Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Finally got a mic to play with. this game just got like 20x better online.

Also, if you guys go into single player and change your weapon settings from auto-lock to free-aim, when you go to play online you'll be put into free-aim servers which have considerably less dickheads griefing and a lot more co-operation.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Finally got a mic to play with. this game just got like 20x better online.

Also, if you guys go into single player and change your weapon settings from auto-lock to free-aim, when you go to play online you'll be put into free-aim servers which have considerably less dickheads griefing and a lot more co-operation.
    I'm not sure if it's an option or not but I've been using my mic on the kinect and it's been working just fine.

Also side note: Has anyone been using the many exploits in the game to sell your bike or supercar over and over for infinite cash? I'm a little scared to due to the possibility of a rollback or a character reset.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I heard they patched it so you can only sell a vehicle a few times before having to wait an in-game day, thus negating the farming aspect a bit. Also, the last update reduced amount of money earned, i.e. I was farming Violent Duct as you could beat it in seconds for $9,000, but now it's $3,000.

Best way to get RP and money fast is to solo the Boneyard Survival mission, easily doable alone if you know the trailer to hide behind where guys will literally just walk out in front of it waiting for you to cap them...and helicopters can't touch ya. Takes a while, but if you finish it (about 30 min or so?) you get like a third of a level of RP and twenty grand.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Also side note: Has anyone been using the many exploits in the game to sell your bike or supercar over and over for infinite cash? I'm a little scared to due to the possibility of a rollback or a character reset.
    Yeah, I did it a few times so I could get an apartment and afford the ridiculous cost of putting my crew color and emblem on my car. I'm not too worried about it. I doubt they'll do a rollback or a reset, they released a statement yesterday that said they were going to add people who "obviously abused these exploits" to the "bad sport" pool, but they deleted it pretty quickly because the post mentioned some other lesser-known exploits that they didn't want to get out.

On a game-ethics level, I'm kind of ashamed to admit I did the car re-selling thing, since it wasn't supposed to be doable at all, but things like mission-farming I'm OK with because they're still a part of the game. I'm pretty sure the Criminal Records race is going to start paying out miniscule amounts of RP and $ soon so I squeezed in a few dozen 1-lap races with someone last night while I still could.

Quote Originally Posted by October Midnight
    I heard they patched it so you can only sell a vehicle a few times before having to wait an in-game day, thus negating the farming aspect a bit. Also, the last update reduced amount of money earned, i.e. I was farming Violent Duct as you could beat it in seconds for $9,000, but now it's $3,000.
    IIRC Violent Duct was the only one with the money reduced. From the start, Vehicles were only able to be sold one per in-game day (48 minutes), but the glitch was that THE SECOND you sold your $50,000 car you could pause the game and go to the Xbox Store, then back to the game, and you'd still have the money and your car. I did that a few times over and got half a million in literally about a minute.

*edit* looks like they have the "cheater-only" lobbies up and running now.

"until you're forgiven" sounds like you're either in there for a few days or until you've earned some money legitimately. I love how the guys personal ride in the screen cap is the $1M Bugatti hahaha
    Last edited by ibanez33; 10-15-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Oh my god the dunce cap.

Hysterical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've put my copy of GTA V onto eBay in hopes of getting a lil bit of cash before it's just another old game.

I tried to get into Online but it was just one frutration after another. I just don't seem to enjoy the fucking around everyone else does, it just feels like time wasted. The lobby system is so fucking annoying and time consuming, it takes so long to get anything done. I just can't be fucked putting up with it anymore. This game better not win GoT awards over The Last of Us.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    How weird.
    This is honestly the very first negative thing i've heard someone say about the game itself since it's been released. If it's any consolation it's going for right at retail right now, a copy is going now for free shipping for $61 so you should get most of your $ back.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I also am not that into GTA Online. It's an amusing little ditty to play but I also agree that it is time wasted and after about half an hour of playtime it grows boring for me, even with my friends. I still need to beat single player.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think the way to look at the online is at a slight MMO angle. Once they have released all the missions and such it will be as much if not even more of a blast than it is now.

The online is at its infant stage, give it time.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I played a 16 person race the other day and it was complete and udder madness. Incredible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I joined the group. I play on PS3, and my account name is Mulberryspark
    I might be on later.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    16-person motorcycle races are the best. Bonus fun if the host sets the weather to rain and turns on traffic and wanted levels

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    16-person motorcycle races are the best. Bonus fun if the host sets the weather to rain and turns on traffic and wanted levels
    You're out of your goddamned mind you nutty bastard haha

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Next time you're gonna go do some races, go to a store and buy a bunch of beers. then when you're choosing your "salute" or "jerk" or whatever it is before the race, select "drink Piswasser" and hold A for a while. Your character will chug a whole beer and you'll be shitfaced for the first 30-45 seconds of the race.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^have to try that.

Speaking of races, I really enjoy the racing in this game to a certain point. The only complaints I have are the catchup and slipstream mechanics the game has. Catchup basically means that you're punished for being first and driving good by slowing down your car. In addition, the players behind you can slipstream behind you and gain a significant boost making overtaking really easy. I think these mechanics fits great in the GTA races (with guns), but in normal racing I think they should at least be turned off by default (and have the choice to turn off slipstreaming). Nevertheless, I enjoy racing in GTA Online, but I really hope Rockstar would make some changes or at least offer more options to make the racing also being more about who can drive better than who can spin the other player's car off the track.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    ^have to try that.

Speaking of races, I really enjoy the racing in this game to a certain point. The only complaints I have are the catchup and slipstream mechanics the game has. Catchup basically means that you're punished for being first and driving good by slowing down your car. In addition, the players behind you can slipstream behind you and gain a significant boost making overtaking really easy. I think these mechanics fits great in the GTA races (with guns), but in normal racing I think they should at least be turned off by default (and have the choice to turn off slipstreaming). Nevertheless, I enjoy racing in GTA Online, but I really hope Rockstar would make some changes or at least offer more options to make the racing also being more about who can drive better than who can spin the other player's car off the track.
    Yeah, it's nice to be able to turn off Catch-Up but Slipstream should be optional too. Hopefully they add that soon. It's not THAT big of a deal but at the end of a close race it can really fuck up the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Best way to get RP and money fast is to solo the Boneyard Survival mission, easily doable alone if you know the trailer to hide behind where guys will literally just walk out in front of it waiting for you to cap them...and helicopters can't touch ya. Takes a while, but if you finish it (about 30 min or so?) you get like a third of a level of RP and twenty grand.
    I found the new mission to farm is "Out of Court Settlement." pays $9,000. You always spawn in the same location a few blocks away from target. Easy job. And to repeat all have to do is just call "Martin" on your phone.
    Update: nevermind they nerfed it. now pays 4500 since last night
    Last edited by StillWill; 10-18-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Apparently the new update dropped a lot of the cash rewards but also the hospital bills now max out at just a few hundred and/or take a much smaller percentage, so that's nice. and the first half of our "stimulus package" drops early next week, according to Rockstar Newswire.

EDIT FOR PATCH NOTES:

• Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
    • Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
    • Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
    • Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
    • Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
    • Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
    • Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
    • Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
    • Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
    • Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
    • Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
    • Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
    • Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode
    Last edited by ibanez33; 10-18-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Played for about an hour this morning before work in Online and...I've gotta say...the sheen is sort off already for me? Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but...meh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. It's definitely not as good playing alone as it is with friends though. Hopefully the first batch of heists and the stock market are added in soon, that should stir things up a lot.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I wish there was an option to join the "fullest" job of a certain type. All too often I join a job that only has 2 or 3 people on it when it has a total of 16 players available.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I wish there was an option to join the "fullest" job of a certain type. All too often I join a job that only has 2 or 3 people on it when it has a total of 16 players available.
    Yeah, there should definitely be a "search for jobs" thing instead of "quick job" and getting something shitty. On a related note: has anyone had a successful rally race yet? It sounds like a fucking awesome idea, but every time I get into one half of the idiots don't have mics

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Yeah, there should definitely be a "search for jobs" thing instead of "quick job" and getting something shitty. On a related note: has anyone had a successful rally race yet? It sounds like a fucking awesome idea, but every time I get into one half of the idiots don't have mics
    I've done one and I was the guide. Kind of sucks to be honest.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Huh. It sounds like a great idea to me but I guess it would go a lot better if you're with friends instead of random strangers.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Huh. It sounds like a great idea to me but I guess it would go a lot better if you're with friends instead of random strangers.

To be fair it was on the "down the drain" track so that had a lot to do with it.

Also I wish there was a way to make my character stop smoking. It's fucking gross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Joined hard as nails Ps3,

nineismine in game. Any of you guys on ps3 pls feel free to add me as a friend!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does gta give you your racing fix or are you eyeing something like forza 5 for xbox one? They're apples and oranges but I almost like racing and fps in gta most

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm not really a huge fan of racing games but I love it in GTA, the online players aren't nearly as competitive as the ones I ran into on Forza Horizon, it's never really a big deal about coming in first, everyone's just having fun and cracking jokes the whole time, and the races themselves and customizing your personal cars are super straight-forward for people who don't know jack-shit about cars.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I must apologise for killing 2 of you yesterday. I was unaware that the red outlines on the map meant crew members. I thought you were arch enemies that the game told me I had haha. It wasn't until the info pane came up that I realised. Oops.