Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kate Bush

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Running up that Hill is possibly one of my favourite songs of all time. Just bizarre that she decided to just stop making music
    Same here! I fell even more in love with it after hearing the Chromatics cover. Glad more people are getting exposed to such a great song these days.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    She's kind of like Billy Joel in that regard.
    But at least he tours regularly, she did that 22 day thing in London in 2014 and that was first tour since 1979 and nothing since! It seems crazy to me but I guess she doesn’t enjoy performing or publicity which is fair enough

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    please clap.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    have gone on a bit of a deep dive bc of this track's resurgence and I am so glad. Discovered alot of songs I knew were hers that I didn't realize previously.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Same here! I fell even more in love with it after hearing the Chromatics cover. Glad more people are getting exposed to such a great song these days.
    Have you heard the Meg Myers one? I think it's even better.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really like this song, from the album The Red Shoes.

In terms of mainstream popularity, I think Kate Bush was just a little bit ahead of the curve. The Red Shoes is the only album that she released in the 1990s, a decade that would have been more receptive to her music than the 80s.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Have you heard the Meg Myers one? I think it's even better.
    Yes! I adore the video, and I do like the cover, but it sounds a bit too on the nose. Chromatics version gives it that sweet sprinkle of Chromatics allure that is so intoxicating to me lol.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    After this past week, I've decided that I hate this damn song. made it almost 40 years thinking it was fine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how much she has toured outside of the U.S. Otherwise she might have a bigger fanbase stateside.
    This response has made me very confused. Do you think she’s an American artist? Kate Bush has been living in England her whole life, she has toured the UK and EU once for six weeks in 1979 and then played 22 concerts in London in 2014. She has always been higher charting in the UK and EU than in the US. What makes you assume she has a bigger fanbase in the US?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    This response has made me very confused. Do you think she’s an American artist? Kate Bush has been living in England her whole life, she has toured the UK and EU once for six weeks in 1979 and then played 22 concerts in London in 2014. She has always been higher charting in the UK and EU than in the US. What makes you assume she has a bigger fanbase in the US?
    Yeah, I know that she is from the UK. My point was she would have had a bigger audience in the U.S. had she toured the U.S. Poorly worded.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know that she is from the UK. My point was she would have had a bigger audience in the U.S. had she toured the U.S. Poorly worded.
    How do you think she would have been received on Cardassia?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    How do you think she would have been received on Cardassia?
    Better than Klingon opera.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Her 50 Words For Snow album from 2011 is amazing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    There is also The Other Sides which is a 4 disc collection of b-sides/remixes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's interesting to see a song that I remember from it's original release being treated like it's some massive hit that just came out, but that's the internet age.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was just thinking about this early 90s track that sampled her song "Cloudbusting". Anyone remember?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)