Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't have it in France, interesting too if someone can send me a MP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So one of my friend's photo is used on the website and they aren't credited.
    Any idea how we can do something about that?
    It's awesome the photo has been used, but it sucks they're not credited.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The upload will be ready in about an hour. It will be a standard file download for everyone. If for some reason my site gets threatened, then I'll resort to PM's.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Here you go:

ADMIN EDIT: And it’s gone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow! Thank you so much. Trent is right, the NIN fans are the best...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are the man!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, so The Bang JUST said we aren’t sharing it here because we don’t want the board shut down by HBO. Share this somewhere else. Locking the thread for now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Alright friends, I obviously got caught up in the excitement. The reality is, posting it here was extremely irresponsible of me, and I put not only my own account but the entire forum in jeopardy. My apologies to the admins.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    like... legit just get a trial HBO account ya'll

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    like... legit just get a trial HBO account ya'll
    There’s no way you can do this in the UK, It says it’s unavailable anywhere except the US so I just looked on Now TV where you usually find HBO stuff on Sky Atlantic (and I watched Watchmen), and nothing comes up. Maybe they shouldn’t bother inducting British bands at all if they’re not going to let anyone watch it here legitimately? Like I’d be happy to pay a fiver for a one off watch and download
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-08-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Vpn?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, sorry guys, but HBO is one of the most aggressive enforcers of their copyright. If you can't get it legally in your country, there may be other ways, but they shan't be discussed here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Vpn?
    you have to sign up to HBO so surely they will find out I’m from the UK by my card details? And my problem isn’t paying, I’d happily pay for a month service, £7.99 or whatever but they just aren’t giving us the option to legitimately pay? I’m not a cheapskate and I will pay for content I want. I just find it frustrating that you don’t even have the option to pay for something. I think it’s backwards and increases piracy

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    you have to sign up to HBO so surely they will find out I’m from the UK by my card details? And my problem isn’t paying, I’d happily pay for a month service, £7.99 or whatever but they just aren’t giving us the option to legitimately pay? I’m not a cheapskate and I will pay for content I want. I just find it frustrating that you don’t even have the option to pay for something. I think it’s backwards and increases piracy
    I found this?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xidius View Post
    Can't have it in France, interesting too if someone can send me a MP
    I would also appreciate an MP, aka Mrivate Pessage.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    btw, Woodstock 94 (the entire festival) was filmed in HD, the technology had just come out a year or so before. It wasn't broadcast in HD because people didn't have HD setups at the time. It is very possible that a full, high quality blu-ray of Woodstock 94 can be produced.

I was trying to drum up some interest about this on the internet about 5 years ago for the 20th anniversary but to not much success. Maybe we can collectively figure something out? (I was attempting to get the whole festival released as a blu ray box set...I know, impossible logistics with copyrights, royalties, etc.. )

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I remember, several years ago on this forum, or the old forum, being told that "real NIN fans don't call NIN 'Nails.'"

It seems that, after watching the interview special, that people who play in the fucking BAND call it Nails, though. :P So, whoever that was that talked all that old good shit to me, well... :P

Good GOD i loved that interview, though. When i first turned it on, i was thinking, "oh, goddamnit, THIS is the special thing we're getting? i don't care about this!"

But, those old road stories were fucking GREAT.
    I want more interviews like this.

Also, score one for the home team, for me, in the form of Renholder. I always expected him to be some mysterious, pretentious dude, but, he's a fucking good old TEXAN, and seems as down to earth as it gets. In fact, he REALLY reminds me of the guitar player for Dallas hometown heroes, Old 97's...like, they could be related.

ANYWAY

Yeah, obviously let's not get ETS shut down by HBO. You people DO know how to find such things, though, right? I can assure you that they are there.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-08-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sarah and i watched the whole show together last night. we both love documentary-style stuff and it was fun to watch something like this that was varied and not depressing, and also included bands we both like a lot. i got pretty emotional a few times throughout, just thinking about how powerful music is as a force. it was really great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Theoretically (!) could I make the offer here that people who want to see it should write me a PM? Or would that also be bad?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sarah and i watched the whole show together last night. we both love documentary-style stuff and it was fun to watch something like this that was varied and not depressing, and also included bands we both like a lot. i got pretty emotional a few times throughout, just thinking about how powerful music is as a force. it was really great.
    L and i just finished watching it, too, and it was pretty damn good, for the same reasons you expressed.

One thing i learned: i LOVE the tiny handful of T-Rex songs i've heard, but, HOLY JESUS, i need to get into their catalogue. SO MANY of the songs played sounded SO MUCH like what Bowie was doing at the time, like, to the point that they damn sure could have been Bowie songs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'd also love to know how to watch this, maybe someone can get back to me. Thanks!

EDIT: And oh boy you did, thanks guys!
    Last edited by dlb; 11-09-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I remember, several years ago on this forum, or the old forum, being told that "real NIN fans don't call NIN 'Nails.'"

It seems that, after watching the interview special, that people who play in the fucking BAND call it Nails, though. :P So, whoever that was that talked all that old good shit to me, well... :P
    I had this exact thought when I heard Ally call it 'Nails' in the pre-induction convo thing they did. I used to hear people in real life call it Nails all the time, but whenever I saw someone refer to it as Nails on here they usually got 'ugh' reactions. Always seemed pretty gatekeeper-y to me. Call it whatever feels comfortable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    One thing i learned: i LOVE the tiny handful of T-Rex songs i've heard, but, HOLY JESUS, i need to get into their catalogue. SO MANY of the songs played sounded SO MUCH like what Bowie was doing at the time, like, to the point that they damn sure could have been Bowie songs.

Also, go listen to Electric Warrior and The Slider ASAP.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Bowie and Bolan were good friends. there's a clip of Bowie and Bolan jamming together on Marc's show in the late 70's - very shortly before he died.

I think Dandy in the Underworld is awesome. it's a bit of his older sound but with some synths thrown in there, almost a foreshadow to new wave. Would have love to have seen what he would have done in the 80's...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    T. Rex, I believe "Jeepster" was one of the pre-show songs during the With Teeth tour.

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Bowie and Bolan were good friends. there's a clip of Bowie and Bolan jamming together on Marc's show in the late 70's - very shortly before he died.
    Go read the stories about them. They'd gotten into some spats and had stopped talking until shortly before Marc was killed in a car wreck. Marc's g/f (and the mother of Marc's son), Gloria Jones, survived the crash, but was left totally broke, and their flat was ransacked by angry fans. She escaped with her son to the U.S., where they were living in utter poverty.

In stepped Bowie, who was Rolan Bolan's godfather, and paid for the boy throughout his life, including his education.

There are several links to these stories, but here are a few: https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-b...-godson-story/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...olans-son.html

https://davidbowienews.wordpress.com...n-david-bowie/
    Last edited by allegro; 11-09-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the MPs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The RRHOF inductees interviews is just about the sweetest 'band' interview i've seen in my life!. Nice to see they are genuinely close.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks for the hook up my dudes!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-10-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    If he has mental illness, that isn't really a "demon." It's an illness. That's why I avoided stating it. He seems to be avoiding the spotlight and wants to be left alone.

(Although, he is on Instagram.)

Also, the HoF dictates how many members are allowed to participate.

aaron and i have become buddies (well, i consider him a buddy) over the last year, talking about mental health and brai. trauma..ive never mentioned NIN to him as i assume its kind of a land-mine..but I'm very happy he has found peace

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I took select clips from the Conversation and cut together past footage mainly from the Closure DVD9, Woodstock, Bowie Hurt, and a nearly 10 minute walkthrough of the Tate house in December 1993. It's about 30 minutes, including the clips we've seen last week, but I think serves as a good supplement to see what they were actually talking about in those early days.

I left enough of the Conversation clips to get a decent context of what was about to happen in the clip, so have patience if you've seen it. I've watched the original one 3-4 times already, myself... The Tate house tour instead overlays the Conversation so it's not as slow/dry. There are a couple of songs shown, but not the full performance.

Edit: looks like HBO also used the Closure DVD for many archival clips in the actual show, hah.

Last edited by blassster; 11-11-2020 at 03:55 PM.