Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw a preview for the new Harley Quinn movie and it looked awful, just a really irritating character.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    To be fair to DC the last 3 DC films have either been good or well received (or both) so they can't keep the streak going forever.

...it would be nice if they could, but it's DC.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Zoe Kravitz has reportedly been locked in as Selina Kyle in The Batman​.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Saw a preview for the new Harley Quinn movie and it looked awful, just a really irritating character.
    Not really. If you read her stand alone series by Connor you might have a different opinion. I love the roller derby ex of Joker version from recent times. I'm holding out hope it's good or at least enjoyable, I liked her in Suicide Squad.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not really. If you read her stand alone series by Connor you might have a different opinion. I love the roller derby ex of Joker version from recent times. I'm holding out hope it's good or at least enjoyable, I liked her in Suicide Squad.
    Yeah, I'm just going by the preview. If it gets good reviews I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I mean i'll see it (i have a cinema unlimited card so i have no reason not too...and MEW's in it!) but every time i see that trailer her voice just keep grinding on me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jonah Hill is no longer in talks to be a villain in The Batman​ as he and WB couldn’t apparently come to terms on a salary.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Jonah Hill is no longer in talks to be a villain in The Batman​ as he and WB couldn’t apparently come to terms on a salary.
    I think it's for the best. I was never really on board with that anyway. He's fine (or even good) in several of the comedies I've seen him in, but I feel he'd be distracting and hard to take seriously in a Batman movie.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Not very happy with Kravitz's casting, yet I wasn't with Anne Hathaway as well. But as of now I'm really looking forward to the new Batman design and Pattinson rocking the cap. Still sad Affleck never had the chance to be a first-class Batman in an actually good movie. Very much wasted potential here, but at least we got that amazing warehouse fight.

I'm still not down with the idea of having 6 villains in this. Hope they go down the Arkham games road and make these more cameos or visits in the asylum, like minor roles expect for Catwoman and whoever ends up being the main baddie. Hope someone we haven't seen before or at least in a long while. Would love to see the Riddler get the spotlight personally. Chances are low I guess for the Court of Owls to make up four of the rumored villains...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will we see any origin or the parents killing scene in The Batman? I think they would be wasting precious minutes if they do that once again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier View Post
    Will we see any origin or the parents killing scene in The Batman? I think they would be wasting precious minutes if they do that once again.
    Yes, agreed. I was surprised to see it yet again in Joker, though it did make sense in that movie. Still, it’s been shown onscreen four times at this point. They should follow Marvel’s lead and just assume that (like Uncle Ben’s death) everyone’s seen it before and it can be skipped over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And just a day later...

Paul Dano now in talks for The Riddler.

edit: nvm about 'talks'...it's apparently a done deal. He'll be portraying Edward Nashton, aka The Riddler.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 10-17-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    incredible actor. I bet he nails it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier View Post
    I bloody well hope not. At this point in my life i've seen Bruce's parents die more times then i've seen actual members of my family! EVERYONE knows they died, how they died and that it made Batman.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Paul Dano? Fuck this, I'm out.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    And just a day later...

Paul Dano now in talks for The Riddler.

edit: nvm about 'talks'...it's apparently a done deal. He'll be portraying Edward Nashton, aka The Riddler.
    Didn't recolonise the name so did a quick google, and wow he has been in some great films (he was in Ruby Sparks and that was a fucking GREAT little film...i feel like i'm the only person who ever saw that!) I like this casting, this is shaping up quite well from my point of view.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Bye!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Go watch Prisoners.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nah, don't bother. Just.... bye!

Back on track...these Jared Leto reports coming out are disheartening to say the least. He apparently was so 'hurt' by Joker being greenlit so soon after his crappy portrayal that he actively tried to have the entire movie killed off? Hahahahahahaha fuck that dude...and I can't stress this enough...forever.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I did enjoy the Leto performance (I know I'm in the minority) and take on the character, but Phoenix's performance blew him out of the water. Better even than Ledger's IMO.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Full article on this:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

While I can somewhat understand Leto's dismay over the situation he should just let go at this point. The Joker obviously has no role in Birds of Prey (apart from a cameo it seems) and in the new Suicide Squad, so why bother? And I highly doubted that they would do a Harley/Joker spinoff with Robbie and Leto anyway.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Full article on this:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

While I can somewhat understand Leto's dismay over the situation he should just let go at this point. The Joker obviously has no role in Birds of Prey (apart from a cameo it seems) and in the new Suicide Squad, so why bother? And I highly doubted that they would do a Harley/Joker spinoff with Robbie and Leto anyway.
    Sources say Leto told his agents that they should stop the rival project, arguing that he wasn’t being treated properly as an Oscar winner (for Dallas Buyers Club).
    Entitlement much? Poor little cry baby.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I may not have been the biggest fan of Joker, but fuck Leto. Regardless of how his performance was, his reaction is nothing short of childish and pathetic (and especially bad considering what he did to his castmates as the character!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Leto as an actor overall but dude is just a pretentious idiot most of the time. And he turned a completely fine band into a pathetic joke with every 30stm release. First album is still amazing. Now he's an almost 50 years old dude who holds camps for young teens. Ew.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 11-05-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    This reminds me of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. In that film, after Heath Ledger's death, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp both took turns playing the same character (Tony). Very interesting. I wonder why they didn't just stick with one of the actors, rather than both.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The casting is way off for my taste as it reminds me too much of Gotham, yet this could turn out very interesting. And I'm not talking about Pattinson in the cowl. I've actually grown to the idea of him being Batman after several fanart pieces on Instagram. Bring it, if this indeed turns out to be a Year One based thing.

But so far the casting of the villains... phew. Sorry, I just can't stand Dano in anything without diminishing his acting capabilities. I'm looking forward to see some behind the scenes shots once they start filming this though. I guess that will set things straight after all and put them in perspective. The whole detective based story talk has me intrigued after all. Has Reeves actually talked about which comics he draws inspiration from? I only heard Year One rumors so far.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The casting is way off for my taste as it reminds me too much of Gotham, yet this could turn out very interesting. And I'm not talking about Pattinson in the cowl. I've actually grown to the idea of him being Batman after several fanart pieces on Instagram. Bring it, if this indeed turns out to be a Year One based thing.

But so far the casting of the villains... phew. Sorry, I just can't stand Dano in anything without diminishing his acting capabilities. I'm looking forward to see some behind the scenes shots once they start filming this though. I guess that will set things straight after all and put them in perspective. The whole detective based story talk has me intrigued after all. Has Reeves actually talked about which comics he draws inspiration from? I only heard Year One rumors so far.
    Well, given the focus on Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler, it's possible there could be a little of The Long Halloween.

Also this: https://geektyrant.com/news/kevin-sm...ween-story-arc
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 11-06-2019 at 04:19 AM.