Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Snow! ! ! !

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    You Canadians should be laughing pretty hard at how paralyzed Dallas gets when they get a little bit of ice. My flight out on Sunday got pushed to Monday because they have trucks to sand or salt and now Boston is going to get some pushing my flight to tomorrow. Yeesh, I'm a gonna not complain about hot and muggy every again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    You Canadians should be laughing pretty hard at how paralyzed Dallas gets when they get a little bit of ice. My flight out on Sunday got pushed to Monday because they have trucks to sand or salt and now Boston is going to get some pushing my flight to tomorrow. Yeesh, I'm a gonna not complain about hot and muggy every again.
    At least they're taking precautions, I guess. I just saw that video of the massive pile-up in Wisconsin, almost everyone was driving like fucking idiots. They get LOADS of snow every year, and every year there are a ton of car crashes because they all act like it's not even there.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How's the weather?

True. Anywhere, the first snow it's as if we all forgot how to drive in the stuff.

I, like an idiot, thought I could drive a rear wheel drive car on ice that had not been treated with sand, salt or a plow. Watching the dickhead in the giant pick-up slowly 360 by me pretty much sealed our previous decision to ditch the free luxury box seats to the Saturday matinee hockey game. You win some, you lose some.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    At least they're taking precautions, I guess. I just saw that video of the massive pile-up in Wisconsin, almost everyone was driving like fucking idiots. They get LOADS of snow every year, and every year there are a ton of car crashes because they all act like it's not even there.
    Here's the video!! Wtf.

It was apparently snow AND ice, because it was, like, 20 degrees outside. A lot of those morons were obviously NOT PAYING ATTENTION to all the brake lights ahead, speeding and texting or some shit.

I was driving home to Chicago from Detroit and was on the Dan Ryan when it had been snowing for about an hour. The freeway at that point was clear, but it was a total parking lot. The radio reports were telling people to stay ON the freeways in Chicago because the side streets were dangerous. I am not sure why, snow + ice I guess, because there was barely any snow on the ground, yet, as far as I could tell.

I don't care WHAT kind of vehicle you have, you can't drive on ice. I was on I-94 somewhere around Battle Creek late at night, heading toward Chicago, when BLACK ICE appeared out of nowhere. I knew something was up when truckers started REALLY slowing to a crawl and then pulling off onto the shoulder, and then I started seeing people in the ditches, and then I saw a STATE COP CAR in a ditch, holy crap "white knuckle" does not describe it. And when it's really cold, NOTHING works on ice. Sand doesn't do shit, salt doesn't melt it.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-09-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How's the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

I don't care WHAT kind of vehicle you have, you can't drive on ice. I was on I-94 somewhere around Battle Creek late at night, heading toward Chicago, when BLACK ICE appeared out of nowhere. I knew something was up when truckers started REALLY slowing to a crawl and then pulling off onto the shoulder, and then I started seeing people in the ditches, and then I saw a STATE COP CAR in a ditch, holy crap "white knuckle" does not describe it. And when it's really cold, NOTHING works on ice. Sand doesn't do shit, salt doesn't melt it.
    This exact thing happened to me last Sunday morning. I looked over to the other side of the interstate and wondered aloud "why are the cars over there going so slow?" Then I saw a pickup on its roof, down the gulley in between the north and south roads. Ahhhh, I think I'll slow down now. Found out later there was a 65 car pile up further south. Bullet dodged.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Snow! ! ! !
    Same here. I just hope that I don't have to walk on that much ice though, and hope that it doesn't get too thick, but it's also sort of good to see that it actually happened before the middle of December around my way.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This is what my weekend looks like, the white area specifically.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How's the weather?

pfft, I'm in the white area too.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It was nice and sunny today. It rained yesterday but by evening it was very windy, perfect trench-coat weather!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is the forecast for Minnesota:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The high Monday is -8. I can't wait to bitch about the next couple of days to my grandchildren.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It seems to be as cold as it'll ever get and perhaps even a little bit more colder in New York City. From the looks of it January and most of February is the worst. I'm still amazed that it was sort of warm a few days before Christmas though, considering how the weather can also get very unseasonable and unpredictable here.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    As of five hours ago, this is what it looks like now.

I've also heard that we're getting 2-3 inches an hour. Fortunately it'll all stop around Midnight, when it becomes too cold to even snow. It's interesting because I oddly don't feel as terrible as it was when we were smack dab in the middle of a "heat dome" a few summers ago.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It's been snowing here in Chicago for five whole days, nonstop.

But, the snow is NOTHING compared to THIS SHIT:

Attachment 333

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    snowing again. and since none of you know me irl and can't curse my ass out:

FUCK YEAH.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's been snowing here in Chicago for five whole days, nonstop.

But, the snow is NOTHING compared to THIS SHIT:

Attachment 333
    Hang in there buddy, its just as bad here in Missouri.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy fuck -30. The temperatures are so much more extreme on the North American continent. If it hit -30 here i can guarantee the whole country would cease to function.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Somewhere in Montana the projected wind chill factor is -59.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    WTFFFFFFFFFffffffffffff i just had to walk home with the goddamn wind blowing in my face the whole fucking trip and my phone says its fucking 22 below zero?!?!? WHAT?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me!!???!?!??! jesus christ almighty I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT i literally almost died out there tonight, they would have found me in the morning just like in the shining. i used to think burning to death would be the worst way to go, but i'll take that over slowly freezing to death in the middle of this brutal frozen shithole.

in fact, why the FUCK do I even live here anymore?!!????? I don't even like this fucking place!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    my phone says its fucking 22 below zero?!?!?
    Holy fuck, where do you live? Is that -22ºC or -22ºF? I was gonna come in and say it feels like it might now but it's only 1ºC here.

*edit* just saw your post above about Indiana, so I'm assuming that's Fahrenheit, which would be -30ºC. Sheeeeeeeit.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 01-06-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Rainy as fuck here, but a sweltering 12c. It'll snow in May, mark my words.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Current temperature in Minneapolis: -21 Fahrenheit (-29.4 Celsius) with a wind chill of -44 Fahrenheit (-42.2 Celsius). In the immortal words of Lewis Black: "FUCK, IT'S COLD!!!"

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hey North America! Let us borrow some of that show of yours, what do you say?
    Here in Eastern Europe we're supposed to have some snow by now (usually by mid to late December), instead we've got +3C (that's 38F in America) and a fucking rain. On 6 January. Are you fucking kidding me.
    That was the warmest Christmas/New Year week in my whole life.
    Last edited by fillow; 01-06-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, where do you live? Is that -22ºC or -22ºF? I was gonna come in and say it feels like it might now but it's only 1ºC here.

*edit* just saw your post above about Indiana, so I'm assuming that's Fahrenheit, which would be -30ºC. Sheeeeeeeit.
    I think you might be getting me mixed up with someone else (onthewall is the one posted about Indiana).

I live in Minneapolis, where it's currently -16 fahrenheit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's currently 2ºC right now in Québec and it's raining. Tomorrow, it will be -16ºC (-28ºC with the wind factor). What do you think will happen to all that water that's falling down right now? HUH?

I've never learned to skate, people! *curses at the bloody ice*

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    sitting in Chicago at -8 right now. (f) With wind chill today the area is at about -35 f. FUN TIMES! Schools are closed, tons of businesses closed or opened late / and or are closing early due to all of this. Its awesome. gotta tell ye.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    it's -20 C. and some awesome neighbor just stole our snow shovel off the porch this morning.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

How's the weather?

not as bad as you guys, it's 10ºC at the moment, and it's very rainy and windy! sorry to hear yer havin shitty weather over there