Thread: Tenet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I understand where Nolan is coming from here, but he's being unrealistic. He wants the reality of this to give way to his passion project, and the virus doesn't give a shit.

He should release it streaming, and then, when everything is sane again, do a theatrical IMAX run. If the movie is good, and people long for that theatrical experience, it'll be a good way to illustrate the necessity of the theater experience. It might be seen as the movie we "go back into theaters for" again, and if it feels like something that was intended to really shine in theaters, that should nag at us until we get to experience it.

But at least let us just watch it at this point, and no, I'm not going to a theater anytime soon.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I understand where Nolan is coming from here, but he's being unrealistic. He wants the reality of this to give way to his passion project, and the virus doesn't give a shit.

He should release it streaming, and then, when everything is sane again, do a theatrical IMAX run. If the movie is good, and people long for that theatrical experience, it'll be a good way to illustrate the necessity of the theater experience. It might be seen as the movie we "go back into theaters for" again, and if it feels like something that was intended to really shine in theaters, that should nag at us until we get to experience it.

But at least let us just watch it at this point, and no, I'm not going to a theater anytime soon.

seriously, you really hit the bullseye here. everyone who's like "I WANT TO SEE THIS IN THE THEATER" would still watch it streaming, and then flock to the theater as soon as it's safe to reopen.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Nolan is my favorite director and it's been incredibly heart breaking to see him seemingly not give a flying fuck about this virus and instead only seems to care about "BUT YOU GOTTA SEE IT ON THE IMAAAAAAAX SCREEEEEEEEN". Fuck off man and just release the shit on VOD like this Friday unexpectedly and you'll get aaaaaall that cash you seemingly have such a hard on for, as if you aren't gonna be living off of Batman royalties for the rest of your life. SEVERELY disappointed in him.