Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hope Trent repackages it with some of the abandoned tracks

Knowing Trent and Atticus, they can easily handle this, reissuing and remastering, score work, and the next NIN record. These fuckers don't stop.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Funny that they're now thinking about putting out a reassembled version of all three EPs. Maybe all of the fan experiments made them rethink the idea?
    What ? when was the idea scrapped ? To me it was an idea flotting around from the start, did trent mention anything more for you to think that ?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    What ? when was the idea scrapped ? To me it was an idea flotting around from the start, did trent mention anything more for you to think that ?
    I'm talking more about Trent and Atticus saying that the songs were released in the order that they wanted them to be released, and implying that attempting to reconfigure them into one album didn't have much of a point. I don't recall them saying anything about combining the EPs into something new-ish, just that they might release them in a set together.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm talking more about Trent and Atticus saying that the songs were released in the order that they wanted them to be released, and implying that attempting to reconfigure them into one album didn't have much of a point. I don't recall them saying anything about combining the EPs into something new-ish, just that they might release them in a set together.
    They did say they perhaps wanted to combine them all into something new. It was quite vague. I don't recall the exact interview. It may have been from sometime around Add Violence.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Did they say something about this during the round of interviews right before the London shows?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Still wearing his favorite t-shirt

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm sure you guys will find the beginning of this video familiar.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I'm sure you guys will find the beginning of this video familiar.

I don't get it. What are we looking for? There's no NIN music, or logos etc that I can see...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    I don't get it. What are we looking for? There's no NIN music, or logos etc that I can see...
    It's the same stock footage NIN use for Hurt live, just in color.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    The first clip of the Kingfisher getting a Fish is what was used to end Hurt on the Further Down the Spiral tour with the projection screen. I just found it fascinating to come across the footage in high quality and in color to boot. I understand Simon Maxwell used stock footage for the visuals but this is the first I've seen the stuff anywhere else.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-22-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The first clip of the Kingfisher getting a Fish is what was used to end Hurt on the Further Down the Spiral tour with the projection screen. I just found it fascinating to come across the footage in high quality and in color to boot. I understand Simon Maxwell used stock footage for the visuals but this is the first I've seen the stuff anywhere else.
    I already seen the full film somewhere on initernet... probably youtube

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This show is just getting chalk full of NIN!

Animal Kingdom Season 3 Episode 13.

I'm Not From This World 34:38

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They did say they perhaps wanted to combine them all into something new. It was quite vague. I don't recall the exact interview. It may have been from sometime around Add Violence.
    I think it would be kind of cool if he did something like how Bowie made OUTSIDE, or the Natural Born Killers soundtrack with segues and spoken diary fragments in between the songs- maybe with some of the unused lyrics. Kind of tie it together like a story with a protagonist going crazy with paranoia.

Maybe some different versions of the songs, mixes, or maybe they get cut off by a segue. Could be really cool

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    This show is just getting chalk full of NIN!

Animal Kingdom Season 3 Episode 13.

I'm Not From This World 34:38
    Definitely, I think it's the third NIN song used? BTW, you probably know, but, Atticus did the theme song. I like this show, BTW.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Featuring PHM and a promise that her next album (if I remember well) will be kind of like PHMxBjork, which sounds lovely.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I saw this too. She’s really cool.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Season 3 of X-Files:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just wait until you see the stoners' van in Ep22.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Comedian Conner O'Malley on Twitter:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think this is a new interview on an Australian website
    http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/keeping...ine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Comedian Conner O'Malley on Twitter:
    For some reason I can’t see or click on the tweet

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    For some reason I can’t see or click on the tweet
    Looks like he deleted it. It was basically an ad for his show with a random mention of Larry "Bud" Melman opening for Nine Inch Nails at Woodstock. (This makes sense if you follow his Twitter feed.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Synthwave producer, GosT, has released his cover of "Head Like A Hole" on Bandcamp for free:

https://gost1980s.bandcamp.com/track...ole-gost-cover

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    Synthwave producer, GosT, has released his cover of "Head Like A Hole"
    Perhaps could use a *little* less compression.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    Synthwave producer, GosT, has released his cover of "Head Like A Hole" on Bandcamp for free:

https://gost1980s.bandcamp.com/track...ole-gost-cover

Vocals are pretty awful

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Vocals are pretty awful
    Holy smokes, up into he started yelling the chorus it was tolerable, but wow... hard to turn that off.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Looks like he deleted it. It was basically an ad for his show with a random mention of Larry "Bud" Melman opening for Nine Inch Nails at Woodstock. (This makes sense if you follow his Twitter feed.)
    And now he posted another one. Looks like this is his current obsession.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The GOST cover of Head Like a Hole is kind of frustrating, because it seems like it might actually gel, but then it doesn't. His vocal performance on the chorus, the kind of atypical harsh vocal performance he arrives at actually to me feels weirdly reminiscent of the 80s electro-industrial Reznor was carving his own path out of (and thus away from). My main problem with it is that it strips away the vocal melody from that part. I am not a vocal coach, so anything I say is as a kind of musical dilettante, but his performance on the verse is not emphatic enough as to not result in the minor aesthetic disconnect with the abrasive instrumental material I hear here. Alternatively, the affect of an airier or breathier performance might worked well as counterpoint with good execution. Instead he's kind of in the middle, loosely riding the vibe of the original performance, but not quite there. He pulls off the first verse without me thinking about any of this though.

In that first verse: his brick-walled, sharp sounding, right-to-the-front-of-the-mix, version of the bass line works fine enough. But elsewhere it feels like he's lost much of the nuance on the original song, and stepped on some of the details that render it such a sleekly abrasive experience. Gone is the weird kind of backwards-reverb sounding synth that emerges on the second verse that provides intrigue without impeding too much on your ability to keep the song's main motifs in your head. Still, I think a version of this song that basks in the brick-walled sonics that feel really central to this cover could work.

Addendum: You might want to consider all of the above in the context that I generally do not care for synthwave, or GOST's other music, my take is contaminated by that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)