. IT'S THE SAME SHIT. Do you people honestly think Sony has not put tons of money into how to compete with Xbox Live? Do you REALLY think they require money from a monthly subscription in order to justify making their online network competitive?

And here we go, the new lame version of the PSN store. It sucks and everyone hates it, but whatever, it's not worth getting excited about... right? but it looks more like Xbox LIve, and it has just as many ads! Thanks a lot guys!

People say things like "dude, Xbox Live is so much better because I pay for it" and astonishingly, this form of discourse isn't laughed at. I don't get lag, I have never had matches or games disconnect. What are you people talking about?! PSN is fine, and it's free. Free is better than paying, so please explain why what you're paying for is so much better, and for the the love of whatever, be specific, because I'm sick of seeing people say "it just is." And yes, I get what I pay for, and I paid for the system, so I get online gameplay, which is dependent mostly upon the servers for the games, and I'm ok with not paying for that because it makes complete sense. The companies that choose to close their online servers for their games don't keep the Xbox ones online.

Please STOP defending Microsoft here. You guys are fucking it up for the rest of us.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-20-2013 at 01:22 AM.