Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Whoa, Donald won the presidential election? What? How? What happened? Wasn’t Clinton supposedly going to run away with it?

Well in light of this disconcerting news my evening will be spent in my chair, with all the lights out, and a pink floyd album playing in the background while I drink cheap whisky directly from the bottle.

But first, I’ll take a guess at this,

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    So... forward looking. When do the Trump voters learn that they were sold something very different than they thought they were buying? What's going to be the first big example of this?
    1) When Trump doesn’t assemble a hotshot team of investigators to go after Clinton.

2) When they realize she will never spend any time in prison.

3) When it becomes clear that Trump can’t strong-arm Mexico, or other countries, into doing what he wants.

4) When the wall doesn’t happen and global immigration continues.

5) When the great manufacturing jobs don’t come roaring back to America.

6) When no middle class workingman renaissance happens, yet “the establishment” rolls merrily along (rich getting richer and the poor get poorer).

7) When the ACA isn’t repealed, but retooled a little and rebranded Trumpcare.

8) “Another radical Islamic attack, this time in Pakistan, targeting Christian women & children. At least 67 dead,400 injured. I alone can solve.

.. yeah... no.

9) And most egregious, when the time for comes for Trump to push the big red nuke button, but he doesn’t first scowl into the camera and say, “You’re fired!”

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Turns out, if you create a narrative that anyone who votes for Trump is a bigot, a whole lot of non bigoted people will stop openly sharing the fact that they are voting for Trump. Then your polls cannot see them. Not to mention how blind your platform becomes to all the desires of those people, so you cannot sway them. People's careers were being risked for being Trump voters.

If the Dems want to learn anything, they will stop that shit. Looking at social media, I'm not too hopeful. But there are a few glimmers of people scratching the surface by showing how the voting demographics simply do not line up with "all Trump supporters are bigots" bullshit. A lot of the same people that voted Obama in also voted in Trump.

Off the top of my head: nearly 10% of registered Dems voted for Trump. More blacks voted for Trump than Romney. More Latinos voted for Trump than Romney. Hillary only pulled 51% of educated white women voters.
    Yeah, sometime back in this thread I may have likened Trump to Jim Jones, which was probably unfair of me. Never having personally met the guy or spent time with him, what do I know? Trump might just be a decent person who is sometimes overly bombastic. We all have character flaws, right? Regardless of the democrat/republican politics I honestly hope for the best with his presidency and all of us. But man-oh-man, the persona he presented throughout the campaign, at times it felt like he was purposefully going out of his way to rub people the wrong way. Whoever that guy campaigning was, I hope he is gone, and that there’s a generally more decent Donald who shows up to take office.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm really not a fan of Trump, and I have some serious concerns about him as POTUS. So don't take my repeat defense of him as support. I just think some alternate perspectives are sorely needed right now, especially if the Dems plan on actually recovering from this. They very well may be looking at a LONG period of losses, which means a very dangerous GOP super majority and presence in all branches. That's not good for anyone.

Anyway, back to your post... when it comes to persona, I still insist that a LOT of his persona was exaggerations by the media. They latched on to anything possible and blew it out of proportion (just like happened to Hillary). From pussy grabbing to being racist, it was never as big as presented. Put it in full context, understand what his inarticulate head was trying to actually say, and consider his generation and lifestyle. "Grandpa you are embarrassing us in public again" type shit, not raging xenophobic child raping woman hater.
    I read (possibly here) that the Republicans are close to having enough state legislatures to pass Constitutional Amendments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...e_legislatures

And of course I see posts that state this after I posted this. I should hold all posts until I get to the end of the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Why the fuck would I want to watch any of his bullshit? I don't want listen or see anything he says. Fuck him.
    Because the enemy you don't know will kill you. I mean, I don't think that's SunTzu but it's up there.
    Last edited by allegate; 11-14-2016 at 12:49 PM.