Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just got shipping notification on the IMAX Variant LP. That was faaaast.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If this album does well, Trent might be the new Greg Kurstin and be the go to producer for pop artists everywhere. I am just waiting for the new Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion 'Wet Ass Pussy Chains & Whips Remix' by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I am just waiting for the new Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion 'Wet Ass Pussy Chains & Whips Remix' by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross...
    Gross. Don't even joke about that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If this album does well, Trent might be the new Greg Kurstin and be the go to producer for pop artists everywhere. I am just waiting for the new Cardi B/Megan Thee Stallion 'Wet Ass Pussy Chains & Whips Remix' by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross...
    If this album does well... or poorly... or so so... Trent and Atticus are going to continue doing whatever the fuck they want.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Last edited by WorzelG; 08-27-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m seeing a lot of buzz etc for this as well, but I worry with no radio play or normal promotion it might not do as well. BUT I’m looking forward to this livestream and I do think there may be a single within the next few days. I just don’t want it to be a flop because I’ve become rather fond of Halsey and I want the album to do well
    Indeed - me too.

To be honest - i'm sure most pop-stars are just 'normal' people behind the cameras - but I'd like to see her do well -there's some fandom there now. I saw my my wife go through two pregnancies, give birth etc - and a lot of the lyrics on this album REZnORnated with me (lol - i've had a couple of beers - it only gets worse from here. Also - just listening to HTDA again - the parallels are pretty strong - and there some AWESOME tracks now a listen again...).

On another note, I just got this notification:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTF2IuFBzBz/

Do Trent and Atticus just cart that massive wall of knobs around with them for random photoshoots?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I imported the CD into iTunes, and the description indicates the album is from 2022.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If it's pop - it needs a feat.

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion feat. Al Jourgenson - [Jesus Built My] W.A.P.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Hole Like a WAP (Fisted mix)

Fuck it, sign me up..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Indeed - me too.

To be honest - i'm sure most pop-stars are just 'normal' people behind the cameras - but I'd like to see her do well -there's some fandom there now. I saw my my wife go through two pregnancies, give birth etc - and a lot of the lyrics on this album REZnORnated with me (lol - i've had a couple of beers - it only gets worse from here. Also - just listening to HTDA again - the parallels are pretty strong - and there some AWESOME tracks now a listen again...).

On another note, I just got this notification:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTF2IuFBzBz/

Do Trent and Atticus just cart that massive wall of knobs around with them for random photoshoots?
    I had a miscarriage in 2010 and someone in the YouTube comments of Bells of Santa Fe said it might be about that and I ended up in tears AND getting goosebumps at the same time. I really want this album to do well, I feel for Halsey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This slowed//reverb version is pretty decent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Unless Kanye releases his album, this one is going to be #1 by all projections.

I had a miscarriage in 2010 and someone in the YouTube comments of Bells of Santa Fe said it might be about that and I ended up in tears AND getting goosebumps at the same time. I really want this album to do well, I feel for Halsey
    ''More'' from the last album is also about that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Trent is looking skinny in those pictures! If you showed 2021 Trent to people in the 90’s, they’d go, “yeah, that seems right.” But then if you showed them 2006 Trent immediately afterwards, they’d go, “huh?”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Trent is looking skinny in those pictures! If you showed 2021 Trent to people in the 90’s, they’d go, “yeah, that seems right.” But then if you showed them 2006 Trent immediately afterwards, they’d go, “huh?”
    Man, the With Teeth era was so underrated. Buffed-out buzzcut Trent and his '06-'07 live band were tightly controlled chaos. I revisited their material a few years back when I was going through some identity struggles. It helped to see someone like Trent go through his transformation and come out the other side a chad, if you'll pardon the meme. I think I needed to internalize some of that. I'd gotten too comfortable living with a negative mindset and it was stifling my growth.
    Last edited by Blade3327; 08-27-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

A post shared by on

They saw a crack in her armor? Oh boy...
    Not to mention how fucking uncomfortable the two of them look next to her chillin there like a... Yeah, I'm not gonna finish that, it's just gonna get misunderstood, lol.

There's undeniably big opportunites and money involved in becoming big time pop album producers. Imagine this shit gets nominated for Grammys, or wins...
    ..and sadly, a much better lifestyle for someone well in his 50s, compared to a usual album / touring life...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My first impression of this is pretty solid. There are a couple really great tracks, but no surprise, the moments on here I like the most are the ones that feel the most like NIN.

I am just not really into these kinds of vocals. She's talented for sure, but I don't typically get into music that is this vocally driven.

I thought there was a chance that the NIN influences would overshadow and dominate the whole thing, and they really don't. I probably would have liked it more if they did, but it's probably a good thing, ethically, they didn't. Trent's presence is definitely felt, but it feels tasteful and professional more than anything else.
    Last edited by ZeroSum; 08-27-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    There's undeniably big opportunites and money involved in becoming big time pop album producers. Imagine this shit gets nominated for Grammys, or wins...
    ..and sadly, a much better lifestyle for someone well in his 50s, compared to a usual album / touring life...
    I hope it does. I'd love to see more.

The guy has been PROLIFIC over the last few years.

I'm just sitting here how lucky we are to follow someone as musically brilliant as Trent and NIN - in a different life, you could have ended up never picking up that TDS record, or WT record - and instead picked up a record by Nickleback (i kid, i kid) and never heard of NIN.

As long as he keeps producing QUALITY art - I don't mind who he collaborates with. Infact - it interests me more - to see what's really possible.

Trent mentioned a couple of years ago about doing a collaboration album (maybe as a joke?) - but I think what him and Atticus are doing right now is better. Health, then Danny Elfman, now Halsey.

Please don't stop.
    Last edited by laz001; 08-27-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just heard "Nightmare (Reprise)" and the "reimagining" of "Gasoline". So...to be callous and cynical for a moment...if Ghosts I-IV could be viewed SOLELY as Reznor saying "hey, the guy that wrote the 'fuck you like an animal' song wants to make movie scores and is actually really good at it", then the Reznor/Ross versions of these established Halsey tracks could be viewed as Reznor and Ross saying "hey, the guy who wrote the 'fuck you like an animal' song and who then won Oscars for scoring Oscar films wants to make pop music less pop and more interesting and is actually really good at it".

Not to say that was their motivation for doing IICHLIWP, but this just proved to an entire section of the industry that they can succeed and exceed expectations in that area.

I agree that the two of them can do and will do whatever they want next, just saying that THIS is proof to people in the industry that they can.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Well, it's something. Still returning it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I tried my best to capture them on discogs, but man are there a lot of mixed contributors and credits. WTH is a "Treatments" credit?
    Apparently, in music production terms, "treatments" means "effects":

https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/699903
    https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/194817

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    he doesnt need to be in tour shape, just healthy shape. Im sure he will bulk up when its time to get back out there.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    The album is up on Bandcamp now. At $10.90, it's the cheapest digital price available for 24-bit hi-res lossless:

https://iamhalsey.bandcamp.com/album...power-explicit

If you can be patient for a week, next Friday is Bandcamp Friday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I keep seeing people talk about Instrumentals. Where can you get these? Lossless would be nice. To be honest, I am not feeling Halsey's voice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thought it was time to dig up and edit in this old monster. I'm not sorry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I keep seeing people talk about Instrumentals. Where can you get these? Lossless would be nice. To be honest, I am not feeling Halsey's voice.
    Yeah, I was kinda looking for this too. I don't mind her vocals, I just like to collect instrumentals.
    Last edited by GentlemanLoser; 08-27-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    HMV has an exclusive CD with People Disappear Here as a bonus track, though not listed on back cover.
    It has the censored cover, but has a parental advisory sticker.

https://www.discogs.com/Halsey-If-I-...lease/20014864

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not to mention how fucking uncomfortable the two of them look next to her chillin there like a... Yeah, I'm not gonna finish that, it's just gonna get misunderstood, lol.
    so why even say that?!? Smh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Glad someone else said it lol. She comes across as such a self important tool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Probably gets a nod for the movie and engineering/production. Halsey has only had 2 Grammy nods and one was for one of the most streamed songs ever, so that does not bode well for this release.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Underneath View Post
    Glad someone else said it lol. She comes across as such a self important tool.
    Is there any other way somebody from Jersey is supposed to act?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    He keeps looking like John Wick in the last few lot of pictures we’ve seen him in, particularly the tuxedo.